Angeles City 1st time trip report....

RR007

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 12:30 PM, forcebwithu said:

I seem to recall bottle beer is treated as a double LD. You have to specify a single LD when ordering, and then they only get a glass of something that passes as a drink.

a lot different from the 80s when BGs LDs was mainly orangeaid or some other form of makeup water drink.

met a old asia hand on first PI trip back in 1980 who told me "mate don't give Asians alcohol"

sends them  batty was his words.i did not buy grog for many years,

there was a lot of dope around in the i980s,around bars in both Manila and AC.

seen some bad blues amoungst the BGs full of grog or yaa baa,causes some bad fighting over stealing punters or some other insult,PIs was not as savage as the thai BGs.

in Manila seen male door staff using wooden trugeons slap the girls up the side of the head quick smart when the shit hit the fan.

f**k how come iam starting to remember all this shit,when I can't find me glasses and they are sitting on top of me head :default_1087:

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, grayray said:

a lot different from the 80s when BGs LDs was mainly orangeaid or some other form of makeup water drink.

met a old asia hand on first PI trip back in 1980 who told me "mate don't give Asians alcohol"

sends them  batty was his words.i did not buy grog for many years,

there was a lot of dope around in the i980s,around bars in both Manila and AC.

seen some bad blues amoungst the BGs full of grog or yaa baa,causes some bad fighting over stealing punters or some other insult,PIs was not as savage as the thai BGs.

in Manila seen male door staff using wooden trugeons slap the girls up the side of the head quick smart when the shit hit the fan.

f**k how come iam sterting to remember all this shit,when I can't find me glasses and they are sitting on top of me head :default_1087:

regards

grayray

I can't find me glasses and they are sitting on top of me head. I've been there my friend but I can better that I panic about where my phone is when I'm talking to somebody on it happened a couple times old age

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, RR007 said:

Although I'd heard of this Double LD thing absolutely didnt come across it to my knowledge.

As regards Air Asia I've shrunk slightly lol I was over 6 foot 3 but around 6 foot 2 now. I'm around 107kg as well....Wasnt the width of seat but purely the pitch that was the issue

Pacific Breeze has an ATM inside foyer I should have added. Didnt use it personally

Used the ATM at PB regularly, worked a treat each time although I did let my bank know I was in Asia (China and Philippines)

Double LDs are a bit of a pain if being hit up for them but this trip (late December) I was asked on every occasion if it was OK for a DLD and where I wanted too I said OK. Mostly when entertaining a new lady off the stage or waitress I tended to tell them I would buy them a single LD but maybe later would buy a DLD if they held my attention, usually that meant just buying the SLD before I moved on. My experience is that buying SLD has never been a problem to the girl, a lot of guys seem embarrassed to deny them a DLD though and more fool them.

I am aware from some forums that some of the lower Fields bar only have DLD but those bars were mainly the Korean owned bars that I tended to keep away from. The bars from Shooters up towards check point were still offering SLD as well as DLD so I never bought DLD unless I agreed in advance which I did in Insomnia bar on a few occasions as I was comfortable there.

We still hold the gold and right now it is not busy in the bars from what I have recently been told. I was thinking of going in April and going via Hong Kong would be my normal route but that together with travel from China and Macau has been restricted so I would need to go a different way. I am sure that many Koreans are not traveling so Angeles may be a good destination for those who can get there.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RR007 said:

Although I'd heard of this Double LD thing absolutely didnt come across it to my knowledge.

As regards Air Asia I've shrunk slightly lol I was over 6 foot 3 but around 6 foot 2 now. I'm around 107kg as well....Wasnt the width of seat but purely the pitch that was the issue

Pacific Breeze has an ATM inside foyer I should have added. Didnt use it personally

Talking of an ATM,  PB used to give a 10% discount for cash payment. Did you get this?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I can't find me glasses and they are sitting on top of me head. I've been there my friend but I can better that I panic about where my phone is when I'm talking to somebody on it happened a couple times old age

Larry,

tell you whats worse, cant find your glasses and they on your nose.or having to knock back a 25yrold Thai uni student because ya dick decides to stay asleep,could of rang its neck-------the bastard.

regards

grayray

• Like 1

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

Talking of an ATM,  PB used to give a 10% discount for cash payment. Did you get this?

Settled via Halifax Clarity card so wasn't aware to be honest. Again like the DLD next time we'll know and also ask about any cash discounts.....thanks for that

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Oh man that's no good! 

