Incident in Korat (Threads Merged)

Smiler

1 hour ago, roobob said:

All will be well with the Shopping Centre. The owners and powers to be will bring in the head Monk along with a few hundred more and have a big cleansing ceremony to rid the complex of any ghost and declare it ghost free. All this will be televised live..... and all will be happy … and business will continue as usual. I would not be surprised if after that..... some will travel from other provinces to shop there and get the standard selfie. The place will survive for sure.

cheers 

Maybe ....

37 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea Bro ... I guess in a certain way I don't blame Beach Gal for being "consumed" .. she really is a pretty innocent gal ... it still amazes me how we ended up together ... the "bad" guy and the "good girl " -- lol .....  but, I am serious when I say that .....

Ziggy .. for sure .. doesn't need to start asking me questions about shit like that ( because I cannot give her any reasonable answer ) and she is a curious little soul ... man ... the questions I get now .. lol .. lol .. lol

Better this way for me and Ziggy .. anyway ...  that is the standard part of our day to hit the beach and get out on the sea .... I am going to miss that time we spend together when she starts school ....

shit!!!!!!!!!!! J

you will be an old fart on a walker by then :default_239_fishing: ready for the oldmans villa:default_acute:

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray

18 hours ago, Freee!! said:

First time I read the story the rank was abbreviated as Cpl, haven't seen anything else yet.

correct.  they listed him as a Corp.  but within an hour it went to S Mjr.  thats how its been left since then too.  SM is a warrant officer.  ( NCO)

It wasn't just an M16, but he also had a belt fed machine gun, an M-60.
I was wondering the same thing, how the hell did he get access to such heavy weaponry. But then I read a news report, which I can't find now, that said one of the first people he killed was the a person in charge of guarding the base armory. Whoever that guy was, he deserves a medal for giving his life to stop the carnage that followed. If only...
Thats correct, first killed on the base to get the weapons and vehicle.

Sent from my SM-J610F using Tapatalk

On 2/9/2020 at 11:35 AM, Thai Spice said:

A few questions I have :

- why does an army sergent has a gun with live ammo, in a army base in country, in peacetime ?  

- considering a sergeant weapon will be only a side arm (pistol) how did he get so easily access to M16 (?) and ammo 

- how after having shot his superior did he managed (besides getting weapon and ammo), to get a Humvee and leave the base without being stopped ?

Some serious problems in procedures and safety here IMO !

An article from Asia Times on this event :

https://www.asiatimes.com/2020/02/article/thai-mass-shooting-shows-lack-of-military-discipline/

Just read that the PM has ordered a review of the nation's armouries.

• Like 1

Just got back from holiday and wifey is on top of this......never can understand these people, have a beef with someone, take them out, then go to a mall and kill kids, families, etc who are nothing but good people in life. 

Sad day for Thailand for sure.....

• Sad 2

Lots of children dead. My son lost a classmate ........ been hearing some really sad stories last couple of days. 

Time moves on so quickly ........... Terminal 21 still closed Mrs tells me.

I'm sure Pumpuy will be alright he's like me not a shopping mall kind of guy and lives about 20 minutes away. :default_cheers:

Check in Pumps Saints are looking safe ..... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Just found out this morning that my temporary wife's (lives in Sida) nephew was shot in the leg fleeing the store he worked in at the mall. He is one of the hospitalized. Luckily it's only a flesh wound with no bone damage. All he said was that it was "mayhem" and refuses to go into any detail. (shock I suppose) 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/11/2020 at 3:20 AM, nampla69 said:

I'm sure Pumpuy will be alright he's like me not a shopping mall kind of guy and lives about 20 minutes away. 

Yep i'm fine mate, you'll only find me in there once every couple of months to buy steak in Foodland of all places !!!

Korat is in mourning, RIP to all the poor souls. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

It is surreal here in Korat at the moment, everyone obviously is in a state of shock, and feeling numb. 

The emergency services worked miracles to treat the injured, a friend of mine's step-daughter worked 32 hours, non-stop at A&E... One story,a victim who was shot in the arms,chest and cheekbone, they desperately tried to save the patient, but their efforts were in vain, to compound this, the victim was a co-worker, who was off-duty. .

This is her story.............

"Until the story goes But everything is still buried in the heart
Thank you to everyone who understands the profession. We understand doctors, nurses, elder employees. Put the whole body into taking care of some patients. 16+ + haven't sleep yet.

