Advice, please - UK visitors staying 3 nights

Proffesor

I have a British husband & wife ( personal friends of mine for 30+ years ) stopping over next week-end on their way to visit their daughter in New Zealand.

We're due to meet them at BKK on Friday evening, entertain and accommodate them over the weekend and return them to BKK on Monday afternoon for their onward flight.

Do I / we ( the Thai wife and I ) need to do anything regarding registration of their stay with us ( in Pattaya Darkside ) with Jomtien Immigration ? Obviously, we are neither a hotel or a guest house - just a private dwelling with a second bedroom. As such, the property owner ( my wife ) has never had cause to register our address as "Accommodation".

Whilst I accept that the easy option is probably to "do nothing", my policy in general is to try to comply with the rules of the Country in which I choose ( though I sometimes wonder why ) to live; and I don't want our guests to get accosted by officials as they try to leave BKK, for failing to have registered their location.

Advise please . . . .

36 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

I posted this information on another thread.

You can register online here for a login. I tried but we don't have all the information we need with us in Australia.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/FilterNoLogonServlet?nodeId=24&programId=FNHOTELREG

Thanks for that.

However, it won't accept the information that I'm entering ! I know where I live. I have multiple documents with my address on,  but the drop-down box for the sub-district doesn't have an option for "Nonprue", so the entire form is repeatedly rejected.

They will register where they are staying on their landing card so best to register them although I note they don't come in till a Friday night and leave by Monday afternoon.

You could probably get away with not doing anything but you may get a nosy neighbour who might want to talk with a local officer of the law. I would send your wife to immigration in Jomtien and ask them how best to do it as it looks like your only window for registration is Monday morning. 

You are neither hotel or guest house but you are acting as accommodation for others hence the need to register, it is the Thai way.......

Amongst our neighbours are two police officers and a lady who's daughter works for Immigration. Have spoken with all 3, none of them have any idea. The 2 police didn't know what I was talking about. Go figure.

Looks like I'll have to drag the wife down to Immigration early next week.

Thanks for the various advice.

I've now managed ( I think ) to get the Property Registration completed on-line ( the wife has an email that says it has been received ). I'll try using her Username & Login to get into the system tomorrow and see what is required to register the guests - I've asked them to send copies of their Passports in advance of arrival.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

I guess that was Thursday evening's flight from Glasgow.  I try to avoid that one as it's a short transit in Dubai with no decent options if it's delayed.  Delays on the lunchtime flight seem to have more options.  Remind them that depending on the reason for the delay they might be due 600 Euro each compensation.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1