Incident in Korat (Threads Merged)

Smiler

4 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Can only imagine the drill sergeant- private type relationship would only exacerbate that

In this case the respective ranks are/were colonel and corporal, wouldn't have happened with a drill sergeant and a recruit.

I was just on Twitter. I hope some of it is fake news, because I’m reading some crazy stuff about explosives and hostages. Seeing CCTV of him walking around, didn’t look like he was carrying much of an arsenal. 
Anyway, hope these special force guys put an end to this ASAP to avoid further loss of life. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just come on the BBC 40 minutes ago with a picture of the 21 Mall, people running out etc and a picture of the shooter. 
This mass shooting type situation I’d expect in America, but didn’t expect to see it happen in Thailand. 
Hope for everyone’s sake they get him soon. 

Theres always more to a story. He was diddled out of 400,000bt over a house purchase from his boss, thats why he shot him and the motherinlaw. He lost the money and never got the house. He tried to get his money back through the more usual channels but his boss was too powerful and no one could or would help him. He wasn,t from a rich family so this was a life changing loss to him. He would have known he was to die himself so was probably making a message for worldwide mefia attention hence the Facebook posts. RIP for all the poor innocent folk who lost their lives and commiserations to their families but this incident in my opinion is down to Thailands corrupt society and the misuse of power that the current government are supposed to be stamping out.

Sent from my SM-J610F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

"..so this was a life changing loss to him"

And a life ending loss for the innocent victims. The blame lies solely on the shooter IMO. Candy coating it as he was screwed over by the government justifed his actions? I am not buying it.

Yeah, shoot the motherfucker responsible, and end it there.  No excuse for shooting up a mall other than being a c**t.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

23 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

And a life ending loss for the innocent victims. The blame lies solely on the shooter IMO. Candy coating it as he was screwed over by the government justifed his actions? I am not buying it.

Well if the shooter had stopped after taking out the people that had screwed him over then the rampage would have made more sense....I not sure what going to the mall and shooting more was supposed to accomplish? 

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well if the shooter had stopped after taking out the people that had screwed him over then the rampage would have made more sense....I not sure what going to the mall and shooting more was supposed to accomplish? 
I agree ,of course but then we probably wouldn,t even have had a thread on here about it.
I believe if he had just shot his boss it would have been forgotten today. He wanted the world to know why. Thats what he achieved by killing all the others.
I,m not condoning it. I just believe he wasn,t crazy.
What would we think if we had lost everything and the police didn,t want to know, and we were trained army killers.
He,s dead as well now of course but its a sad day for thousands of innocent people today.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

He was screwed over by his superior not the government. He just didn,t get help or support from them and and so retaliated in a most diabolical way. Indeed as I said RIP to the innocent and there but for the grace of god go I.

• Great Info 1

Yeah, shoot the motherfucker responsible, and end it there.  No excuse for shooting up a mall other than being a c**t.
Yes, he has now been shot, as was expected, but he got his message out first.

I don,t suppose it will stop corruption anymore than school shootings in America ban guns, but there you are. Pity his mother in the aftermath.

1 hour ago, Captain_B said:

Theres always more to a story. He was diddled out of 400,000bt over a house purchase from his boss, thats why he shot him and the motherinlaw. He lost the money and never got the house. He tried to get his money back through the more usual channels but his boss was too powerful and no one could or would help him. He wasn,t from a rich family so this was a life changing loss to him. He would have known he was to die himself so was probably making a message for worldwide mefia attention hence the Facebook posts. RIP for all the poor innocent folk who lost their lives and commiserations to their families but this incident in my opinion is down to Thailands corrupt society and the misuse of power that the current government are supposed to be stamping out.

Interesting other side of the story (if confirmed ?).

Doesn't justify his act, but good to know.