COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

On 3/19/2020 at 7:45 AM, Thai Spice said:

Last post before I check out for good and let you live the end of the world among yourselves... (except for a few which I feel optimist).

Boss from.beach cantine just offered me a glass of wine, we shook hands and said "f**k the virus". Thats the way to do it.

Happy sailing boys, and dont worry for me !

And NOW i wind my neck in ! 

That didn't take long lol. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Esco said:

That didn't take long lol. 

Cant resist going against the whining, crying and collective panic....

Thats me .

End of the world is near ? F*ck it, get me a beer.

And if I "go" no need for RIP, thoughts or prayers.... 

Just have a beer saying, "cheers you frog bastard" !

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/ed3fb63e-41ce-11ea-bdb5-169ba7be433d

"Most experts believe the current fatality rate is exaggerated by serious under-diagnosis of mild cases; the best current estimate is that Covid-19 will kill around 1 per cent of those infected in a population with good healthcare.

For comparison, seasonal flu has a mortality rate below 0.1 per cent."

It kills more people than the flu, it causes more respiratory and critical conditions than the flu, and it spreads as easily as the common cold.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/ed3fb63e-41ce-11ea-bdb5-169ba7be433d

"Most experts believe the current fatality rate is exaggerated by serious under-diagnosis of mild cases; the best current estimate is that Covid-19 will kill around 1 per cent of those infected in a population with good healthcare.

For comparison, seasonal flu has a mortality rate below 0.1 per cent."

It kills more people than the flu, it causes more respiratory and critical conditions than the flu, and it spreads as easily as the common cold.

Boy there sure is a lack of any 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand accounts on any forum I read of any one getting this virus.....

11 minutes ago, fforest said:

Boy there sure is a lack of any 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand accounts on any forum I read of any one getting this virus.....

This forum has about 50 active posters. It is the beginning of the pandemic, give it a few months. Just keep your head in the sand and get covid.

16 minutes ago, fforest said:

I know of at least 3 people close friends recovering at home with it and probably many many more.

Anyway I thought we were bad in London ..... just read this nonsense worth a click:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3970744/Low-LOO-prices-Shoppers-scramble-TOILET-PAPER-South-African-Black-Friday-sale-annual-day-deals-brings-chaos-stores-globe.html?ito=chromelessDM_0

3 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

I know of at least 3 people close friends recovering at home with it and probably many many more.

Anyway I thought we were bad in London ..... just read this nonsense worth a click:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3970744/Low-LOO-prices-Shoppers-scramble-TOILET-PAPER-South-African-Black-Friday-sale-annual-day-deals-brings-chaos-stores-globe.html?ito=chromelessDM_0

From 2017 ....

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Cant resist going against the whining, crying and collective panic....

Thats me .

End of the world is near ? F*ck it, get me a beer.

And if I "go" no need for RIP, thoughts or prayers.... 

Just have a beer saying, "cheers you frog bastard" !

There's no whining from anyone on this thread. 

We're having a healthy discussion about a virus that is likely to kill some of our elderly family and friends, possibly even people on this very forum, and all you keep harping on about is how you don't take it seriously. 

By all means go and have your beer but please don't try to shove your perspective down our throats. 

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

From 2017 ....

Words like clucking bell spring to mind ...... :default_1087::default_1087:

I even checked the date at the top March 22nd 2020 but yes ..............  just seen the publishing date. 

Hate posting stuff that is not correct ........ thanks mate !!! Hate fake news and ......................... bit about friends with Covid is 1,0000% true btw ..... 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, fforest said:

Suppressed by the Illuminati, New World Order, Deep State etc.

They want everybody to ignore the self isolation and social distancing recommendations and just get on with what they want to. The idea is to create this giant seething cauldron of Covid-19 infection.

Forget "herd immunity" it's called "herd cull".

The Cohen brothers already have the film rights. "No Country For Idiots".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Just got back from Waitrose and its half empty. 

Wanted to buy 5 Quaker Oats porridge pots for breakfast at work Young girl about 16 on the counter told me I could only buy 3 of one product Supervisor came over and I explained I have one a day at work for breakfast.She could see I weren't stockpiling from my other goods. 

The young girl was really apologetic over it and I said 'Don't worry sweetheart it's not your fault'.Left wing lesbo me too bitch behind me started giving me shit for calling her sweetheart like I'm Jimmy Savile!!!!. 

I'm gonna fucking kill someone soon I tell you. 

That's pathetic, it's people buying 48 litres of long life milk and multiple packs or toilet rolls that should stopped ... not some old fella buying his breakfast 😉  what about a Mum buying for a family ..can't limit her to just three items ... common sense needs to be used 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

That's what you don't seem to understand, it's not just about you ... it's how many others will you take down with you .... have a beer , but do it in your home 

My answer would be this :

Screenshot_20200322-082950_Seeking Alpha_copy_600x1067.jpg

Txt above continues "Your fears do not cancel my rights"

48 minutes ago, Esco said:

There's no whining from anyone on this thread. 

We're having a healthy discussion about a virus that is likely to kill some of our elderly family and friends, possibly even people on this very forum, and all you keep harping on about is how you don't take it seriously. 

By all means go and have your beer but please don't try to shove your perspective down our throats. 

You would think TS is an orphan with no family in the world but maybe he won't offer a healthy or realistic view on things until it affects somebody he knows. It is sad that a supposedly intelligent and 'worldly' forum member acts like a complete dumb arse when others are trying to deal with the fallout of a pandemic that may (and probably will) touch, in some way, all of us sooner than later.

