TM28: Thai immigration scraps requirement for foreigners...

247 NEWS

1) Nope, I am not on a marriage visa....
2) "ALL" this BS is not limited to the house visit, but is an accumulation of the silly immigration rules in Thailand, like the TM thing, the 90d reporting, the exit permit, money in the bank, etc....

What is the ‘exit permit ‘ ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, Scotty said:

What is the ‘exit permit ‘ ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't there some "permit" you need to ask if you want to leave the country during your 1 y visa and re enter on the same visa (not expired)

Or there used to be ? 

Edited by Thai Spice

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Isn't there some "permit" you need to ask if you want to leave the country during your 1 y visa and re enter on the same visa (not expired)

Or there used to be ? 

You're probably thinking of a re-entry permit.  Only needed if on a single entry visa, but that would be expected if you only got a single entry and had used it.

6 hours ago, KWA said:

You're probably thinking of a re-entry permit.  Only needed if on a single entry visa, but that would be expected if you only got a single entry and had used it.

But what about the yearly marriage or retirement visa (or extension) ? I mean on such a visa (or extension) can you freely leave and re enter as many times you want ?  Or do you have to apply for that "re-entry permit" ?

21 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

But what about the yearly marriage or retirement visa (or extension) ? I mean on such a visa (or extension) can you freely leave and re enter as many times you want ?  Or do you have to apply for that "re-entry permit" ?

The extension for retirement etc allows you to stay in the country for 1 year until the next extension.

The moment you leave you need a re entry permit, this is usually requested at the same time as the extension and is available for multiple exit/re entry or for single reentry. Obviously if you are a regular traveler it would be advantageous to get a multiple reentry permit . It pays for itself after 4 trips as the single re entry is 1000 baht and the multiple re entry is 3800 baht.  The advantage of the multiple permit is the fact you only visit immigration once a year rather than each time you are leaving the country. 

I used to get my multiple reentry permit immediately after I had received my retirement extension.

• Great Info 1

36 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

The moment you leave you need a re entry permit, this is usually requested at the same time as the extension and is available for multiple exit/re entry

Thanks, understood.

Same here, but it is automatically included and is on the same document as my visa extension. Speaking about a retirement visa, as this visa is mandatory done through an agency.  For marriage and "social visit" visas handled directly by the person, it is same principle.

"Limited stay and mutiple re-entry permit" being the official name on the document.

• Thumbs Up 1