Visitor Numbers in Pattaya - Up - down - no change?

john luke

6 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

@Painter What was the " yellow ribbon" around the tree for? Was Tony Orlando and Dawn in town for a concert? 

You know their song " Tie a yellow ribbon..round the old oak tree"?  

Sorry....feeling a bit "snarky" this morning LOL! 

Lol!

The yellow ribbon is actually a truck strap, that was being used to stop the kerbside trees falling over when the pavement was dug away from underneath it! The majority of the trees landslide were tied to the waterside trees...

6 hours ago, Painter said:

Lol!

The yellow ribbon is actually a truck strap, that was being used to stop the kerbside trees falling over when the pavement was dug away from underneath it! The majority of the trees landslide were tied to the waterside trees...

Only in Pattaya huh? 

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Only in Pattaya huh? 

They learned from experience. Early on in the project their construction practises were pretty amateurish. Simple things like shoring up the side of trenches when digging into sandy soil never occurred to them. Result was collapsed walls and the curbside trees falling over.

49551315016_c3dacee75c_b.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Painter said:

Spoke with a mate tonight who lives at one of the large LK places the far side of 3rd road. 400room hotel, together with a residents wing.

Hotel relies on tour busses.  

Guess what?

No-one. Not a single room in the hotel occupied....

Good, now I'll be able to use the pool again.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just spoke to receptionist whom I'm great friends with at the Sabai Group and they're laying off staff and shes well senior as well.....holiday with no pay. Absolutely savage  because we're starting to see the period where the non bookers would normally have been in resort but instead are holding off. Stand on me I wouldnt book now either.

Other night think it was Sunday just seven rooms occupied

Edited by RR007
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, misteregg said:

Just had a couple of really shitty days. Walking is deserted but LK seems busy.
Plenty of fun for everyone still.

Sorry to hear that mate. We could be entering the curve of a huge increase in cases in Europe which may impact visitor numbers even more. Fingers crossed for you and the other decent blokes running bars. To the shitbags that con people with watered down drinks and padded bins, I hope the Coronavirus sinks them faster than the Titanic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry to hear that mate. We could be entering the curve of a huge increase in cases in Europe which may impact visitor numbers even more. Fingers crossed for you and the other decent blokes running bars. To the shitbags that con people with watered down drinks and padded bins, I hope the Coronavirus sinks them faster than the Titanic.

It’s the girls I feel sorry for. I’ll survive.

59 minutes ago, misteregg said:

It’s the girls I feel sorry for. I’ll survive.

They'll survive as well. They have survived the first Iraq war, the 97 crisis, etc...

When my company after the 97 crisis decided to close our Thai branch I had to lay off nearly all my workshop staff.  Some I manage to find work at other companies, but not easy as everyone in construction was shutting down or at least reducing staff.

Not funny, but somebody had to do it. Next step was me (and family) on the plane home. It's life.

Same happened at our  HKG branch at that time, roughly half of the staff laid off and the other half a 30% pay cut.

HKG looking bad again at the moment. Mainlandisation in full swing. 

Here in Bali lay offs and pay cuts have started as well. 

Edit : Life goes in cycles.

When everything is booming, its a nightmare to keep staff. They hop to the competitor for a few $ more without any remorse or thought of fidelity. Why should the employer have remorses when the wheel turns ?

I had nearly to beg transport companies to take my stuff during the boom. Next they all over borrowed to buy equipment. Next the crash came and they were all crying for me to give them my equipment to move, even a prices they lost money on ....

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Like 2