This is a world pandemic that is just starting in the western world, is likely to kill 1000's (some could be family members or friends) and all he can think about when offered balanced but differing views is to have another beer and show us photos of his bloody breakfast.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

That's pathetic, it's people buying 48 litres of long life milk and multiple packs or toilet rolls that should stopped ... not some old fella buying his breakfast 😉  what about a Mum buying for a family ..can't limit her to just three items ... common sense needs to be used 

Supervisor used her Common sense and let me have them, but it's the stockpilers that needs to be cracked down on. 

• Thumbs Up 2

59 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Just got back from Waitrose and its half empty. 

Wanted to buy 5 Quaker Oats porridge pots for breakfast at work Young girl about 16 on the counter told me I could only buy 3 of one product Supervisor came over and I explained I have one a day at work for breakfast.She could see I weren't stockpiling from my other goods. 

The young girl was really apologetic over it and I said 'Don't worry sweetheart it's not your fault'.Left wing lesbo me too bitch behind me started giving me shit for calling her sweetheart like I'm Jimmy Savile!!!!. 

I'm gonna fucking kill someone soon I tell you. 

Quaker oats for breakfast?

How long have you been a homosexual?

• Haha 3

CNN.JPG

French doctor dies from coronavirus

From Barbara Wojazer in Paris

A doctor in France died from coronavirus on Saturday night, the country’s health minister Olivier Véran has announced.

The minister added: “This is a first, as far as I know.”

Medical professionals in France have been battling a rising number of coronavirus cases. The number currently stands at 12,475, with 450 confirmed deaths.

Véran did not give any details about the deceased.

Coronavirus cases top 300,000 worldwide

By Julia Hollingsworth, Jenni Marsh, Rob Picheta and Fernando Alfonso III, CNN

Updated 9:52 a.m. ET, March 22, 2020

Europe is one of the worst-hit regions, with a number of countries struggling with large novel coronavirus outbreaks.

Here's what has been happening in Europe:

• Italy reports its biggest one-day jump in deaths: In the past 24 hours, Italy recorded 793 deaths, meaning 4,825 people there have now died from coronavirus, according to the Italian authorities. That’s an almost 20 percent increase on the day before, and is the biggest one-day spike since the outbreak began. A least 53,578 have contracted the virus in Italy.
  • UK numbers pass 5,000: There are now more than 5,000 confirmed cases in the United Kingdom, according to the Department of Health and Social Care on Saturday. That's a rise of more than 1,000 cases in 24 hours. In total, 233 people with coronavirus have died in the UK and 72,818 people have been tested.
  • Spanish Prime Minister warns the worst is yet to come: Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez asked Spaniards on Saturday to remain strong, adding that "there are hard days ahead." "We have to get ready from a physiological and emotional standpoint ... The risk is everywhere," he said.
  • Germany treats coronavirus patients from France: Germany has admitted patients from the French region of Alsace -- an area which borders Germany.
  • Berlin limits gatherings to no more than 10 people: On Saturday, Berlin limited gatherings to no more than 10 people. Restaurants in the city can only offer take-out or delivery. The city has at least 866 cases of Covid-19 with one death, according to the Robert Koch Institute.
  • France sees highest jump in deaths: France saw its highest jump in deaths from coronavirus since the beginning of the outbreak, according to the Health Ministry on Saturday. France had seen 562 deaths by Saturday -- a rise of 112 from Friday.

Hong Kong cases spike again

From Alex Lin and Isaac Yee in Hong Kong

Health officials in Hong Kong have confirmed another 44 cases of the novel coronavirus bringing the city-wide total to 317.

Out of the 44 new cases, 29 had recent travel history to countries in Europe as well as North America, according to Dr Chuang Shuk-Kwan of the Center for Health Protection. The 44 new cases represent the second largest single-day increase, after 48 cases were reported on Friday.

Of the 317 confirmed cases in the city, 100 patients have been discharged from hospital. Of the remaining patients still being treated in hospital, one patient is in critical condition.

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

The wife started to buy a few extra toilet rolls way before the Brexit vote, not large amounts, just buying a larger pack than she would normally buy one at a time. It has meant that we are now well stocked with bum fodder in the utility room. She actually gave some to an elderly couple down the lane two days ago. She’s been doing their shopping for a couple of years now, as they don’t drive and busses are almost non existent. So she’s made sure they’re well stocked up. I have a sneaky feeling she’s been nicking the occasional bottle of my Merlot stock to give them as well. 😭

She tends to do small shops, but lately hasn’t been able to get much of what she normally buys. Luckily, we have 2 freezers well stocked with her Thai shite, such as fish, meats, curry pastes, pandan leaves and Thai herbs etc, so she’s set for a few weeks. 
Sister sent us our normal order last week, half a pig jointed and a load of beef joints, sausages, bacon, black pudding and  30+ different pies, sent by overnight courier for the freezer, so me and the kid will be fine for a few months.

Can’t understand why anyone needs to panic buy, there’s plenty of food to go around if you only buy what you need for a couple of days ffs!

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

NYT.JPG.80d80d819d590ff2dffcbf9167614467.JPG

Coronavirus Case Count in the U.S.

By Mitch Smith     Updated March 22, 2020, 3:07 A.M. E.T.

The number of known cases of the coronavirus in the United States has surged over the last week as testing expanded and the virus spread into new cities. As of Sunday morning, at least 24,380 people across every state, plus Washington, D.C., and three U.S. territories, have tested positive for coronavirus, according to a New York Times database, and at least 340 patients with the virus have died.

(READ MORE)