Thanks to all the behind the scenes like the Foundation. # Metta # Hook 31 will say that you guys are awesome. Waiting to send the injured Staying all day, all night, can't sleep and can't sleep. Ready to help everyone fully. The background is really tiring.

Also the psychiatric brothers and sisters In the field of healing of relatives and patients Like in the case of one younger person being shot in the leg Nong being shot with mother Mother Nong, who is a member of our hospital Was shot in the cheekbones, arms, chest. This case shouted in front of the ER and the patient Arrest ran together to help open the line, pumping the electrocardiogram, injecting blood, pumping blood, pumping the pulse to the best of its ability. After looking clearly at the face again, everyone was shocked when they came to know that we are a staff member of our hospital. Go to the operating room urgently In which the youngest daughter was seen mother shot You are in a state of shock, cry, scream. 'Shoot mother, why is my mother? Why do you have to shoot the mother rat '? Curse the brat with crying. The elder team helped to comfort him and take care of him until he calmed down.
At that point, he couldn't say anything much. Meaning it's the point of sadness and wanting to cry But must be humbled Pump the patient at the same time 2 cases

The brothers and sisters, professionals, who are stuck in the mall for many hours Can't come out and work together because they're shocked with the situation Meaning the mind is very depressed Must breathe light to survive Squeeze everyone's heart

The brother from SWAT is not sure what to call. But saw the written sleeve You are patient. Have to change clothes to see the wound His brother was shot in the leg, despite taking off his tight pants and being careful of the wounds. But he was patient with the pain I wish you get well soon. Everyone helped quickly. And go to every surgery room urgently
I wish you from Arintharat to disappear soon. We have helped the best.

And the case of our friends Big bike boy in black The courage of all friends is well known. Patience, friends, friends must disappear. Thank you, my friend, Arkadas Mary, 29, who helped me. The most important encouragement

The background of patient counting Count the number of deaths It doesn't count as easy as you think. The team must identify patients to whom it is. Is it really true? Where to examine the wound, how much where it hit, how many shots must support the emotions of the relatives Work is rushing but cannot be missed. So tired But we have passed it very well, have to make a death certificate, the history of the deceased, even the history of the 'coughing a brat' that just saw the name, do not want to do anything anymore And very sad, Kesai Litter found the body in the car, there was a mark being shot. Relatives came to find it because I could not contact since yesterday to ask the hospital if the patients come here. Hey ......... Black patient since seen. Relatives cried until we pacified as well.

Although it has been through the torture of many of us already But there is still a generous stream to offer rice Providing uninterrupted water From the day of the incident # classcafe came in to give coffee to all the staff. Not missing a job at all Korat brothers who will help to donate blood. Hi, come and ask how to accept the donation. Thank you very much everyone.
And today Korat brothers donate many boxes of rice, water, sweets. Tears will flow. Everyone is really cooperating together.

Thank you everyone, Korat people do not leave each other. Just want to vent the emotions that are inside for everyone to listen. Our behind the scenes"

# savekorat 🖤

Given time, I hope Korat will recover from this ordeal...

Edited by miko
  • Like 3
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It is very sad that it took 30 deaths to bring open in the public one of many Thailands shady deals by one of it's powerfull institutions (amongst several others).

Let's hope that the Thai people will not let this being brushed under the carpet. A good start is this B.P. opinion piece (read the comments ..)

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/1855434#cxrecs_s

And this one, a clear admission of guilt.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1855334/dont-blame-army

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1856109/mass-shooting-puts-army-officers-side-deals-under-scrutiny

Defence Ministry spokesman Kongcheep Tantrawanit acknowledged reports of officers profiting from sweetheart deals but said the issue was endemic in society.

"All this is an ongoing problem that not just the army but also the government faces," Lt Gen Kongcheep said.

So, he admit the facts, that it a common occurence, but "hey, everybody does it" is the excuse.....

Any comment from me will be considered Thai bashing but this shows clearly how f***d up their society is....

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting other side of the story (if confirmed ?).
Doesn't justify his act, but good to know.

You will see it is confirmed now.

His attrocious act of taking the law into his own hands and even giving his own life to the cause has one positive outcome.

It worked!!

RIP to all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain_B said:

You will see it is confirmed now.

His attrocious act of taking the law into his own hands and even giving his own life to the cause has one positive outcome.

It worked!!

RIP to all.

I agree with you except on that one point.

