COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

On 10/1/2020 at 4:29 AM, mrcharliemofo said:

I'd only heard of the footballer in Buriram, was there more ?

Off topic now but didn't this flu come at a good time for the army to sweep those killings in Korat under the carpet so it didn't make them look corrupt ?

1    guy who was a DJ working in 2 large clubs in Bangkok

2    footballer, Ukrainian? played a match at Buriram then went to a training camp in Bangkok

3    Young child from Myanmar was tested positive on return home from Thailand

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, bob lt said:

2    footballer, Ukrainian? played a match at Buriram then went to a training camp in Bangkok

And there were the two women, at least one of them had been through the 14-day quarantine when she returned. The authorities started burbling about needing a 21-day or 28-day quarantine period instead, which was not what the tourist advocates wanted to hear, so instead it got blamed on the fact that she lived in or had spent time in Loei. You can just imagine all the politicians nodding their heads sagely, "Ah, Loei, so that's all explained then!", lol.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, bob lt said:

23 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

And there were the two women, at least one of them had been through the 14-day quarantine when she returned. The authorities started burbling about needing a 21-day or 28-day quarantine period instead, which was not what the tourist advocates wanted to hear, so instead it got blamed on the fact that she lived in or had spent time in Loei. You can just imagine all the politicians nodding their heads sagely, "Ah, Loei, so that's all explained then!", lol.

Call the gestapo so thag they put a yellow star on their shirt, to make sure everybody avoids them.

Or safer, shoot them and burn the body.

You can't be safe enough....

FFS, when I read this kind of rubbish it makes me sick.

13 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Call the gestapo so thag they put a yellow star on their shirt, to make sure everybody avoids them.

Or safer, shoot them and burn the body.

You can't be safe enough....

FFS, when I read this kind of rubbish it makes me sick.

This is in response to @Toy Boy post regarding 3 local transmitted cases . It is factual but not intended as a witch hunt. 

On 10/9/2020 at 4:35 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

My understanding is there are ways for the above to get back into Thailand but they are thought by many to be too cost prohibitive/restrictive and therefore unattractive.

Yup, all these categories can now enter Thailand, even if the Elite Visa holders may find it a trudge.  If they'd just add long stayers without a condo, wife etc they'd have a lot more despite the insurance and quarantine requirements IMO.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 11:36 AM, Thai Spice said:

Corrected

But they're still lovely Thais, the best people in the world ... who should NEVER be criticized .....😄

I know, those folks who think it should NEVER be criticised really are a-holes, really similar to those who CONTINUALLY criticise it .... 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 10/8/2020 at 4:31 PM, dcfc2007 said:

I don't believe the story about the vegetarian festival in Phuket. Sounds a load of bollocks to me.

I just don't think there was enough interest considering the onerous requirements and the cost of the whole thing.

Either way it has been a monumental f**k up. I feel for tourism operators in Thailand, what little light there was at the end of the tunnel is fading fast. 

yes it does.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/10/12/foreign-ministry-tourism-officials-clash-on-pandemic-visas/

Capture.JPG

• Thumbs Up 2

54 minutes ago, lazarus said:

LOL.

Wow, I had my suspicions but that's incredible.

It's not really surprising though is it, people go on holiday to relax and enjoy themselves, a whole raft of bureaucratic measures is just going to put people off.

I think Thailand, like the rest of the world, need to accept that international tourism is dead in the water until a vaccine comes along, or, the world decides to change course in how it deals with Covid. 

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

My wife's friend,a Thai lady well into her 60's,flew back to Thailand from the UK on Sunday.

She lives in Bangkok but they put her into quarantine in the Beverly hotel in south Pattaya,which sounds a little odd.

My wife has been telling me about quite a lot of feedback about these government quarantine choices and it isn't all good. Main complaint seems to be about the food although it did surprise me to see quite a few hotels in Pattaya being used.

