COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

3 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

I transited  through HGK night before last and I’ve never seen it that quiet.

Was a dead zone.

Understandable as (nearly ?) all flight to / from China are banned, and many flights from HKG to other Asian countries suspended by the destination country.

Looking for a trip in April when all this has calmed down. I dont worry about the virus, but more about some overzealous idiot putting me in quarantine somewhere. 

This temperature measuring thing is practised since long time, and I was once stopped stepping of an EK flight from BKK. "Are you sick sir ?" "No, I had too much drink on the plane..."

Not sure it would make them laugh this time !

I was talking to a pal on Facebook earlier and some guy on his platform has been quarantined with suspected coronavirus.

The guy who is suspected of having it  has just returned back from a holiday spending time in Bangkok and Pattaya

My pal said its either coronavirus or the guys got aids as its common knowledge he's been firing into the ladyboys for years on his visits to Thailand😀

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/scotland/oil-rig-worker-tested-for-coronavirus/

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JPK said:

I was talking to a pal on Facebook earlier and some guy on his platform has been quarantined with suspected coronavirus.

The guy who is suspected of having it  has just returned back from a holiday spending time in Bangkok and Pattaya

My pal said its either coronavirus or the guys got aids as its common knowledge he's been firing into the ladyboys for years on his visits to Thailand😀

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/scotland/oil-rig-worker-tested-for-coronavirus/

So, 

Quarantine the platform, and all the workers on it

Quarantine all his family members

Launch an investigation tracking which pub he frequented, all his mates, the plane (and the 300 pax) that brought him back from Thailand, the taxi or bus or train he took to home..

Etc...

Sounds a bit excessive ?

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

If by June this thing is not over, it means we're all "virused" 

I personally wouldn't be worried about me catching it, I'm fit and healthy, and would kick f**k out of it!

Just don't want a continued overkill in panic and flights pulled. 

Though that said, I wouldn't want my young daughter to catch it, just incase ...

• Like 2

Just received a "Delayed Delivery" email for my two orders with Lazada that are coming from China. No surprise, and glad they're delaying the delivery considering the risk of spreading the virus via packages shipped from China. But had a good laugh at the wording of the email. Think Lazada would be great at writing press releases for the communist party. "extended Lunar New Year holidays in China", give me a break. How fucking stupid do they think people are to believe that BS.

We are sorry to inform you that due to extended Lunar New Year holidays in China, sellers may take longer to fulfill your order

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Just received a "Delayed Delivery" email for my two orders with Lazada that are coming from China. No surprise, and glad they're delaying the delivery considering the risk of spreading the virus via packages shipped from China. But had a good laugh at the wording of the email. Think Lazada would be great at writing press releases for the communist party. "extended Lunar New Year holidays in China", give me a break. How fucking stupid do they think people are to believe that BS.

Its true in the sense that factories are closed and therefore production lines out of operation due to the longer holidays. Lots of major companies use China for production and/or assembly like HP Inc so there's bound to be a shortage in PCs soon as well. 

10 minutes ago, Esco said:

Its true in the sense that factories are closed and therefore production lines out of operation due to the longer holidays. Lots of major companies use China for production and/or assembly like HP Inc so there's bound to be a shortage in PCs soon as well. 

I think it's a poor choice of words to be calling it an extended holiday. I'm sure those out of work because of the disruption the virus is causing are not looking at it as a holiday.

8 hours ago, Krapow said:

I personally wouldn't be worried about me catching it, I'm fit and healthy, and would kick f**k out of it!

Just don't want a continued overkill in panic and flights pulled. 

Though that said, I wouldn't want my young daughter to catch it, just incase ...

In a similar situation mrs rock is heading home mid may and I'm arriving late may early June possibly with a couple of my grandaughters

Well I`m heading over in 5 weeks time, if I decide to cancel off my own back I lose my airfare and a weeks pre-paid hotel totally around £700,  I assume the planes flying out of London are not empty, it can`t have scared off that many tourists yet. 

Of course if it all kicks off before my date I may have to reconsider. but has it stands my insurers will not cover any lost revenue. 

46 minutes ago, ukdave51 said:

Well I`m heading over in 5 weeks time, if I decide to cancel off my own back I lose my airfare and a weeks pre-paid hotel totally around £700,  I assume the planes flying out of London are not empty, it can`t have scared off that many tourists yet. 

I flew out from London on EVA's Monday evening flight. Getting on 100% full.

The only difference from usual was that almost all the Asian passengers, plus all the cabin crew, wore masks.

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

The only difference from usual was that almost all the Asian passengers, plus all the cabin crew, wore masks.

Had been thinking about that, even when we were leaving end of Jan loads were wearing masks at Swampy, staff and customers. The wife's mum had given her 3 masks for us, I couldn't be arsed wearing it, missus took hers off after half an hour as well. 

What's it like in Pattaya, loads wearing masks?

I know the Thai health minister made a rant and then retracted it about farangs not wearing masks.

f***d if I want to be wearing one of them in June/July when it's blistering hot as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Had been thinking about that, even when we were leaving end of Jan loads were wearing masks at Swampy, staff and customers. The wife's mum had given her 3 masks for us, I couldn't be arsed wearing it, missus took hers off after half an hour as well. 

What's it like in Pattaya, loads wearing masks?

I know the Thai health minister made a rant and then retracted it about farangs not wearing masks.

f***d if I want to be wearing one of them in June/July when it's blistering hot as well. 

They're only good for about an hour anyway, once they're damp from your breathe they become breeding grounds for germs. Plus they're more for stopping you infecting other people rather than protecting you from airborne pathogens.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bob lt said:

Thinking only of UK to Thailand flights, I surmise that direct and flights via Middle East will be busier picking up passengers that may have booked Air China, Southern, Eastern etc.

Quanta's flights at the moment are 30% cheaper than they were 14 years ago from Wellington via Sydney to bkk

They must be really hurting the 10s of 100s of Chinese students arnt coming down here

13 hours ago, bexwell said:

I'm going to wear one when I get there in a few weeks, not because I'm worried about the Corona virus it's just that I'm fucking ugly :default_1263:

10 hours ago, farangme said:

All fake news, corona virus ffs.

It's true, I swear.