Flight prices from UK in March.

Smiler

I have been having a look at flights from the UK end of March. EVA £550, Thai £670 direct. Emirates £520, Etihad £480 and Qatar at £430. Oman are cheaper still but one of the stopovers is stupid so not worth considering.

Who would you choose and why?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Smiler said:

I have been having a look at flights from the UK end of March. EVA £550, Thai £670 direct. Emirates £520, Etihad £480 and Qatar at £430. Oman are cheaper still but one of the stopovers is stupid so not worth considering.

Depends which Airport is more convenient for you ... if LHR then I would go for EVA , a direct flight is always best imo .... if Gatwick is better,  then Qatar .. I flew economy with them in Nov and other than the queues when leaving BKK , I couldn't really fault them ( top tip check in online before going to the airport , the queue is a lot smaller ) 

17 minutes ago, Smiler said:

I would choose Thai because it is my favourite and if I am using work vacation days for a 2 or 3 week holiday then a direct flight is worth the extra (I've no experience with EVA).

If time is not an issue and I would be spending + 1 month in Thailand then Etihad would suit me fine. They used to be my airline of choice a few years back when there were no direct flights from my local airport.

• Thumbs Up 1

qatar alll time ive just booked for 28th dec forf 4 week trip for 747 return.stop overs 2hrs tops so by time u land get off do security check quick shop in duty free ur boarding.will not use emirates ever worst airline ive been with eva flight time where ok but got to come from manchester to lhr first.thai never used and oman is a dry flight i believe

What's more important to  you - the money, the travel time, the flight timings, the quality of service or something else?

Can't comment on Thai or Eva as they only fly from Heathrow.  I've flown all the others and would chose Emirates first then Qatar for service, but is that better service worth £90 to you?

On 2/7/2020 at 7:42 PM, Smiler said:

Oman if you're not too bothered about their never ending saga of check in changes.

Reading elsewhere that their London Muscat last night flight was less than 50% full as well.  Both morning and evening departures have standard connections around 1.5 hours on average

Eva have a reputation for cancelling mid week flights for various commercial reasons.  I understand they are normally able to offer an alternative within plus or minus 24 hours.  If time is important and it was for me when I was working, then I would avoid.

On 2/7/2020 at 7:42 PM, Smiler said:

For me, I only do direct. I like to get on the plane and know the next time i'm getting off is Bangkok, so at those prices, EVA, plus I rate EVA. 

Though having just flown Thai, I think they have much improved than the last time I flew them about 8 or 9 years ago, so if the price had been similar, could very well use them depending if times suited me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Had confirmation yesterday for 3 days work in Dubai (last week in March) so I will fly to Thailand from there..

Interesting answers on this thread and like a lot of posters I favour flying direct. Last 3 times it has been with Thai and no complaints really. Apart from the wait for bags at Heathrow which I guess is not Thai's fault, oh and the stingy measures of red wine....