Holliday Time - Do you spend more on drink than food?

john luke

In Thailand yes as in Pattaya I buy lots of rounds and up in Isaan Esco land (me old Dutch mate) I tend to buy boxes of Leo and only really eat breakfast and a light fish type dinner.

Just realised I don't eat lunch in isaan ........................ blimey its true. Beer gives glucose and fuel so why ??? 

23 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

In Thailand yes as in Pattaya I buy lots of rounds and up in Isaan Esco land (me old Dutch mate) I tend to buy boxes of Leo and only really eat breakfast and a light fish type dinner.

Just realised I don't eat lunch in isaan ........................ blimey its true. Beer gives glucose and fuel so why ??? 

Off topic, but I think you're not the only one. IMO, if it can be OK for a few days on holiday it sure is, healthwise, a major disaster if done every day on the long term. 

Personally, I have cut my 2 daily large Bintang to zero when at the jungle house. Only water now when up there. 

And I have 3 proper meals a day.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, john luke said:

Holliday Time - Do you spend more on beer than food?

Depends where on holiday, but if in Pattaya or similar that's rather easy. 

I eat mostly Thai food so spend probably around 500 baht per day on food for 3 meals a day, maybe a little more. 

At an average beer price of 80 baht that's around 6 to 7 beers. For some that's breakfast 🙂

• Thumbs Up 2

Since I don't drink alcohol while the sun is up and keep 1 out of 3 days alcohol free, I will guess it ends at about the same amount +/- 1000 baht seen over a 3 week holiday.

(other drinks such as coffee, milk, water, fanta etc not included, same goes for small food items such as chocolate, gum etc)

Was thinking about this last night. 

I think I've spent most on taxis. 

Airport - Bangkok - Ayuttaya - Bangkok - Cha Am - Pattaya - Ayuttaya - Airport. 

But doubt renting a car, plus logistics of it would be less hassle, expense. 

If didn't have the child could do cheaper transport options, he little vans etc. But too much hassle with a child and everything needed for the child. 

50 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Was thinking about this last night. 

I think I've spent most on taxis. 

Airport - Bangkok - Ayuttaya - Bangkok - Cha Am - Pattaya - Ayuttaya - Airport. 

But doubt renting a car, plus logistics of it would be less hassle, expense. 

If didn't have the child could do cheaper transport options, he little vans etc. But too much hassle with a child and everything needed for the child. 

Single, married, with a child... all different life styles, and can't really compare them.

Oops, and I forgot to add "pensioner" 😄😄😄