COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Just now, dcfc2007 said:

I still have to work. Nothing to do so I'll be glad of it.

Mosques are shut though. UK Muslim population will double within a year.

We have a big backlog at work due to implementing a new computer system so won't shut unless forced to. 

Much overtime as we want. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Was on the phone to the office today,  Project coordinator said I should expect to be off about 8 weeks standby😎

I was doing a little dance about the house when he told me 😀😀

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Krapow said:

It's baby steps.

Morons will still abuse it, putting strain on the police, it'll get more stringent.

Not sure how they'll 'police' the exercise one. 

Well quite, think the current UK Police dispersal orders can just shift the problem a couple of miles away.

A Bill will go through Parliament in the next couple of days granting the Police additional powers. That should give a bit more detail, but where's the manpower coming from? Aside from the tourist sites and the financial districts, how often do you see a Copper in London? Will take the army won't it?

Sorry for all the question marks  🤔but don't see how they will do it in London without the military

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, galenkia said:

I do enough of that as it is. 😀

I never stand when I can sit and I never sit when I can lie down. 
It’s what long, softly sprung settees are for. 🤗

Saw the crowds out at the weekend on TV, at one market they were nose to nose, ffs.☹️ 

BBC.JPG.cc3cf52f9af2be4a8e5e705a07060dd3.JPG

2020: Olympics to be postponed until 2021, says IOC member

The 2020 Olympic Games will be postponed by one year because of coronavirus, says International Olympic Committee member Dick Pound.

It comes after the chairman of the British Olympic Association said Great Britain would be unlikely to send a team to Tokyo this summer.

Australia and Canada have already said they will not compete in Japan.  The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games are due to take placed from 24 July to 9 August.

(READ MORE) 

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

My gym giving us the choice to freeze our payments or carry on paying and the period of closure will be added on when they are open again .... think I'll just keep paying

This is an email I got last night.

Needless to say,this c**t is gonna get a surprise when I open again.

He is getting punted fucking big style.

05999278-A240-4482-858C-3BEA85D04555.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So far, knock on wood, we have no reported cases here in Durango. We are not on lock down as yet. The owner of the Durango Silverton narrow guage railroad voluntarily shut the railroad down last week. And Purgatory Ski area has also shut down. For our area this is huge. Most restaurants and hotels have closed.  Same with schools and many businesses. We are a major cross roads for tourists and commercial travel and traffic has slowed but is still fairly heavy. I'm of the mind that this is still growing and that we are all in for an interesting next couple of months. 

7 hours ago, KhunDon said:

That’s because that bastard Zaphod coughed for a laugh at the end of his meal, to ovoid paying his bill. 
It feckin worked though. 🤣

Yeah, but I think someone on this forum has nicked his sunnies.

image.png

“Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses
have been specially designed to help people develop a relaxed
attitude to danger. At the first hint of trouble, they turn
totally black and thus prevent you from seeing anything that
might alarm you.”

• Haha 1

I’m 26. I don’t have any prior autoimmune or respiratory conditions. I work out six times a week, and abstain from cigarettes. I thought my role in the current health crisis would be as an ally to the elderly and compromised. Then, I was hospitalized for Covid-19.

On Friday, March 13, only a few hours after deciding I would begin to socially distance for the well-being of others, I developed a fever and headache. I tried not to assume the worst, but just in case, my partner and I decided to sleep in separate bedrooms. By the next morning, I had a cough. On Sunday, I started to feel better and my fever was gone. I felt thankful that even if this was coronavirus, I’d most likely be able to ride it out at home, as I’d heard people like myself had little to worry about. I began planning the work I’d catch up on the next day, and the much-needed shower I’d take.

That night I woke up in the middle of the night with chills, vomiting, and shortness of breath. By Monday, I could barely speak more than a few words without feeling like I was gasping for air. I couldn’t walk to the bathroom without panting as if I’d run a mile. On Monday evening, I tried to eat, but found I couldn’t get enough oxygen while doing so. Any task that was at all anxiety-producing — even resetting my MyChart password to communicate with my doctor — left me desperate for oxygen.

