COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

"To date, it has been accepted that SARS was transmitted from bats to humans via palm civets and, in the case of its cousin MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome) from bats to humans via camels"

Bloody hell, bats, civets, camels, pigs, chicken, cows....

Can't fecking trust any animal anymore if you believe all this !

Whats next ? 🐸🐸🐸🐸  🐚🐚🐚🐚 Frogs or escargots ?

22 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

"To date, it has been accepted that SARS was transmitted from bats to humans via palm civets and, in the case of its cousin MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome) from bats to humans via camels"

Bloody hell, bats, civets, camels, pigs, chicken, cows....

Can't fecking trust any animal anymore if you believe all this !

Whats next ? 🐸🐸🐸🐸  🐚🐚🐚🐚 Frogs or escargots ?

That's the problem with standardisation.

The genetic code is (nearly) universal

With some minor exceptions, all living organisms on Earth use the same genetic code. This means that the codons specifying the 20 amino acids in your cells are the same as those used by the bacteria inhabiting hydrothermal vents at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

I guess it makes reincarnation easier though.

China finally getting a bit closer to reality in how they count new infections, thus causing a spike in the number of new cases for the day.

China records over 14,800 new coronavirus infections in one day

Yesterday Chinese officials broadened their definition of what constitutes a confirmed coronavirus case, to include "clinically diagnosed cases" -- i.e. people diagnosed on the basis of their symptoms rather than testing positive.

This has led to a huge spike in the number of cases reported -- 14,840 in just one day. But this kind of tweaked definition is "normal," said the World Health Organization.

“It’s normal during the course of an outbreak to adapt the case definition,” said Sylvie Briand, director of the WHO's Infectious Hazards Management Department, on Wednesday.
“When the situation is evolving, you change your definition just to make sure you can monitor the disease accurately, and this is what they have done recently -- change the case definition to incorporate more cases that were not in the initial case definition, but also integrate cases that are both asymptomatic or with little symptom."

The global number of confirmed coronavirus cases now exceeds 60,015 -- the vast majority in mainland China.

This is really bad 😱😱  

Those are not just some small provincial towns !

Shanghai bans entry into city from February 14

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.teletrader.com/amp/news/details/51251376

Coronavirus: dim sum off the menu as Guangzhou bans eating in restaurants

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3050518/coronavirus-dim-sum-menu-guangzhou-bans-eating-restaurants

Not a good time to live / work in China ....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

This is really bad 😱😱  

Those are not just some small provincial towns !

Shanghai bans entry into city from February 14

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.teletrader.com/amp/news/details/51251376

Coronavirus: dim sum off the menu as Guangzhou bans eating in restaurants

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3050518/coronavirus-dim-sum-menu-guangzhou-bans-eating-restaurants

Not a good time to live / work in China ....

Amazing

8 minutes ago, jcolorado said:

Amazing

Yes, I dont really know what to think any more ?

Are they going in panic mode (having seen local political heads roll) or is this virus really spreading out of control ?

I mean Shanghai is 24 M people, 3 times N.Y. population ! How you lock that up ? Or fake news ?

The restaurant closure thing is happening in other cities as well, source is SCMP which, even politically influenced, should be reliable on this.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 4:28 PM, coxyhog said:

Just heard on the news here in the UK that two inmates at a prison have got it.I guess unless they have been recently banged up then tracing their contacts should be easy.

They weren`t confirmed to have it,  they were just being tested, not heard anything since they we can assume they are clear. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 2:34 PM, forcebwithu said:

China finally getting a bit closer to reality in how they count new infections, thus causing a spike in the number of new cases for the day.

China records over 14,800 new coronavirus infections in one day

Yesterday Chinese officials broadened their definition of what constitutes a confirmed coronavirus case, to include "clinically diagnosed cases" -- i.e. people diagnosed on the basis of their symptoms rather than testing positive.

This has led to a huge spike in the number of cases reported -- 14,840 in just one day. But this kind of tweaked definition is "normal," said the World Health Organization.

“It’s normal during the course of an outbreak to adapt the case definition,” said Sylvie Briand, director of the WHO's Infectious Hazards Management Department, on Wednesday.
“When the situation is evolving, you change your definition just to make sure you can monitor the disease accurately, and this is what they have done recently -- change the case definition to incorporate more cases that were not in the initial case definition, but also integrate cases that are both asymptomatic or with little symptom."

The global number of confirmed coronavirus cases now exceeds 60,015 -- the vast majority in mainland China.

i think this is a very good analysis of yesterdays "spike" in deaths and indeed cases.This is all about who you count ...no nation in the world .. including the USA can monitor this accurately on a day to day basis let alone provide more than educated  guesswork on infectivity and mortalty rate..it will be a retrospective analysis in the final analysis 

Who knows what the f**k is going on in China but epidemiological analysis of extra-china spread and comparing to previous other infectious disease outbreaks suggests total  number infected  is between 10-20 times official figures...so now way more than 1 million infected with  Wuhan Novel Coronovirus...forgot the fucking new name lol

Its worth pausing for reflection on this 

19 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Screenshot_20200214-184624_Gallery-600x1067.jpg

🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

what is your fucking problem... no idea where the image is from!!!... in China.Wuhan totally realistic...in Buenos Aires  probably not...its the context

Why are you trying to belittle terrified uneducated  people whilst there are plenty in Wuhan justifiably terrified ?

How does that float your boat????

Are you that sick?...its not the first of those images from you...its fucking pathetic and worthy of total scorn imo

At least provide a location from where the image was taken to gauge  how appropriate frightened people most  scared for their kids over themselves are

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

what is your fucking problem... no idea where the image is from!!!... in China.Wuhan totally realistic...in Buenos Aires  probably not...its the context

Why are you trying to belittle terrified uneducated  people whilst there are plenty in Wuhan justifiably terrified ?

How does that float your boat????

Are you that sick?...its not the first of those images from you...its fucking pathetic and worthy of total scorn imo

At least provide a location from where the image was taken to gauge  how appropriate frightened people most  scared for their kids over themselves are

Hahahaha...BTW, how many years have you spend in China / HKG  or how many visits have you done there ?

If zero, please abstain from ANY comment on the subject.

I find this images hilarious and so do my friends and colleagues in HKG ..... Besides them being fairly pissed off with facing it daily.

btw, from your post :

"uneducated  people"

Good to see we share the same views about the mainlanders ! 😄😄😄🤣🤣🤣

So, I will continue to post humorous pics !

10 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Hahahaha...BTW, how many years have you spend in China / HKG  or how many visits have you done there ?

If zero, please abstain from ANY comment on the subject.

I find this images hilarious and so do my friends and colleagues in HKG ..... Besides them being fairly pissed off with facing it daily.

btw, from your post :

"uneducated  people"

Good to see we share the same views about the mainlanders ! 😄😄😄🤣🤣🤣

So, I will continue to post humorous pics !

carry on being an unhumorous shit head ..knock yourself out...

Edited by Ivan the terrible