United Arab Emirates issue Travel ban to Thailand

RR007

2 hours ago, Murchie said:

Was informed by Emirates staff at check in that I will not be allowed to enter Kuwait if I have been in Thailand at any time 14 days prior to my arrival.

Looks like I'll be having at least two months off.

Was just about to post the restrictions Kuwait have announced.  You could always stay in a "safe" country for two weeks before you go back to work.  So far they're only restricting anyone who has been in Iran, Iraq, Japan, Korea (Rep.), Singapore and Thailand in the last fortnight.

8 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

In HKG of course. HK ID has a smart chip with plenty info in it.

But thats relevant only on the HK side.

So if immigration in another country what to know where you've they could easily find out you've been in HK if they so wished as you PP number is in the system. 

4 minutes ago, KWA said:

Was just about to post the restrictions Kuwait have announced.  You could always stay in a "safe" country for two weeks before you go back to work.  So far they're only restricting anyone who has been in Iran, Iraq, Japan, Korea (Rep.), Singapore and Thailand in the last fortnight.

Will wait and see what my employer says. If they want me to go somewhere safe it will have to be on their expense and only after I've had my 28 days off.

On 2/25/2020 at 7:22 AM, tommy dee said:

sadly. life wise, I predicted that indoa will be the next big one.  unlike thailand, cleanliness there is at a low level, poor hygeine.  if it hits india, which it has to at some point, then it will spread like wild fire..  india, pakistan etc,  it would be atomic in size

Not a prayer, even viruses keep away from them.

• Haha 1

Had a quick look outta curiosity to see current flight prices for same dates I've booked in June, back in July. 

EVA are about £200 quid more. 

Thai about £100 cheaper

Emirates £390 with very short stopovers, one of the cheapest I've ever seen. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Murchie said:

So if immigration in another country what to know where you've they could easily find out you've been in HK if they so wished as you PP number is in the system. 

If , if, if, if .....

I doubt that the interconnection goes that far between immigration depts of various countries . Of course if you are on an Interpol list, its different !

Anyway, enough said .

If I was asked by a member of immigration, customs or quarantine staff where I had originally begun my journey I would answer correctly, many cases of people hiding from reality and the consequences for others could be immeasurable. Lying or avoiding telling the truth may also be illegal and get you in hot water or at least a very disrespectful view from authorities.

Isn't that just being responsible or am I missing something.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

If I was asked by a member of immigration, customs or quarantine staff where I had originally begun my journey I would answer correctly, many cases of people hiding from reality and the consequences for others could be immeasurable. Lying or avoiding telling the truth may also be illegal and get you in hot water or at least a very disrespectful view from authorities.

Well, maybe I am an old dino but I remember people with a bit of brain and education taking basic.precautions without being harcelled like they are a walking danger for humanity...

- if your kids start to show symptoms of the flu dont send them to school as they will likely transmit it to others.

- cant remember we pushed the ridicule to wear masks at home or in the car

- in the working environment (the West) even going to work with a mild flu (nothing special), inform your co workers, dont hug / kiss like we French usually do, just shake hands. I never saw anybody run out of meeting because one of us had the flu

- it didn't stop any of us to go buy bread or to the supermarket etc... 

- and nobody was walking around 24/7 with a fecking mask on his face.

So all this drama and mediatisation, hype by the media is completely stupid. We live in a world where media has become the center, and they feed themselves and the masses with stories. How scarier, how better they sell !

And sure no need for the same media or some overzealous health zealots tell what to do.  

Specially not from countries where the meat market is Middle Age, people spit on the floor or table in the restaurant, etc .....

18 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Well, maybe I am an old dino but I remember people with a bit of brain and education taking basic.precautions without being harcelled like they are a walking danger for humanity...

- if your kids start to show symptoms of the flu dont send them to school as they will likely transmit it to others.

- cant remember we pushed the ridicule to wear masks at home or in the car

- in the working environment (the West) even going to work with a mild flu (nothing special), inform your co workers, dont hug / kiss like we French usually do, just shake hands. I never saw anybody run out of meeting because one of us had the flu

- it didn't stop any of us to go buy bread or to the supermarket etc... 

- and nobody was walking around 24/7 with a fecking mask on his face.

So all this drama and mediatisation, hype by the media is completely stupid. We live in a world where media has become the center, and they feed themselves and the masses with stories. How scarier, how better they sell !

And sure no need for the same media or some overzealous health zealots tell what to do.  

Specially not from countries where the meat market is Middle Age, people spit on the floor or table in the restaurant, etc .....

Not sure what your reply has to do with my comment but, yes, you are an old dino lol

I agree though that some can get over dramatized or ahead of themselves with paranoia spreading but where authorities are setting the rules and asking questions I tend to tell the truth....they probably have a lot more real information at hand rather than speculating tourists or expats.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Not sure what your reply has to do with my comment but, yes, you are an old dino lol

I agree though that some can get over dramatized or ahead of themselves with paranoia spreading but where authorities are setting the rules and asking questions I tend to tell the truth....they probably have a lot more real information at hand rather than speculating tourists or expats.

So this should be the norm ? 

Next step is a North Korea regime, but don't worry its for the common good... Remember the Spanish Inquisition ? 

Long prison times .... Israel beats them all, asking people to grass on violators...FFS.  

• Governments trying to control coronavirus are punishing residents and visitors hiding key details about their activities and flouting quarantine orders, WSJ writes.
  • Singapore this week charged a Chinese couple under the Infectious Diseases Act. If convicted, they face prison terms of up to six months, fines of up to $7,150, or both.
  • Singapore also revoked a man's permanent-resident status for defying a stayhome notice.
  • In Hong Kong, two residents were charged last week for violating a two-week self-quarantine rule after returning from China. If convicted, they face a maximum fine of $3,200 and up to six months in prison.
  • In Taipei, authorities have fined 67 people who broke quarantine measures.
  • Israelis caught violating a mandatory home quarantine for travelers who have recently visited East Asia face up to seven years in prison. On Thursday, the Health Ministry asked citizens to report quarantine violators.

Flight was reasonably busy, airport very very quiet. Sailed through passport control with no questions asked.

Same when I came in on Thursday. Maybe they don’t need to ask as their computer systems already have all the info....[emoji16]
I did wear a mask when going through immigration in BKK as I had heard they were not happy with people not wearing them, then when I got to the desk the IO I got wasn’t wearing one [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Of course it's responsible, adult behaviour.

Do I think there is a major over reaction?  Yes, but I'm not medically qualified so have to take on board the advice of those who are rather than being a stubborn old know it all.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

Same when I came in on Thursday. Maybe they don’t need to ask as their computer systems already have all the info....emoji16.png
I did wear a mask when going through immigration in BKK as I had heard they were not happy with people not wearing them, then when I got to the desk the IO I got wasn’t wearing one emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could have asked but they'd never have followed my trail😁

I wore a mask also for the same reason, I'd say the majority of uniformed staff weren't wearing one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...