Airports Thailand

Ma Noi

Hi All.....

Thinking about flying to Thailand for a holiday wanting to visit some different cities but want to fly from place to place....

Not wanting to take buses or road trips imparticular to get from place to place.. sooooo….

Was wondering which of the cities of Thailand have airports? 

The 29 biggest airports in Thailand

IATA Name City Airlines Destinations
BKK Suvarnabhumi Airport Bangkok 98 121
HKT Phuket International Airport Phuket 42 32
CNX Chiang Mai International Airport Chiang Mai 32 26
KBV Krabi Airport Krabi 13 6
CEI Chiang Rai International Airport Chiang Rai 11 3
USM Samui Airport Na Thon (Ko Samui Island) 8 10
DMK Don Mueang International Airport Bangkok 7 48
HDY Hat Yai International Airport Hat Yai 5 5
URT Surat Thani Airport Surat Thani 4 3
UTH Udon Thani Airport Udon Thani 4 4
PHS Phitsanulok Airport   3 2
UBP Ubon Ratchathani Airport Ubon Ratchathani 3 2
NNT Nan Airport   2 2
TST Trang Airport   2 1
KKC Khon Kaen Airport Khon Kaen 2 2
KOP Nakhon Phanom Airport   2 1
NST Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport Nakhon Si Thammarat 2 1
TDX Trat Airport   1 1
UTP U-Tapao International Airport Rayong 1 2
HGN Mae Hong Son Airport   1 1
LPT Lampang Airport   1 1
MAQ Mae Sot Airport   1 1
THS Sukhothai Airport   1 1
NAW Narathiwat Airport   1 1
UNN Ranong Airport   1 1
SNO Sakon Nakhon Airport   1 1
LOE Loei Airport   1 1
BFV Buri Ram Airport   1 1
ROI Roi Et Airport
  • Great Info 2

3 hours ago, Aqualung said:

The 29 biggest airports in Thailand

IATA Name City Airlines Destinations
BKK Suvarnabhumi Airport Bangkok 98 121
HKT Phuket International Airport Phuket 42 32
CNX Chiang Mai International Airport Chiang Mai 32 26
KBV Krabi Airport Krabi 13 6
CEI Chiang Rai International Airport Chiang Rai 11 3
USM Samui Airport Na Thon (Ko Samui Island) 8 10
DMK Don Mueang International Airport Bangkok 7 48
HDY Hat Yai International Airport Hat Yai 5 5
URT Surat Thani Airport Surat Thani 4 3
UTH Udon Thani Airport Udon Thani 4 4
PHS Phitsanulok Airport   3 2
UBP Ubon Ratchathani Airport Ubon Ratchathani 3 2
NNT Nan Airport   2 2
TST Trang Airport   2 1
KKC Khon Kaen Airport Khon Kaen 2 2
KOP Nakhon Phanom Airport   2 1
NST Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport Nakhon Si Thammarat 2 1
TDX Trat Airport   1 1
UTP U-Tapao International Airport Rayong 1 2
HGN Mae Hong Son Airport   1 1
LPT Lampang Airport   1 1
MAQ Mae Sot Airport   1 1
THS Sukhothai Airport   1 1
NAW Narathiwat Airport   1 1
UNN Ranong Airport   1 1
SNO Sakon Nakhon Airport   1 1
LOE Loei Airport   1 1
BFV Buri Ram Airport   1 1
ROI Roi Et Airport

If he comes back with a question after that.....f**k me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

If he comes back with a question after that.....f**k me.

Err, isn't that a function of forums?

But waiting with bated breath for "how much is the baht bus".

Edited by fygjam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A little side note .. if you are planning on going to Phuket ..... fly into Hat Yai instead of Phuket ...

It is about the same time getting into Phuket town from Hat Yai -- driving about 1 hour --- and if you get stuck leaving Phuket airport at the toll booth then it takes longer than 1 hour

You can regularly get round trip flights to Hat Yai from BKK for less than 1K baht -- sometimes right around 600 baht

Hat Yai is a very small and efficient airport ... if I don't drive to BKK when I leave home in the South then I always fly from Hat Yai to BKK and then back again .... then a 1 hour drive drive home which  is close to Pak Bara ...

Hat Yai to Phuket town is right around 1 hour .. sometimes less - sometimes just a tad more .. for a little more than 100 baht in a mini van

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Also ... if you get a chance go to Koi Lipe ( recommended for sure ) ... I am there all the time with Ziggy ( my young daughter ) and it is a great little island and there is also a Walking Street ( lol ) ...

