COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

This is actually sad news, 5 am most mornings I am getting their tea and vegan sausage rolls when parked for a break at service stations etc...............damn

Vegan steak slice are better ...... delicious sodding things on a cold day. 

You still on the delivery game ??? Most popular man in West London right now I would imagine .... :default_cheers:

Incredible from Pep

"

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has donated 1m euros to fight the coronavirus outbreak in Spain.

Guardiola, who is at his home in Barcelona, has been working with his lawyers over the past few days to work out the best way of using the money.

This will go to a donation campaign being promoted by the Medical College of Barcelona and the Angel Soler Daniel Foundation.

Spain is one of the worst affected countries in Europe.

Official figures show that 2,696 people have now died in the country and close to 40,000 are infected.

The money will be used to help purchase medical equipment and protective material for the hospital staff involved in treating those admitted to hospital.

The Catalan region is one of the areas in Spain which has the most concentrated number of cases."

Source_ https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52028743

1 minute ago, Lemondropkid said:

Incredible from Pep

"

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has donated 1m euros to fight the coronavirus outbreak in Spain.

Guardiola, who is at his home in Barcelona, has been working with his lawyers over the past few days to work out the best way of using the money.

This will go to a donation campaign being promoted by the Medical College of Barcelona and the Angel Soler Daniel Foundation.

Spain is one of the worst affected countries in Europe.

Official figures show that 2,696 people have now died in the country and close to 40,000 are infected.

The money will be used to help purchase medical equipment and protective material for the hospital staff involved in treating those admitted to hospital.

The Catalan region is one of the areas in Spain which has the most concentrated number of cases."

Source_ https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52028743

Claim to fame.

Met him,walked half a dozen holes with him at Ryder Cup Medinah.

Carried his wife’s diaper bag.

Great guy,this doesn’t surprise me in the lease.

• Thumbs Up 1

Queuing at 10.15 am for the chemists this morning, for my monthly sack of meds. Only 3 allowed in at one time! I was No 8 in the queue and it took them 25 minutes to serve the first one in!

Eventually got in after an hour, only to find out they hadn’t filled the prescription, which they’d had for almost 2 weeks ffs! So had to sit and wait another 25 minutes while they did it. All in all, it took me almost 3 hours to do something that used to take me 10 minutes. ☹️

Funny thing was, just before they opened, there were 2 junkies who tried to push to the front to get their methadone fix. I was surprised and amused at just how vicious old grey haired grannies are when they tried to push in.
Handbags were swung, withered fists and breathless voices were raised and they were unceremoniously shoved to the back of the queue, which by this time snaked around the corner.  
Must have been like this during the war. You must remember the war! it was in all the papers.🤣  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/23/2020 at 9:38 AM, Lemondropkid said:

Then there's the deniers & conspiracy theorists trying to fit everything into their tiny world view.

I agree.   Most conspiracy theories grow out of very narrowly defined political or religious beliefs.  Iran's supreme leader is a prime example.

Iran Leader Refuses US Help; Cites Coronavirus Conspiracy Theory

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei alleges virus 'is specifically built for Iran using the genetic data of Iranians'

The U.S. has it's share as well.

Inside the COVID-Denialist Internet Bubble

Others are the product of stunted minds and disturbed psyches.  Some conspiracists simply lack the intellectual tools to understand what is really happening and invent fantastic theories to explain developments which baffle and terrify them.

Coronavirus Is Spreading — And So Are the Hoaxes and Conspiracy Theories Around It
"As the deadly virus spreads, people are making some pretty outrageous (and inaccurate) claims

Here are the most common rumors and hoaxes that have spread as a result of reports of novel coronavirus, and why such misinformation tends to spread in the midst of a public health crisis.

1) The government introduced the coronavirus in 2018, and Bill Gates was also somehow responsible.

2) There is a vaccine or cure for coronavirus that the government won’t release

3) Coronavirus originated with Chinese people eating bats

4) The virus is no worse than the common cold

5) Hand dryers are effective at killing coronavirus

6) Coronavirus is a bioweapon engineered by the Chinese government (or the CIA) to wage war on America (or China)

7) Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus"

On 3/23/2020 at 8:30 AM, dcfc2007 said:

f**k me this virus has brought the weirdos out.

Definitely.  This is one of the wilder ones:

Social media conspiracies blame coronavirus on 5G internet

Here's an example, based on a Youtube video which viral:

Capturexxxx.JPG

Take your pick.  There are plenty to choose from.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Vegan steak slice are better ...... delicious sodding things on a cold day. 