Basically nothing will change in the long term, short term things may be said and some people will be thrown under the bus to try and satisfy the media but it will go back to how it was sure as night follows day, too many have their snouts in the trough for it to die out and those that are left after the 'purge' will carry on as before.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Basically nothing will change in the long term, short term things may be said and some people will be thrown under the bus to try and satisfy the media but it will go back to how it was sure as night follows day, too many have their snouts in the trough for it to die out and those that are left after the 'purge' will carry on as before.

Agreed. 

The disease is way too deep and too high in the system.

1 hour ago, mrcharliemofo said:

After the cull, there will be more to be shared out amongst fewer Hi So’s. 
After this all settles down it’ll all be business as usual. TIT. 😡

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Agreed. 

The disease is way too deep and too high in the system.

16 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

After the cull, there will be more to be shared out amongst fewer Hi So’s. 
After this all settles down it’ll all be business as usual. TIT. 😡

Yes to both and isn't it laughable and sad that after the last Coup the Army promised to stop corruption !

• Like 1

No mention of ending corruption in the latest news release paying lip service to the problems plaguing Thai society...

Morality studies get thumbs up

The Education Ministry will be asked to amend the school curriculum by increasing study hours for religion and morality to reduce violent incidents plaguing society.

The proposal is being prepared by the House committee on religion, art and culture which yesterday discussed research findings which link violent behaviour with anti-social activities online.

More time learning about religion, morality and culture at school should help overcome this problem and "we've agreed that students at all levels should spend at least 80 hours a year on these subjects," committee chairman Suchat Usaha said.

I've always been of the opinion subjects such as morality, respect, and other social skills are best taught at home, and by the parents setting a good example of how one should lead their life.

• Thumbs Up 2

When I said it worked, I meant he had put an end to the two people who had personally f***d with him.

And also he raised media awareness of it going on so everybody now knows more about this scam than they did last week.

No it won,t stop it right now of course but it will make it a tad more difficult for other conmen to dupe the younger army men out of their hard earned.

The UK is also rife with shit like this. LCF (London Capital Finance) was set up to steal £260 million off 11600 investors.

If I had access to a gun, I,d shoot those cunts.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

've always been of the opinion subjects such as morality, respect, and other social skills are best taught at home, and by the parents setting a good example of how one should lead their life.

That's a part of the problem.

The "religion, culture, and nationalism" is just brainwashing.

Had an interesting chat with my son who is in UNI on this subjects and how his classmates looked at this and the answer was "interesting" to say the least but cant really be posted publicly. Let's say that the new generation seem to have a much more modern approach to all this.

6 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

When you read this article you shake your head at that speech....

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1856169/army-to-cede-schemes-to-professionals

Does nobody of them realizes what they are saying ?

The source said the army has more than 30 golf courses nationwide, but not a single one of them makes any profit.

Immaterial to what happened. 

Some Aussie Defence bases....Navy...Air Force....Army have Golf Courses also and are open also to civilians who want to play there as long as it does not effect what is going on the base. Most are run as a break even concern and if any profit is made then some of that is used for the up keep of the course and the extra profit is given to the  different Welfare  Organisations of the Defence Force.

Most bases also have swimming pools..... basketball courts.... recreational areas..... different messes for their personal depending on their rank..... etc..etc.... much the same as other country's Defence Forces.... even France.

Thailand is no different in the facilities they have for their members be it they are single or married and their families.... so trying to tie that to this tragic case is a bit beneath you... especially when you say you are an ex defence member of your country and would have some knowledge of this.

cheers 

4 hours ago, roobob said:

Immaterial to what happened. 

Some Aussie Defence bases....Navy...Air Force....Army have Golf Courses also and are open also to civilians who want to play there as long as it does not effect what is going on the base. Most are run as a break even concern and if any profit is made then some of that is used for the up keep of the course and the extra profit is given to the  different Welfare  Organisations of the Defence Force.

Most bases also have swimming pools..... basketball courts.... recreational areas..... different messes for their personal depending on their rank..... etc..etc.... much the same as other country's Defence Forces.... even France.

Thailand is no different in the facilities they have for their members be it they are single or married and their families.... so trying to tie that to this tragic case is a bit beneath you... especially when you say you are an ex defence member of your country and would have some knowledge of this.

cheers 

Golf courses Army owned ? None of this exist in France. Not sure about UK ?

Secondly , and AGAIN, why you dont understand this is from a Thai newspaper, a speach by a THAI senior military, comments on the article by expats living in Thailand, and I am just the guy who post it on here.

FFS, you're of old age etc ....but please think before posting this kind of irrelevant rubbish.