Looking for a new TV ?

Yesitisdakid

I had a thread on Thai Visa about my search for a new T.V a few months ago....In the end I bought a  TCL Ultra Hi Def smart TV 43in  from Power Buy a display model on sale they wanted to move for 4990 Baht (regular price was at one time was 8300 baht)......Works perfect.......And free delivery.......

I almost felt guilty.....Power Buy could not have been making more than a few hundred baht at most I would guess.....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1

Have a small TCL in my dining room , it’s ok for normal viewing but the web interface isn’t great. I don’t like the Samsung web interface either, got an LG in the bedroom and web browser is much better.
For normal TV viewing, HDMI inputs etc the TCLs are fine and great value for money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 TCL 50in smart tv in 2 of my condos 1 lost the sound after 2 years I contacted them they arranged collection it was sent to BKK and returned to my door working again all at no cost to me.

Posting this as some my be unsure that the 3 year warranty is valid ( I did fill in the garnet form and send it off many do not ) and kept the receipt.

JDM

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fforest said:

I had a thread on Thai Visa about my search for a new T.V a few months ago....In the end I bought a  TCL Ultra Hi Def smart TV 43in  from Power Buy a display model on sale they wanted to move for 4990 Baht (regular price was at one time was 8300 baht)......Works perfect.......And free delivery.......

I almost felt guilty.....Power Buy could not have been making more than a few hundred baht at most I would guess.....

Yea, I agree .. Power Buy is great ... I bought a couple of flat screens there as well ...

I bought a new air con for my place in BKK a couple of months ago .. I don't understand ( so cheap - I thought ) .. they came and de installed the one I had ... and replaced it with a new one .. all included in the sale price .... what a deal !

• Like 2

On 2/21/2020 at 10:57 PM, fforest said:

Boy when these flat screens first came out I remember thinking how expensive they were....100,000 baht price tags were not uncommon.....Now look at the prices.....lol...... 

I remember when I had my first house, it was 2002 and my buddy moved in. We were talking about a flyer that came in the mail, the first plasmas I remember well were $20,000 CAD for a 46”. I said” I can buy a decent car for that price, even if I had millions I would never pay that for a TV”, and he replied “ yes you would”. I believe that was the weakest period for our $, 63 cents US, so was probably only 12K or less USD. By summer 2007 we were a dime higher than USD. But to think that people actually paid that for the first plasmas......unbelievable. 

I strolled into Costco yesterday, for some meat but the TV’s were near the entrance, so naturally had a look. Even at 75”, didn’t see many price tags over $2,000, and many nice ones of 55” for under $500. You buy something you think is good, and 6 months later you see a better one for less $. It’s nuts. The Toshiba 49” I got 4 years ago works great, would love a 65” + but really no need for it, my eyes are still good

16 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I've had Panasonics for over 20 years. Never once had a problem. I'd be a bit sceptical as to the quality of a cheap TV but each to their own. 

I worked in electronics for many, many years, including a period with a major manufacturer of TVs (amongst other things).  Some of them went out with a different badge on the front than our own brand name, but were identical inside.  I'm sure it still goes on nowadays.

• Like 1