Members Levels

Lanzalad

When you sign up to the forum your status is "NEWBE" This shows all other members that you are new to the forum and you haven't posted on the forum as yet.

As a newbie you will only see three categories of the forum which are "General", "Support and Help", "Say hello" but you will only be able to post into the "Say Hello" section.

Ones a "NEWBIE" has posted into the hello section the status will change to "MEMBER" and you will be able to post into the "General" section of the forum.

A"MEMBER" will also be able to see the advanced section of the forum but will not be able to post into this section.

Once you have made 10 posted in General section of the forum then the status will change to "ADVANCED" 

The top of the forum which is closed to all is the VIP section which is by invitation ONLY.

Members in VIP can request ADVANCED members to be bumped up to VIP.

What makes a VIP member..?

Contributes good content to the forum and a high reputation from the member.

• 1 year later...

I've just noticed what appear to be a lot of sub levels in Members(?) and Advanced Levels that look at first glance to be post count related.  Is this something new, and even if it's not, what is the significance of it?

7 hours ago, KWA said:

I've just noticed what appear to be a lot of sub levels in Members(?) and Advanced Levels that look at first glance to be post count related.  Is this something new, and even if it's not, what is the significance of it?

I think sub level is # of posts, ie 500 posts= Advanced Level 5. 

I am on an IPad, what does the green dot above an avatar mean, in a thread?

On the old Secrets forum many would dwell on the post count of the members when IMO the post count should not even be kept but rather the date of joining then one can see if a guy has been around awhile with a good amount of likes then he may be one others would want to follow. Post counts IMO do not mean Squat.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

On the old Secrets forum many would dwell on the post count of the members when IMO the post count should not even be kept but rather the date of joining then one can see if a guy has been around awhile with a good amount of likes then he may be one others would want to follow. Post counts IMO do not mean Squat.

Yo ...... 

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Do you remember when Ben first changed the server without any advance warning and lost many posts for ever and much more importantly (IMHO) lost many, many photographs including all my original early trip photo's stored on mongers media?

All some guys bitched about was the reduction in their total post count.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jambo said:

Do you remember when Ben first changed the server without any advance warning and lost many posts for ever and much more importantly (IMHO) lost many, many photographs including all my original early trip photo's stored on mongers media?

All some guys bitched about was the reduction in their total post count.

Yes that was funny few cared about the lost photos. But many whined about lost post count

• Haha 2

I "drop in" to browse this forum a couple of times most days, having been invited to join at the on-set, and being given honorary VIP status, presumably because of my contributions to the Secrets forum.

If I was to be judged by my post count, I'd probably be ousted. I was brought up with the philosophy of "If you've got nothing sensible to say, say nothing ", which I still adhere to today.

There are ( in my opinion ) many BM's here posting utter tripe ( as is there right ), which pisses me off; but I'm prepared to sift through all of that to find the nuggets of information that are interesting, useful, funny etc. I don't particularly want to piss-off other BM's, so I don't "post" for the sake of it, but "contribute" when / where I think I can - which is what I believe the Forum should be about.

I sincerely hope that all B.M.s and their loved ones survive the current crisis. Please, take care,

Proffesor

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

I think sub level is # of posts, ie 500 posts= Advanced Level 5. 

That's what it looks like, and I also think I saw a different variation on Member level.  I was wondering if it is new or if I've just never noticed it before, and does it have any significance to us BMs?

Correction :-

I erroneously stated that upon joining I was given honorary VIP status, I was wrong; I was given honorary Advanced status. My sincere apologies. Think I must be suffering the onset of old age, exacerbated by cabin fever.

Again, my apologies.

And again; Stay Safe.