If you want a Chevy (in Thailand), get it now.

fygjam

The Holden brand will disappear at the end of the year after its owner General Motors (GM) announced it would no longer make cars suitable for Australian roads.

Exiting the Australian market and other right hand drive markets such as Thailand is expected to cost the company “north of $US1 billion” ($A1.5 billion).

GM announced on Monday it would stop producing vehicles for right-hand-drive markets.

He wouldn’t comment on whether the company had explored selling the brand, but it was revealed the Thailand factory that made the Colorado ute has been sold to Chinese manufacturer Great Wall Motors.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/holden-brand-to-disappear-by-the-end-of-2020/news-story/c81a5e2993f664fc62965ad349601d0e

15 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

Football,meat pies,Kangaroos and Holden cars.

To be fair,the Southern hemisphere stuff is shite,so GM folding up,is probably not a bad thing.

And you aint seen the living specimen we have here in Bali....😁😁😁

Although I do understand it's a "special selection" !

Dont jump on me @grayray plse !

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

And you aint seen the living specimen we have here in Bali....😁😁😁

Although I do understand it's a "special selection" !

Dont jump on me @grayray plse !

As you, in other threads, like to tell other posters to keep to the topic. This thread is about GM ceasing production of right hand drive vehicles. Perhaps you might care to take your own advice!

PS. It was bad enough when Holden ceased local production and started rebadging German Opels. But when the French PSA Groupe purchased Opel the wheels really fell off!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, fygjam said:

As you, in other threads, like to tell other posters to keep to the topic. This thread is about GM ceasing production of right hand drive vehicles. Perhaps you might care to take your own advice!

PS. It was bad enough when Holden ceased local production and started rebadging German Opels. But when the French PSA Groupe purchased Opel the wheels really fell off!

Had a white Torana with a 4 cylinder Opel in it.

Fucking shite.

Not sure what GM is playing at,maybe gunning all that stuff down there,to retool and try to take back US market share?

36 minutes ago, fygjam said:

26 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

Had a white Torana with a 4 cylinder Opel in it.

Fucking shite.

Not sure what GM is playing at,maybe gunning all that stuff down there,to retool and try to take back US market share?

Check your history. Opel was / is in fact a German brand. Even owned by GM since 29, and by PSA since 2107 its deisgn and technical dept have always been in Germany.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel

"Opel is headquartered in Rüsselsheim am Main, Hesse, Germany. The company designs, engineers, manufactures and distributes Opel-branded passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and vehicle parts and together with its British sister brand Vauxhall they are present in over 60 countries around the world.[8]"

Rebadged overseas under various names, amongst which Holden.

They used to have a decent reputation  in Europe. 

I owned an Opel Kadett in the 70's . A good little tank made of real steel.

What happens to GM ? I guess reconcentrating on the US market ? And abandonning right hand drive markets who offer a limited future.

Ford isn't doing very well neither BTW . 

We had a Chevrolet Captiva for a few years. Worst car I’ve ever had. A few months from new it developed electrical problems, service centre were hopeless, it was in their garage at least 5 times trying to repair it, one time they had it for nearly 1 month and did 500km in it (testing apparently !). The staff were really p@553d off with us and quite rude.
Then a new kid started school with my son, got talking to his dad and found out he was new GM for Chevrolet Thailand. Told him the story, 2 days later we got a call from Chevrolet garage asking us to bring the car in, this time the staff were rolling around the floor wai-ing us and telling us we were special customers so wanted to help us. They gave us a new courtesy car and kept ours for nearly 6 weeks, replaced full wiring loom and a load of sensors, was ok after that. Was funny seeing the staff crap themselves every time we went back for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, tommy dee said:

value of chevrolet, used and new here  just went to nada as of this announcement.  dealers will be scrambling for a new franchise and trust me the cchevys now are worth a pint and two pies

What kind of pies as I could well be tempted.

Had it 6 1/2 years if I get another 6 1/2 years out of it then then I'll be happy. Hopefully parts for a general service will still be easily available.

Screenshot_20200218-182747_Photos.jpg

7 hours ago, Murchie said:

What kind of pies as I could well be tempted.

Had it 6 1/2 years if I get another 6 1/2 years out of it then then I'll be happy. Hopefully parts for a general service will still be easily available.

Screenshot_20200218-182747_Photos.jpg

i always thou8ght they were good vehicles too, nice looking..   and yours is in good nick, just keep it and run it till it dies.

• Thumbs Up 1