There were many reasons that I didn’t want to go to the hospital. When I’d called 311 earlier in the weekend to inquire about a test, I was told people with Covid-19 symptoms must stay home. I’d read this same advice elsewhere, and wanted to do everything possible to prevent spreading the virus if I had it. I also was wary of taking doctors’ attention and hospital resources away from more vulnerable populations who might need them. Finally, I feared that if this wasn’t Covid-19, going to the hospital could expose me to the virus. Ultimately, even with my serious trouble breathing, a part of me believed I would be fine, since I was young and otherwise healthy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/23/opinion/coronavirus-young-people.html

So exactly how are we going to tell which 20% need to be isolated so the rest of us can get on with life?

Edited by fygjam

Please check your farts! And if they don't smell...

Losing your sense of smell could be one of the first signs you have COVID-19, Flinders
University experts say.

Ear nose and throat (ENT) surgeons said loss of smell was reported in one in three
COVID19 patients in Korea and in Germany it was one in two patients.

Flinders University Professor Simon Carney said the virus causes swelling in the nasal
passages and mucus related to smelling and could be used as an indicator of the virus in
symptom-free carriers of COVID-19.

“It is these ‘silent carriers’ who may remain undetected by current screening procedures,
which may explain why the disease has progressed so rapidly in so many countries around
the world,” he said.

“An ENT professor in London has reported seeing a dramatic increase in patients with
anosmia as their only symptom of COVID-19 infection,” he said.

As Australia struggles to contain the spread of COVID-19-10, identification of these
carriers could help to slow the spread of infection.

“In the UK, ENT surgeons are pushing to have anosmia (loss of smell) highlighted as an
important symptom that may signify a patient may be an asymptomatic carrier,” says
Professor Carney, immediate past president of the Australia and New Zealand Rhinologic
Society.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/coronavirus-explained-what-you-need-to-know-about-getting-sick-treatment-and-future-vaccines/news-story/946cb4feb58433a5c09336ee9c7a9ff4

8 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Please check your farts! And if they don't smell...

Losing your sense of smell could be one of the first signs you have COVID-19, Flinders
University experts say.

Ear nose and throat (ENT) surgeons said loss of smell was reported in one in three
COVID19 patients in Korea and in Germany it was one in two patients.

Flinders University Professor Simon Carney said the virus causes swelling in the nasal
passages and mucus related to smelling and could be used as an indicator of the virus in
symptom-free carriers of COVID-19.

“It is these ‘silent carriers’ who may remain undetected by current screening procedures,
which may explain why the disease has progressed so rapidly in so many countries around
the world,” he said.

“An ENT professor in London has reported seeing a dramatic increase in patients with
anosmia as their only symptom of COVID-19 infection,” he said.

As Australia struggles to contain the spread of COVID-19-10, identification of these
carriers could help to slow the spread of infection.

“In the UK, ENT surgeons are pushing to have anosmia (loss of smell) highlighted as an
important symptom that may signify a patient may be an asymptomatic carrier,” says
Professor Carney, immediate past president of the Australia and New Zealand Rhinologic
Society.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/coronavirus-explained-what-you-need-to-know-about-getting-sick-treatment-and-future-vaccines/news-story/946cb4feb58433a5c09336ee9c7a9ff4

Well,I think I might be fine for now.

i just shit,and I’m I'm sat here basking in the glory.Good god......I actually just heard the exhaust fan slow down 200rpm’s trying to move it.

DEC927BC-B2DE-426C-987A-C4043966AEC5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

i just shit,and I’m I'm sat here basking in the glory.Good god......I actually just heard the exhaust fan slow down 200rpm’s trying to move it.

You're trying to move your shit with the exhaust fan?

Mainly for Aussies but might have information for others.

The TGA, not the most radical of organisations, has approved the following SARS-CoV-2/Covid-19 test kits.

POCT - point of care testing

Laboratory - needs a laboratory to process the sample and provide results.

IgG/IgM - immunoglobulin (antibody) blood test.

Nucleic Acid - viral RNA/DNA test.

image.png

https://www.tga.gov.au/covid-19-diagnostic-tests-included-artg-legal-supply-australia

I don't think that approval of a kit necessarily means it's currently available.

2 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

DEC927BC-B2DE-426C-987A-C4043966AEC5.jpeg

that uneven tile joining would have my OCD  in a spin every time i took a dump :)