Incident in Korat (Threads Merged)

Smiler

8 minutes ago, bob lt said:

Dunno, "You must log in to continue."

Yeah, unfortunately you need to be logged into FB to see the posts. Bangkok Post has now posted the news, although it's not up to date as reports on FB have him holed up in T21.

12 killed as soldier opens fire in Korat

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: At least 12 people were reported killed and an unknown number injured in a shooting spree by a soldier who sprayed bullets at a commander, fellow soldiers and civilians in Muang district on Saturday.

The attacker first shot dead his commander and two others inside a military camp before fleeing in a stolen Humvee. He fired at civilians along the route to Terminal 21 shopping mall in Muang district. The attacker streamed the shootings in the mall on Facebook Live and took a selfie holding a rifle.

He was still posting text messages on Facebook at 7.10pm Saturday. An earlier post showed a picture of a hand holding a .44 Magnum with an amulet wrapped around the barrel.

Thai media reported that 12 people were killed. The number of injured people was not yet known.

Lt Gen Thanya Kriatisarn, commander of the Second Army Region, said police and soldiers were hunting the attacker, identified as Cpl Jakrapanth Thomma of Surathampithak camp.

The slain commander has been identified as Col Anantharot Krasae. A 63-year-old woman and another soldier were also killed at the camp. Other details of the attack are still emerging.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1853334/12-killed-as-soldier-opens-fire-in-korat

Edited by forcebwithu

4 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Yeah, unfortunately you need to be logged into FB to see the posts. Bangkok Post has now posted the news, although it's not up to date as reports on FB have him holed up in T21.

12 killed as soldier opens fire in Korat

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: At least 12 people were reported killed and an unknown number injured in a shooting spree by a soldier who sprayed bullets at a commander, fellow soldiers and civilians in Muang district on Saturday.

The attacker first shot dead his commander and two others inside a military camp before fleeing in a stolen Humvee. He fired at civilians along the route to Terminal 21 shopping mall in Muang district. The attacker streamed the shootings in the mall on Facebook Live and took a selfie holding a rifle.

He was still posting text messages on Facebook at 7.10pm Saturday. An earlier post showed a picture of a hand holding a .44 Magnum with an amulet wrapped around the barrel.

Thai media reported that 12 people were killed. The number of injured people was not yet known.

Lt Gen Thanya Kriatisarn, commander of the Second Army Region, said police and soldiers were hunting the attacker, identified as Cpl Jakrapanth Thomma of Surathampithak camp.

The slain commander has been identified as Col Anantharot Krasae. A 63-year-old woman and another soldier were also killed at the camp. Other details of the attack are still emerging.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1853334/12-killed-as-soldier-opens-fire-in-korat

Thank you for the details, a tragic event.

5 minutes ago, fforest said:

Well if he is still in the Hum-v he will not be hard to spot...

Can you maybe try to stop making these smart ass comments? 

I saw what you wrote before which got rightfully deleted. 

Appaling behaviour. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Esco said:

Can you maybe try to stop making these smart ass comments? 

I saw what you wrote before which got rightfully deleted. 

Appaling behaviour. 

Sir how many Hum-v are their in Thailand?......And the answer is not very many at all...So please explain why my comment is not correct....Sir

1 minute ago, fforest said:

Sir how many Hum-v are their in Thailand?......And the answer is not very many at all...So please explain why my comment is not correct....Sir

Have you even read the other posts. Last post before you jumped in was it's now a hostage situation.

30 minutes ago, roomark said:

RIP .

The very worst of social media 

Man, that is for sure!

But it seems that is becoming common place .... live streaming or recording atrocities .... I sure don't understand ..... but the fucks should get the worst possible sentence .. like a slow painful death!

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Man, that is for sure!

But it seems that is becoming common place .... live streaming or recording atrocities .... I sure don't understand ..... but the fucks should get the worst possible sentence .. like a slow painful death!

No doubt

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Man, that is for sure!

Slow and painful is an understandable sentiment, but let's keep it humane and practical please. A bullet through the head will terminate the situation and free the hostages. And one of my two arguments against capital punishment, the chance of convicting an innocent, isn't applicable during an active hostage situation.

But given his rank, shouldn't he get corporal punishment?

3 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Good, hope this is comes to an end soon. Heard the death toll is now 20....

I hope that includes the idiot, is still 19 innocents dead (assuming that commander was innocent, he may triggered that idiot in which case he got what he deserved).

1 minute ago, Freee!! said:

I hope that includes the idiot, is still 19 innocents dead (assuming that commander was innocent, he may triggered that idiot in which case he got what he deserved).

Yes, we all know with the saving face BS Thai men can be boiling but are taught to keep it inside..... until they finally blow up.

Can only imagine the drill sergeant- private type relationship would only exacerbate that

But clearly a nut job to take his issues to a crowded mall full of innocents