Incident in Korat (Threads Merged)

Smiler

My GF who's nephew was shot in the leg by the fella that some people can apparently "relate to" on this thread has been at the hospital all week. 

This young boy was shot in the arm and his mother was killed right in front of him at Terminal 21. My GF was asking him why he was crying when she found out he lives in Sida near her and lost his Mom. 

Can anybody relate to this fella?

boy.jpg

Or how about this guy who was shot in the head and is clinging to life after the nut job who "raised media awareness" by killing innocent people that had nothing to do with his land dispute.

Can anyone relate to this fella? 

man.jpg

Spin it anyway you want, but this shooter was a sociopath who was pathologically prone to violent behavior and  lacked any regard for the feelings or interests of others and any feelings of remorse or guilt for his crime.  He acted just like any other shooter that you read about so often taking places in schools, malls, concerts, etc. in the world. 

The End

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 3

@Steelers4Life,

Nobody here is condoning what the guy did, but as in every drama, accident , one has to try to understand the reasons. "How did we got to this situation ?"   What can be done to prevent it, etc....

Same as in the US the question should be "how come we have such a high number of people mentally highly unstable who go a rampage ?"  What is the societal problem behind it ?   

In the Korat case the combination of the guy going crazy AND being a military with easy access to heavy weapons lead to this dramatic result. But still there is a societal problem behind it.

Why has Thailand such a high violent crime rate, a gun death rate on par with the US, when everybody says they are such a nice and gentle people ?

Why is it so easy and common to hire a gunman and he will be a military or police ? 

Those are the questions.

https://amp.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/1848501/bullet-and-body-thailands-troubling-gun-murders-are-par

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Golf courses Army owned ? None of this exist in France. Not sure about UK ?

Secondly , and AGAIN, why you dont understand this is from a Thai newspaper, a speach by a THAI senior military, comments on the article by expats living in Thailand, and I am just the guy who post it on here.

FFS, you're of old age etc ....but please think before posting this kind of irrelevant rubbish.

The Golf Courses are  on Defence Establishments.... that means the reality is that the Govt owns them. 

As said... bases have other things like swimming pools...gymnasiums.... football ovals..etc..etc..... are you saying that France does not have any of those facilities for their personal like other countries on their military bases??. The ownership of golf courses is immaterial to what occurred here..... the young fellow got done over by his CO and a relative.....but only he will know in his mind why he decided to carry on and harm innocent civilians. 

I read the article  .... yes he is saying there is corruption in the Army here ….. not the only country that is occurring..... and needs to be addressed which at least it was owned up to.... now there is a first for here.... the highest ranking army officer publicly saying it occurs and needs to be addressed. Just a shame it took an incident like this to make it happen.

As with the comments by expats... well some expats as that publication does get comments from people in other countries...… what is new...… there is many whose only enjoyment it seems is to continually give negative comments towards anything that relates to Thailand. I agree that a place cannot be the be all end all ...…there is good and bad in most places...…  but some of those who comment on articles … their lives are absorbed of continually being negative about the place they chose to live at or lived previously......I am sure you can relate to that quite well.

On your last sentence.... your retired now..... sit back and relax.... no need to get your knickers in a knot over people who see things different to yourself..... it is a waste of time.... and really the others do not care.

cheers

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Steelers4Life

I understand your anger at the perpetrator here. I can see your sympathy to the victims, especially as your girlfriend is connected..

It's awful , l agree.

But sympathizing won,t stop it happening again.

Let the story live on to help stamp out the wrongdoers.

Merely saying TIT and accepting it as such is not good enough,

Nor is labelling the perpetrator as a psychopath,. That is the easy way out, kill him and job done.

The army have publicly acknowledged that there is this problem in their organization. They have stated they will act to stop it.

Now we should monitor those actions and hope that something positive comes out of this whole mess.

Support and condolences are needed for the innocent. Its all that can be done for them now, but there are many good people in Thailand who will rally round to help.

Korat will survive, like New York, Manchester, London Paris and so many other cities
that have suffered terrorist attacks.

My best wishes to you and all.

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2