So you fly into Hat Yai airport ... so much less hassle than Phuket Intl .... then take a mini van to Park Bara .. just a tad more than 100 baht ...

There is a sea port ( very, very small ) but some pretty big boats there .... and you then take a boat for around 300 baht to Koi Lipe ... a little more than 1 hour

But stay in a hotel on the north side of the island .. much more private with pristine beaches ..... you need to take company with you because the P4P ( like Pattaya or BKK ) does not exist ...

a beautiful place ..............

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNR44yWeW7HokuNKNoYD6FvBgVYFkw:1582113901094&q=pictures+of+Koh+Lipe&tbm=isch&source=univ&client=firefox-b-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjbpsbIyd3nAhXwwjgGHZfHCQUQsAR6BAgKEAE&biw=1920&bih=916

If you want then you can take a day trip from Koi Lipe on a boat to Langkawi island ( this is Malaysia ) .. don't worry about a Visa or any of that shit ( I am serious ) ... some great little restaurants and small hotels there .... there are so many boat trips daily from Koi Lipe and if it is an off the grid spot you are thinking then just rent a long tail ( very easy to do )

You cannot go wrong where ever you go to ...  in the South on the Adaman sea side of Thailand ... the sea and beaches are beautiful down in this area

I am a sea / beach type of guy .. that is why I live down here .... plus, this is where Beach gal grew up ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Also ... if you get a chance go to Koi Lipe ( recommended for sure ) ... I am there all the time with Ziggy ( my young daughter ) and it is a great little island and there is also a Walking Street ( lol ) ...

So you fly into Hat Yai airport ... so much less hassle than Phuket Intl .... then take a mini van to Park Bara .. just a tad more than 100 baht ...

There is a sea port ( very, very small ) but some pretty big boats there .... and you then take a boat for around 300 baht to Koi Lipe ... a little more than 1 hour

But stay in a hotel on the north side of the island .. much more private with pristine beaches ..... you need to take company with you because the P4P ( like Pattaya or BKK ) does not exist ...

a beautiful place ..............

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNR44yWeW7HokuNKNoYD6FvBgVYFkw:1582113901094&q=pictures+of+Koh+Lipe&tbm=isch&source=univ&client=firefox-b-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjbpsbIyd3nAhXwwjgGHZfHCQUQsAR6BAgKEAE&biw=1920&bih=916

If you want then you can take a day trip from Koi Lipe on a boat to Langkawi island ( this is Malaysia ) .. don't worry about a Visa or any of that shit ( I am serious ) ... some great little restaurants and small hotels there .... there are so many boat trips daily from Koi Lipe and if it is an off the grid spot you are thinking then just rent a long tail ( very easy to do )

You cannot go wrong where ever you go to ...  in the South on the Adaman sea side of Thailand ... the sea and beaches are beautiful down in this area

I am a sea / beach type of guy .. that is why I live down here .... plus, this is where Beach gal grew up ...

Good Scuba diving round there @code_slayer_bkk?

5 hours ago, Krapow said:

Bro ... I honestly don't know ... but, I will find out for you and send another message ... give me a week or so ... I will ask around ....

I always see Thai's snorkeling in and around certain little islands ... and I have snorkeled a lot also ... 

I do see some dive boats now and then when I am out on the sea ...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

A little side note .. if you are planning on going to Phuket ..... fly into Hat Yai instead of Phuket ...

It is about the same time getting into Phuket town from Hat Yai -- driving about 1 hour --- and if you get stuck leaving Phuket airport at the toll booth then it takes longer than 1 hour

You can regularly get round trip flights to Hat Yai from BKK for less than 1K baht -- sometimes right around 600 baht

Hat Yai is a very small and efficient airport ... if I don't drive to BKK when I leave home in the South then I always fly from Hat Yai to BKK and then back again .... then a 1 hour drive drive home which  is close to Pak Bara ...

Hat Yai to Phuket town is right around 1 hour .. sometimes less - sometimes just a tad more .. for a little more than 100 baht in a mini van

What were you driving? It's approximately 430 kilometers between Hat Yai and Phuket.
Did you mean Krabi?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Krapow said:

Hiya mate that sounds like a wicked trip to try out,, Il deffo give that a try at some point in the near future, Il send you a message when im there and see if you over that way..

May be we could meet up? 

Cheers pal Take care for now...

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Still doesn't make much sense Phuket Town is only about 40 mins away from the Airport , Patong about 45 mins to 1 hour depending on traffic 

Unless you get stopped at the toll booth ... a couple of times I have sat and waited there for over an hour .. thai coppers searching vehicles ...