Qatar Airways start charging for seats

KWA

Joining most of the other airlines, Qatar will now charge for pre-booked seats in Economy.  Exceptions are for Gold and above Privilege Club members, with a discount for Silvers, and tickets booked on the more expensive Economy tickets (Value and Flexi).  Business and First Class remain free.

ETA:  Still free from check in opening.

Edited by KWA

1 hour ago, KWA said:

Joining most of the other airlines, Qatar will now charge for pre-booked seats in Economy.  Exceptions are for Gold and above Privilege Club members, with a discount for Silvers, and tickets booked on the more expensive Economy tickets (Value and Flexi).  Business and First Class remain free.

ETA:  Still free from check in opening.

I booked a flight last month for July and it was free for my July flight (unless it's only just come in and I've managed to beat the date they started charging?!)

I see they don't just make it a token payment, $50 for extra legroom or $30 for any other seat.

I'll do what I've always done, go onto the Qatar website just before I check in and look at my booking to see where everybody else is sat and ask for whatever available seat I want.

Edited by bexwell