COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

6 hours ago, Bazle said:

A rather disturbing development in the UK.

4 of the people who were brought home from the cruise ship in Japan and put in quarantine in England have tested positive. Why disturbing? Because they had been quarantined on board the ship, AND tested negative before leaving Japan.

The TV reports are rather different now.

It seems the results of the tests in Japan weren't known until after the individuals had boarded the plane home.

All very strange.

UAE have put a travel ban in place to Iran and Thailand for its citizens. Not sure why it's just Thailand and not any other Asian countries. I'm travelling through Dubai on Friday but as the ban is only for UAE citizens I'm hoping everything will be ok.

14 minutes ago, Murchie said:

UAE have put a travel ban in place to Iran and Thailand for its citizens. Not sure why it's just Thailand and not any other Asian countries. I'm travelling through Dubai on Friday but as the ban is only for UAE citizens I'm hoping everything will be ok.

Good luck!

Please let us know how you get on.... I'm going Bkk-LGW via Dubai next month.... I hope!

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, fygjam said:

image.png

So mortality rate up to 3.3% by my calculation.

That is at best only a rough estimate at this point time.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Mortality Rate

Last updated: February 18, 11:45 GMT

alert-plus.png Latest findings:

At present, it is tempting to estimate the case fatality rate by dividing the number of known deaths by the number of confirmed cases. The resulting number, however, does not represent the true case fatality rate and might be off by orders of magnitude [...]

A precise estimate of the case fatality rate is therefore impossible at present.

2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV): estimating the case fatality rate – a word of caution - Battegay Manue et al., Swiss Med Wkly, February 7, 2020

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate/

Edited by forcebwithu

5 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Bloody virus....my billions took a hit yesterday 😱😱😱😭😭😭

Screenshot_20200225-071318_My Stocks Portfolio-600x1067.jpg

Ive sold up as I expect it will get worse. Lots of talk about a big recession hitting this year and the gold price going through the roof indicates the stock markets are in for a 'correction'. 

If you go sneezing through LHR, you could end up with an extended stay at the Holiday Inn!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/17/heathrow-hotel-block-booked-as-coronavirus-quarantine-facility

"A Holiday Inn at Heathrow airport has been block-booked to be used as a quarantine facility in anticipation of more potential coronavirus cases arriving in the UK.

The hotel will be used for those considered at risk but with nowhere else to go, the Department of Health confirmed. This includes space for people to self-isolate if they have been advised to, and to be tested for the virus and await results.

Guests booked to stay at the Heathrow Ariel hotel on Bath Road have been transferred to sister hotels."

Now it has hit Tenerife:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-tourists-at-tenerife-hotel-tested-for-coronavirus-as-case-confirmed-in-adeje-11942764

"Hundreds of tourists at a hotel in Tenerife are reportedly being tested for the coronavirus after a confirmed case of COVID-19 was identified.

Officials from the town of Adeje, which is popular with British holidaymakers, say the H10 Costa Adeje Palace is in quarantine - and Spain's El Pais newspaper is reporting that health officials are conducting tests in the resort."

24 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Now it has hit Tenerife:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-tourists-at-tenerife-hotel-tested-for-coronavirus-as-case-confirmed-in-adeje-11942764

"Hundreds of tourists at a hotel in Tenerife are reportedly being tested for the coronavirus after a confirmed case of COVID-19 was identified.

Officials from the town of Adeje, which is popular with British holidaymakers, say the H10 Costa Adeje Palace is in quarantine - and Spain's El Pais newspaper is reporting that health officials are conducting tests in the resort."

And European tourists from all over the continent travel there to escape winter so safe to say more cases will turn up elsewhere.. 

One of my wife's Thai mates here in London said her 8 year old mixed race daughter came home from school yesterday near in tears. She told her mum that some other children singled her out and started shouting at her that she had the virus. 

Would make you think what must the parents be telling them at home, to come out with that at that age.

She's taking her daughter to school today and going to speak to the teachers.

Fucking horrible 😔

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

One of my wife's Thai mates here in London said her 8 year old mixed race daughter came home from school yesterday near in tears. She told her mum that some other children singled her out and started shouting at her that she had the virus. 

Would make you think what must the parents be telling them at home, to come out with that at that age.

She's taking her daughter to school today and going to speak to the teachers.

Fucking horrible 😔

Kids mate , they say horrible shit not even realising especially at 8.

They see so much shit online too it's hard to stay away from it.

• Like 1

Tom Cruise forced to halt Mission Impossible filming and flee to UK after coronavirus strikes Italy

Tom Cruise has been forced to evacuate from Venice, where he was filming his latest Mission: Impossible film, following a high-risk coronavirus outbreak.

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

Tom Cruise forced to halt Mission Impossible filming and flee to UK after coronavirus strikes Italy

Tom Cruise has been forced to evacuate from Venice, where he was filming his latest Mission: Impossible film, following a high-risk coronavirus outbreak.

I hope he's in quarantine....

Wait till it hits the US ! 

Naaaah, Trump wont let that happen !

Hopefully the fucking madness is not coming here. Not speaking about the virus (I wont change any of my habits if it did) but all the hysteria that goes with it.... 

Worst case scenario we head.for the jungle. Nobody gives a shit there ....

• Like 1