"THATS NO GOO,

shit Larry it's a bloody disaster.

she charges me 300aud allnighter,in her words "she is now a pro" gave me a big discount,

because I had already DATYwe have been seeing each other for 4years,when I first met her she stayed over for a feed and taxi fare home in the morning.she then wnet pro doing doubles with her Thai mate,reckon they only do 3/4 punters a week.

they both go to the Uni not far from where I live.

regards

grayray

• Like 3

Outstanding narratives, well done. Sadly, never made it to AC, but back in 1992 on a business trip to Manila, the locals took me to Makati. Some great looking girls there, but even though I was surrounded by Philipino co-workers, I never felt safe there, unlike Thailand. Seems to me I was getting the "stink eye" from a lot of the local guys. Maybe I was over reacting. 

They took me to "Baguio City" up in the mountains one week-end. That was nice. Nice people the Philippines.

Great report.....

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great TR @RR007.

I stayed at the Pacific Breeze. The rooms were a bit dated but they were clean, the aircon worked, and it was in a good location.

What is it with the girls dancing to the videos on the TV. The first time I seen it I laughed my dick off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

The rooms were a bit dated but they were clean,

I agree I posted a review on Trip Advisor regarding the failing quality of the rooms and Guy the owner replied to my complaints and offered excuses for each as well not denying but agreeing with all but 1 of them. I as others have guessed that money was going into their new hotel in Subic which had something to do with the lack of upkeep in the Pacific Breeze 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I agree I posted a review on Trip Advisor regarding the failing quality of the rooms and Guy the owner replied to my complaints and offered excuses for each as well not denying but agreeing with all but 1 of them. I as others have guessed that money was going into their new hotel in Subic which had something to do with the lack of upkeep in the Pacific Breeze 

I spent the majority of my employed working life living out of hotels and stayed in many hotels far worse than the Pacific Breeze.

Many hotels are much of a muchness and to me the way I was looked after by the staff in a hotel quite often dictated whether I ever went back. I always found that the Pacific Breeze scored very highly in that department both at Reception and in the bar/restaurant areas.

Shame if it past its sell by date.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

8 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Great TR @RR007.

I stayed at the Pacific Breeze. The rooms were a bit dated but they were clean, the aircon worked, and it was in a good location.

What is it with the girls dancing to the videos on the TV. The first time I seen it I laughed my dick off.

In a way its kinda sweet. The Girls are so so different from their Thai cousins its just nice to watch. The overall general shyness is lovely just reminds me of Pattaya 30 years ago

• Like 1

I'd forgotten the thread in the main but just reading it again I would say the only very minor mistake we made was the double ladydrinks when in the Girls "home" Bar. That and I'd "probably" try Scorebirds hotel next time about 50 metres from Pacific Breeze.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RR007 said:

In a way its kinda sweet. The Girls are so so different from their Thai cousins its just nice to watch. The overall general shyness is lovely just reminds me of Pattaya 30 years ago

I found them to be much nicer in Cambodia as well. Too much money and too many girls blowing smoke up their arses in Pattaya has inflated their ego. When the girls are earning more than most of the punters you know something is wrong.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I've found on my travels throughout Asia that they aren't very good at maintaining their hotels. I recently stayed in the Amari at Don Muang airport. The rooms probably haven't changed since the 90's, the aircon was weak, and it just felt dated. Not cheap either, and meant to be a four star hotel.

I must be used to poor quality rooms as I found the Pacific Breeze in late December 2019 fine, never remember thinking anything was unusual and it had been 2 years since I had been there. I did stay in the main building though and I know some will complain about the annex rooms which I wouldn't stay in.

Prices reasonable compared to others, actual price had hardly changed in about 5 years but agree when comparing prices to Thailand and similar quality the Philippines is more expensive for what you get.

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I must be used to poor quality rooms as I found the Pacific Breeze in late December 2019 fine, never remember thinking anything was unusual and it had been 2 years since I had been there. I did stay in the main building though and I know some will complain about the annex rooms which I wouldn't stay in.

Prices reasonable compared to others, actual price had hardly changed in about 5 years but agree when comparing prices to Thailand and similar quality the Philippines is more expensive for what you get.

I have yet to visit a country where the hotels are as good vfm as Thailand. Poland came close but still not as good as Thailand.

A decent hotel in the U.S is £150+ per night in most cities.

11 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I found them to be much nicer in Cambodia as well. Too much money and too many girls blowing smoke up their arses in Pattaya has inflated their ego. When the girls are earning more than most of the punters you know something is wrong.

I was in Cambodia last month and concur with this.

Apart from finding them extremely attractive, they came across as very sweet too!

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

I was in Cambodia last month and concur with this.

Apart from finding them extremely attractive, they came across as very sweet too!

Tan skin, brown eyes, long dark hair. Lovely looking girls.

They are much more friendly in cambodia, they are certainly much more appreciative and grateful.

I guess they haven't been ruined by guys buying them houses, cars, bikes, gold and sending them thousands of baht every month. 

• Like 1