COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

44 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Looking for the light at the end of the tunnel. Could this be it...

Coronavirus deaths in the US could reach peak in three weeks, epidemiologist says

A leading epidemiologist advising the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has estimated the peak of deaths in the US coronavirus pandemic will be three weeks from now, after which "most of the damage will be done," and says it may be possible to only isolate the vulnerable, allowing many back to work.

The CDC confirmed that Ira Longini, professor at the Center for Statistics and Quantitative Infectious Diseases at the University of Florida, is a "funded partner." The agency said he works with them on Covid-19 modeling.

Modeling is not precise, and uses known data to project trends in disease spread, and there were dissenting opinions expressed to CNN about Longini's analysis. Yet two other disease experts broadly agreed with the estimate.

Mr. Trump will be probably " touting" this at the daily update today.....he is looking forward to starting the country back again on Easter.

Man, I hope he is right.....he risks a big downfall if this back fires on him. 

It looks to me like this statement has a "caveat" that makes me still worry......that is that the " peak of deaths" will be three weeks from now, but does not imply that people cannot be infected anymore. Big difference the way I see it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

He was in his 60s. 

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/metro-vancouver-dentist-dies-coronavirus

"No known health issues" is not the same as "fit as fack".  Not sure how anyone knows whether he was HIV+ if he wasn't admitting to it.

Friends wife was at the same conference,she knew of him.She is in lockdown now ,been that way for a while.

If he had hiv and was on his regular meds,would he still be more at risk?

405,000 people volunteered overnight !!!

More than 400,000 people have signed up to be volunteers for the NHS in response to the coronavirus crisis.

The call to action came from Health Secretary Matt Hancock on Tuesday, who requested for 250,000 people to donate their time to help the 1.5 million people isolating for 12 weeks in an attempt to slow the spread of Covid-19.

Stephen Powis, NHS England medical director, said: "Overnight 170,000 people have signed up - that's three a second to help the NHS.

"It's an absolutely astonishing response."

At a press conference on Wednesday afternoon Prime Minister Boris Johnson said a total of 405,000 people had now volunteered.

Anyone who is over the age of 18, fit and healthy and non-symptomatic can offer their time to the scheme and help to deliver shopping to vulnerable people, transport patients to and from hospital, drive medicines and equipment to NHS facilities and check up on isolated individuals by telephone.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

405,000 people volunteered overnight !!!

More than 400,000 people have signed up to be volunteers for the NHS in response to the coronavirus crisis.

The call to action came from Health Secretary Matt Hancock on Tuesday, who requested for 250,000 people to donate their time to help the 1.5 million people isolating for 12 weeks in an attempt to slow the spread of Covid-19.

Stephen Powis, NHS England medical director, said: "Overnight 170,000 people have signed up - that's three a second to help the NHS.

"It's an absolutely astonishing response."

At a press conference on Wednesday afternoon Prime Minister Boris Johnson said a total of 405,000 people had now volunteered.

Anyone who is over the age of 18, fit and healthy and non-symptomatic can offer their time to the scheme and help to deliver shopping to vulnerable people, transport patients to and from hospital, drive medicines and equipment to NHS facilities and check up on isolated individuals by telephone.

After my 14 days, assuming I show no symptoms,  they'll have another.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Anyone who still thinks, "It's the same as the flu,"  should read these two stories. Although most people, including the elderlyand those with underlying conditions, will survive, it seems COVID-19 is a far worse disease to have than the flu.  I'll social distance, wash my hands,  wear a mask, self-isolate, whatever, to avoid catching it.

Evil

Capturek.JPG.b108ee954a52ade02971571e6a011c1c.JPG    Care home nurse tells of terrifying and sudden ways coronavirus struck her patients
EXCLUSIVE: By Sara Sidner, CNN

Updated 10:19 PM ET, Mon March 23, 2020

Kirkland, Washington (CNN)The veteran registered nurse started her own mental checklist: cough, rapid breathing and the red eyes -- all the sickest patients seemed to have the red eyes.

For Chelsey Earnest it was the eyes that became the single most important sign as she and other staff at the Life Care Center in Kirkland, Washington, struggled with the new coronavirus that was sweeping the nursing home even before it became feared across the country.

As the virus swept through the center, in a suburb of Seattle, at least 129 patients and staff and visitors were infected, according to the CDC and Life Care Center. A total of 29 people associated with the care home have died, 18 of them patients. And, as in China and other places that had coronavirus first, the elderly were at the greatest risk of death.

(READ MORE)

AP.JPG.e46ac638a94546547f95d2adc02ddcbd.JPG        Feds release results of inspection at virus-hit nursing home
                BY Gene Johnson, ASSOCIATED PRESS, March 23, 2020

SEATTLE (AP) — Federal regulators on Monday said they found serious infractions during their check of a Seattle-area nursing home hard-hit by the coronavirus and they’re giving it three weeks to fix them.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, along with state regulators, announced the preliminary results from the March 16 inspection.

They found that the Life Care Center of Kirkland failed to rapidly identify and manage sick residents; failed to notify the Washington Department of Health about the increasing rate of respiratory infections among residents; and failed to have a backup plan in the absence of Life Care’s primary clinician, who fell ill.

(READ MORE)

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Great Info 1

My mum is 90 so really needs home delivery from supermarkets but no slots for at least 3 weeks & probably a lot longer.

UK Government has responded by setting up a register of vulnerable people who will get priority....except extreme age doesn't make you vulnerable,according to them.