Why would a Chinese wanting a bit of sunshine and a some beach time bother putting up with all the rigmarole involved in getting into Thailand at the moment? Surely they'd just hop on an internal flight down to Hainan, which has beaches aplenty and is in the tropics. Something definitely fishy about this story.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Why would a Chinese wanting a bit of sunshine and a some beach time bother putting up with all the rigmarole involved in getting into Thailand at the moment? Surely they'd just hop on an internal flight down to Hainan, which has beaches aplenty and is in the tropics. Something definitely fishy about this story.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2006367/china-says-will-maintain-ban-on-outbound-tours-due-to-virus-risk

China has a ban on outbound tourists. So how then were the tourists able to leave to China. It doesn't add up, as many have said, these 'tourists' were most likely Chinese government officials. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

She could have caught it on the way over as well of course. Not sure where she flew from but since it was a Thai Airways flight chances are she flew with Thais who had boarded without having to show a negative PCR test. 

On 10/22/2020 at 2:41 PM, dcfc2007 said:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2006367/china-says-will-maintain-ban-on-outbound-tours-due-to-virus-risk

China has a ban on outbound tourists. So how then were the tourists able to leave to China. It doesn't add up, as many have said, these 'tourists' were most likely Chinese government officials. 

They have banned outbound tour groups, not FIT travelers. Even in normal times outbound FIT International Travel is very restricted in China and only available to those with big dosh.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 6:47 AM, Bazle said:

Mae Sot is where I spend about 18 days in every month. I am there now until I return to Pattaya/Bangsaray probably on the 3rd November.

Prior to this recent incidence Mae Sot only ever had two Covid infections both back in March and both visitors from Pattaya. One of Sai's friends is a nurse at the General Hospital who dealt with the two positive cases and confirmed there had not been any further Covid admissions until the recent infections.

It is not two but up to eight now including one young child all supposedly traced back to the two truck drivers who having crossed over from Burma then went shopping in Mae Sot. They traced well over 100 "potential contacts" all of whom have been in isolation which I believe ends tomorrow. There have not been any reports of infections after the original cases. All bars and restaurants have been effectively shut down by the authorities but may well open again after this weekend.

Even though Mae Sot had for months only the two cases the town continued to enforce recommended measures. You cannot shop in any of the three major shopping centers without wearing masks and being temperature tested and you have to enter your contact details on a sheet at entry. The same applies to entering all 7-Elevens.

There is a very large Tesco shopping center halfway between the town center and the border crossing to and from Burma. Back in March they closed the border and all Burma nationals returned home. The Tesco shopping center overnight went from being very busy with about 20 or so checkouts to having just 2 remaining open with the store and all the other shops in the complex being very quiet even at the weekends other than the various restaurants.

It is very easy to pick out the Burma nationals and they have been completely absent for months. Except, maybe for the last 3/4 weeks when I have seen small numbers shopping in Tesco's, bulk buying items prsumably for subsequent resale and not personal use. I saw one shopper with two carts full of bottles of coke of all things.

How are they turning up if the border remains closed?

The answer is that APPARENTLY Thailand has recently been allowing numbers of visitors to come across the border from Burma each day for 7 hour shopping trips which means that although most will go straight to the big Tesco complex there is nothing to stop them wandering all over the Town as long as they return within 7 hours. Little wonder the truck drivers did the same thing.

The local Thai's in the town, having just learned of these 7 hour shopping trips, are  up in arms about this happening which is hardly surprising. I imagine the border crossing is totally closed again but you never know.

Fortunately there is also a "Robinsons" shopping complex in the Town center with its own large supermarket. Somewhat more expensive and "upmarket" and thus never a haunt of Burma visitors. 😀 

Edited by Jambo
  • Great Info 3

Thailand is not doing any "mass testing" so of course they dont find positive cases.

The only one we hear about are people who fell ill, went to the hospital and got checked.

Again, let them do 500k or 1 million testing per week and you'll see what is the real situation.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/24/2020 at 10:18 AM, Thai Spice said:

Thailand is not doing any "mass testing" so of course they dont find positive cases.

The only one we hear about are people who fell ill, went to the hospital and got checked.

Again, let them do 500k or 1 million testing per week and you'll see what is the real situation.

And not only Thailand is using this "not testing" policy ....

https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2020/10/25/some-regions-in-c-java-dont-test-for-covid-19-to-maintain-green-zone-status-ganjar.html

But yeah, keep dreaming .......