United Arab Emirates issue Travel ban to Thailand

RR007

11 hours ago, tommy dee said:

sadly. life wise, I predicted that indoa will be the next big one.  unlike thailand, cleanliness there is at a low level, poor hygeine.  if it hits india, which it has to at some point, then it will spread like wild fire..  india, pakistan etc,  it would be atomic in size

We live in hope. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

All flights from middle east carriers,  with the exception of Kuwait, arrived yesterday and this morning at Suvarnabhumi as scheduled.

Kuwait have banned flights to and from Thailand but no mention of a travel ban to Thailand for its citizens.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Just been informed that I cannot return to work in Iraq until further notice as they have banned anyone travelling from Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expect Kuwait to follow suit. As long as I get out on Friday I'll happily sit at home for a few months.

This from the US Embassy in Kuwait although no official announcement from the Kuwait MOH

Screenshot_20200226-182806_Chrome.jpg

https://kw.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

As per normal the UK Embassy in Kuwait is saying nothing.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

Just been informed that I cannot return to work in Iraq until further notice as they have banned anyone travelling from Thailand.

i can see the Oil and gas co's going mental.  they have quite a bit of clout, but also see most of M E following samer pattern.  am talking to one chap who plans to go to the UK then claim to be based from there.  as one of his pals was put back on his plane from thailand yesterday, refused entry to iraq

• Thumbs Up 1

I was absolutely staggered this morning at T4 that there was absolutely no screening thermal scanners or anything at Heathrow.....I was expecting E gates off and everyone spoken face to face to at immigration.

Not a single thing.....not even sort of a lane saying this way if you've been XYZ countries etc

Out of interest Oman was about 40% full Bangkok Muscat but 99% full Muscat Heathrow (I saw just one empty seat in economy)

Edited by RR007
  • Thumbs Up 1

i can see the Oil and gas co's going mental.  they have quite a bit of clout, but also see most of M E following samer pattern.  am talking to one chap who plans to go to the UK then claim to be based from there.  as one of his pals was put back on his plane from thailand yesterday, refused entry to iraq

If I go back I will probably have to do the same, that’s when a second passport comes in handy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RR007 said:

I was absolutely staggered this morning at T4 that there was absolutely no screening thermal scanners or anything at Heathrow.....I was expecting E gates off and everyone spoken face to face to at immigration.

Not a single thing.....not even sort of a lane saying this way if you've been XYZ countries etc

If they started that, they better shut down all the borders everywhere now...   

I mean, are we going to close our border with Italy ? Stop all trucking , all import / export, ban all flights from Italy, etc ..

Say I was in HKG , and want to go back home to Bali. Do you think I am going to tell Bali immigration that I was in HKG ?

In short, are we going to bring the whole globe to a shutdown  in the name of "precaution" ?  

It's all fecking madness.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Say I was in HKG , and want to go back home to Bali. Do you think I am going to tell Bali immigration that I was in HKG ?

lol Bali immigration can see you were in HK the second the fella scans your passport.

30 minutes ago, RR007 said:

lol Bali immigration can see you were in HK the second the fella scans your passport.

Nope...

Having HK PR, I use my HK ID card at HK immigration in/out... There is no trace in my psp.

The only trace is my ticket, and of course it would not be a direct flight...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/26/2020 at 9:08 PM, Scotty said:

Same here,cannot return to work in the offshore sector uk,time will tell i suppose how far they take this.

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Nope...

Having HK PR, I use my HK ID card at HK immigration in/out... There is no trace in my psp.

Fair play. Reason I said that was yesterday as per normal E gate rejected passport in London. Over to manual check fella says where you been and I say Bangkok via Muscat....one word from him "and".....Phillipines I add to which he smiles and hands passport back lol

• Like 2

Nope...

I reckon they would still know, unless you have a stopover somewhere and then further travel on a completely different ticket/airline.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I reckon they would still know, unless you have a stopover somewhere and then further travel on a completely different ticket/airline.

Immigration in Bali is not the US thing. 

Stopover, and change of airline should do easily. 

But I mean, what a bloody hassle.

Now, the case of an employer denying you access to an O.S. platform makes sense, if you consider the financial consequence in the (very unlikely) case somebody brings the virus on board and they have to stop it !

2 hours ago, RR007 said:

Fair play. Reason I said that was yesterday as per normal E gate rejected passport in London. Over to manual check fella says where you been and I say Bangkok via Muscat....one word from him "and".....Phillipines I add to which he smiles and hands passport back lol

Look on this video (from 0:00 to 01:00) how an person with HK ID passes immigration in HK.  Very handy when like me you did it every month.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'd say immigration in any country can find out where you've been. You can hop skip and jump put they'll know if they want to.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Nope...

Is your passport linked to your HK PR