Given that over 70's have been told by the government that they need to stay in how is she expected to shop?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

My mum is 90 so really needs home delivery from supermarkets but no slots for at least 3 weeks & probably a lot longer.

UK Government has responded by setting up a register of vulnerable people who will get priority....except extreme age doesn't make you vulnerable,according to them.

Given that over 70's have been told by the government that they need to stay in how is she expected to shop?

Any neighbours or relatives nearby that can help ? 

my Dads in his 80's and I'm doing his shopping , but a couple of neighbours also popped by and asked if he needed anything 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Loads of places around London have self organised, there's an 'official'  Covid 19 help Facebook group for pretty much everywhere I think, where loads of people are volunteering to do what's needed for the vulnerable, collate together all the local food places, who has what groceries in stock etc those that are also doing free food and delivery. Lots of restaurants who have had to close to the public are still cooking hot meals for the vulnerable, volunteers then delivering it. 

It really is magnificent the response to this by the general public,in London that I know of, at least stuff like the above.

You still have the selfish morons as well, not taking it serious, endangering every other c**t as well as themselves. 

Edited by Krapow
  • Great Info 1

17 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Loads of places around London have self organised, there's an 'official'  Covid 19 help Facebook group for pretty much everywhere I think, where loads of people are volunteering to do what's needed for the vulnerable, collate together all the local food places, who has what groceries in stock etc those that are also doing free food and delivery. Lots of restaurants who have had to close to the public are still cooking hot meals for the vulnerable, volunteers then delivering it. 

It really is magnificent the response to this by the general public,in London that I know of, at least stuff like the above.

You still have the selfish morons as well, not taking it serious, endangering every other c**t as well as themselves. 

Know some care homes and alms houses near you on total lock down with confirmed cases. Volunteers already in place and dropping stuff off since Monday .....

This is not normal flu and much more like 1918 Spanish flu just now.

Who the feck knows ......

Politicoa.jpg.9c122076b1319a5bea40139542

Those who intentionally spread coronavirus

could be charged as terrorists

The Justice Department offers guidance on how to deal with “purposeful exposure and infection of others.”

By JOSH GERSTEIN

03/24/2020 11:22 PM EDT

People who intentionally spread the coronavirus could face criminal charges under federal terrorism laws, the Justice Department’s No. 2 official said Tuesday.

In a memo to top Justice Department leaders, law enforcement agency chiefs and U.S. Attorneys across the country, Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen said prosecutors and investigators could come across cases of “purposeful exposure and infection of others with COVID-19.”

(READ MORE)

3 hours ago, coxyhog said:

When my Tesco order arrived earlier today, I enquired when Tesco release more delivery slots.

The drivers believed that they release the next week's delivery slots at midnight on Sunday night, albeit for 3 weeks ahead.

Guess what I'm doing this Sunday night... yes, for my 85 year old mother, who cant get a slot at any time from anyone. 

Edited by Painter
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, dcfc2007 said:

Some glimmers of hope as infection rates in some countries including Italy appear to be slowing. 

If people act sensible then it will slow. 

Though tell that to my company who are forcing us to work and have said if we choose to self isolate we might not have a job to come back to. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

If people act sensible then it will slow. 

Though tell that to my company who are forcing us to work and have said if we choose to self isolate we might not have a job to come back to. 

Scum of the fucking earth doing that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Maybe this could be a solution?

BBC.JPG

Coronavirus: Thousands volunteer to help NHS with vulnerable

Some 405,000 people have signed up in 24 hours to volunteer with the NHS after a recruitment drive to help the vulnerable amid the coronavirus crisis, the PM Boris Johnson has announced.

Speaking at his daily news conference, he said they would play an "absolutely crucial" role in fighting the virus.

The helpers are needed for delivering food and medicines, driving patients to appointments and phoning the isolated.

The scheme is one of a number aimed at relieving pressure on the NHS.

(READ MORE)

Where I am now, the local church groups have posted online, put up signs and announced in the local media that they are willing to help the elderly and vulnerable with shopping and doctor's visits, regardless of religious affiliation or non-affiliation.   :default_good:

• Like 1

Just now, dcfc2007 said:

Scum of the fucking earth doing that. 

They want us permanent staff out so that they can run it on temps. 

Only care about profit. People at the factory site have been diagnosed with it but its still open.

Sums it up.Dont give a f**k about us. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Noticed on the news tonight that rules are being slowly relaxed in Wu Han.

Some supermarkets opened up and some building sites are open for work again. Although everyone is still wearing masks etc and security and police are checking everyone’s health status on citizens Covid phone app.  

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

They want us permanent staff out so that they can run it on temps. 

Only care about profit. People at the factory site have been diagnosed with it but its still open.

Sums it up.Dont give a f**k about us. 

That's awful.

UK govt to blame as well. They have made a shitshow of Covid so far. They aren't even testing NHS staff.

They started with the idea of herd immunity and then did a U-turn.

I'd walk out.

2 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

That's awful.

UK govt to blame as well. They have made a shitshow of Covid so far. They aren't even testing NHS staff.

They started with the idea of herd immunity and then did a U-turn.

I'd walk out.

Soon we will all end up with it so they won't have any staff anyway, only takes one person to spread it who has come in as they fear losing their job. 

33 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Soon we will all end up with it so they won't have any staff anyway, only takes one person to spread it who has come in as they fear losing their job. 

Dont stress mate, you have shown you can beat a challenge ! You'll pass this one as well.

Resigning not a good idea, its not like 1000's of jobs will be around in the coming months.

Cheers.