You still on the delivery game ??? Most popular man in West London right now I would imagine .... :default_cheers:

Off to work in 30 mins, work is down but still many places needing my services. Probably getting radiated every time I deliver to the Atomic Weapons Establishment at Aldermaston but at least I am earning a full wage.

Tried the vegan steak slice as recommended by one of the older staff members, very nice indeed. What will I do with myself at 5 am this morning, upsetting.

6 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Off to work in 30 mins, work is down but still many places needing my services. Probably getting radiated every time I deliver to the Atomic Weapons Establishment at Aldermaston but at least I am earning a full wage.

Tried the vegan steak slice as recommended by one of the older staff members, very nice indeed. What will I do with myself at 5 am this morning, upsetting.

My dad worked there in the late 60s we lived in newbury

Speaking of panic buying: I went grocery shopping for the first time in two weeks. Last time only toilet paper and paper towel aisles empty. Today lots of empty aisles.  The Feminine Hygiene aisle was totally empty. This puzzled me initially (only required every 28 days), then a passing thought put me into hysterics. Could they be using leakproof, form cupped winged Kotex for face masks? Are they using the tampax for nose plugs? 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, fygjam said:

So exactly how are we going to tell which 20% need to be isolated so the rest of us can get on with life?

Isolate the sick ones and the at-risk ones, just like we do now for other communicable diseases (except HIV for some strange reason).  There will be outliers and people who get sick unexpectedly, just like there are now with the flu and other communicable diseases, and were with SARS, MERS, H1N1, etc.  Screen and quarantine travelers from areas with active outbreaks, just like we did before.  Anyone who feels they are at risk can self-isolate and face the risk of bankruptcy and joblessness they're trying to force on the rest of us.  

Life is not without risk.  You can't make it that way by turning the countries of the earth into gigantic prisons.  Take the risks or stop living, and let the rest of us get on with it.

Edited by Rompho Ray
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

He was in his 60s. 

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/metro-vancouver-dentist-dies-coronavirus

"No known health issues" is not the same as "fit as fack".  Not sure how anyone knows whether he was HIV+ if he wasn't admitting to it.

That's the problem with most reports of deaths, no details as to underlying health issues.  And as you wrote in another post, there will always be outliers, and from the stats for CV19 that amounts to .9% dying with no pre-existing medical conditions. Not much they can do to protect themselves, but the others with known medical issues can protect themselves by self-isolating.

There's also reports with clickbait headlines about young people catching the virus, and some dying. But again, no medical details on pre-existing conditions, and no mention in the news reports reminding readers pre-existing medical conditions are not limited to the old and frail. And as for those reports about young people catching the virus, the reports again fail to highlight the fact that in the majority of cases they recover from the infection.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rompho Ray said:

Isolate the sick ones and the at-risk ones, just like we do now for other communicable diseases (except HIV for some strange reason).  There will be outliers and people who get sick unexpectedly, just like there are now with the flu and other communicable diseases, and were with SARS, MERS, H1N1, etc.  Screen and quarantine travelers from areas with active outbreaks, just like we did before.  Anyone who feels they are at risk can self-isolate and face the risk of bankruptcy and joblessness they're trying to force on the rest of us.  

Life is not without risk.  You can't make it that way by turning the countries of the earth into gigantic prisons.  Take the risks or stop living, and let the rest of us get on with it.

Coming soon to a place near you...

6 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Some good news at last ???

Greta Thunberg is self isolating with Sam Smith ...... OK I made that bit up attention seeking millennial twats ..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/breaking_news/article-8147765/Greta-Thunberg-says-coronavirus-isolating-father.html

Meanwhile Sam aka ZE is struggling with self isolation in his £12million pound Hampstead mansionNINTCHDBPICT000571970880-1.jpg

I delivered morning newspapers to Hampstead mansions in The Bishops Ave.

Bought my first record player from my Christmas tips.

Not many people know that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nickrock said:

My dad worked there in the late 60s we lived in newbury

That's my delivery area, Newbury, Reading, Thatcham and Basingstoke. Nice locations, a lot of countryside. 

Loads of deer, badgers and rabbits to avoid, only squashed one rabbit so far.

29 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I delivered morning newspapers to Hampstead mansions in The Bishops Ave.

Bought my first record player from my Christmas tips.

Not many people know that.

I did. I think you've told us that before (maybe on a different forum).

• Haha 1