COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

52 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Lung damage seen in recently asymptomatic coronavirus patient

Disturbing video shows how COVID-19 ravaged the lungs of a patient who had been asymptomatic
just days earlier.

Dr. Keith Mortman, the chief of thoracic surgery at George Washington University Hospital, said the
hospital created a 360-degree image of the lungs of a 59-year-old male patient who had been
generally healthy except for a history of high blood pressure
, CNN reported.

In the scans, the yellow areas, which highlight the infected and inflamed regions, cover both of the
lungs.

“This is a guy who’s minding his own business and gets it,” Mortman told CNN. “If we were to
repeat the [360-degree virtual reality images] now, that is one week later, there is a chance that the
infection and inflammatory process could be worse.”

The patient, who remains in critical condition in the ICU, has required a ventilator on the highest
setting to breathe, CNN reported.

Mortman said it’s not known whether the man will fully recover, since for some patients, the
damage has so far been irreversible

“I want people to see this and understand what this can do,” Mortman said. “People need to take
this seriously.” 
 Most do, except the "let 'er rip" brigade.

coronavirus-lungs-92

coronavirus-lungs-91

coronavirus-lungs-89

https://nypost.com/2020/03/26/lung-damage-seen-in-recently-asymptomatic-coronavirus-patient/

So if hypertension was the contributing factor...

During 2015–2016, the prevalence of hypertension was 29.0% and increased with age: age group 18–39, 7.5%; 40–59, 33.2%; and 60 and over, 63.1%.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db289.htm

I guess at least 1 in 3 of those 40yo or over should be in isolation.

Fyg, can you post something positive please. Like when England last won the Ashes! 

2 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

If its here in England your welcome to attend mate. 

On second thoughts.... Stay where you are! 😃

In Australia so we get to choose who can enter the country and who can't. Bye, bye Stokesy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fygjam said:

In Australia so we get to choose who can enter the country and who can't. Bye, bye Stokesy.

As well as bog rolls missing from your supermarket shelves how's the availability of sandpaper? 

Please don't tell me you aussies are man enough to wipe your arses on high grade sandpaper! 

Just kidding of course. Stay safe there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/27/2020 at 6:41 AM, Rompho Ray said:

That is precisely correct.  I also don't watch those stupid movies about weird epidemics, vampires, zombies, or other things many people seem to think are one step from true stories.

I was chatting with a plant safety officer at work today, trained EMT, former cop, etc.  He was agreeing with me 100% about this being overblown, about people not understanding how full their bodies and their entire WORLDS are with bacteria, viruses, fungi, etc.  Blamed it on the media same as me, etc. 

Like me, he also can't believe we're quarantining healthy people with no known risk factors, no positive test, etc., so that people with risk factors, including young folks who don't find out about their risk factors until it's too late or not at all, don't get sick.

We also chatted, and agreed, about the negative effect things like hand sanitizers, disinfectant sprays and wipes, etc. have on people. 

First, they give people a false sense of security that they live in a germ-free world, from which they are free to germ-shame and virtue signal toward those of us who know better and just want to get on with our lives.  These people would hurl themselves out a high-floor window if they had any clue about how rich the bacterial flora are in their lives, including in their bodies.

Also, the reduction in the bacteria and viruses in their environments in turn reduces the amount of bacteria and viruses their bodies have to confront.  This makes their immune systems weak and "lazy", because they aren't continuously generating antibodies and fighting off infections.  No telling how many "otherwise healthy young people" actually have immune systems weakened by decades or even an entire life spent douching themselves and everything around them with antiseptics.

IMO, COVID-19 is as much a sickness of our society as it is a sickness of the body.  It's a sick society that thinks their environment is germ-free or otherwise under their control, or could be.  It's a sick society that wants to blame other people for the objective reality of communicable diseases, at risk populations, and their own unwise social  behavior.  And, it's a sick society that believes government has a responsibility (let alone the ability) to protect them from the risks and potential outcomes represented by those objective realities.

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

As well as bog rolls missing from your supermarket shelves how's the availability of sandpaper? 

Please don't tell me you aussies are man enough to wipe your arses on high grade sandpaper! 

Just kidding of course. Stay safe there. 

Supermarkets back to normal, just max purchase limits on some items.

Bunnings, hardware chain, has introduced limits on some items but I don't think sandpaper is affected. People have finally discovered methylated spirits is basically ethanol (hand sanitizer).

19 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Supermarkets back to normal, just max purchase limits on some items.

Bunnings, hardware chain, has introduced limits on some items but I don't think sandpaper is affected. People have finally discovered methylated spirits is basically ethanol (hand sanitizer).

what will the homeless do when the price of meths goes up?  hardly fair 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

what will the homeless do when the price of meths goes up?  hardly fair 

I was surprised. Back in the old days methylated spirits used to be about 90% ethanol plus 10% methanol to discourage those who wished to imbibe it.

The SDS for Diggers methylated spirits as sold by Bunnings.

image.png

Just add a bit of sugar and glycerol/glycerine for mouth feel.

I think that's demin. for demineralised water and not a typo for demon water.

Edited by fygjam

4 minutes ago, fygjam said:

I was surprised. Back in the old days methylated spirits used to be about 90% ethanol plus 10% methanol to discourage those who wished to imbibe it.

The SDS for Diggers methylated spirits as sold by Bunnings.

image.png

Just add a bit of sugar and glycerol/glycerine for mouth feel.

I think that's demin. for demineralised water and not a typo for demon water.

damn and I just stocked up with scotch :)

1 hour ago, fforest said:

I agree with all of this ......Most people dont seem to want to do any thinking beyond what comes out of the T.V.....Its pretty sad really....I see plenty of other agendas being rolled out with the virus.....The saddest one is social distancing.......Whats the saying divide and conquer.....I dont see social distancing. being put back into the closet any time soon....

1000% agreed.

20 minutes ago, Sigi said:

Coronavirus outbreak: Indian police punish lockdown offenders with violence, push-ups

Should send a few of the police over to Victoria. 16% (12 out of 75) people served isolation orders weren't home when police checked.

27 minutes ago, roomark said:

I know it sounds fucking crazy , but are they just saying that to prove it can be beaten to the people?

Who knows what's real anymore.

He's probably just fed up doing those press conferences every day, woke up and decided to pull a sickie. He will Self isolate for 2 weeks and not have to answer any awkward questions he can't answer😀

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, roomark said:

I know it sounds fucking crazy , but are they just saying that to prove it can be beaten to the people?

Who knows what's real anymore.

I think its all just a big inside sick joke to claim so many very famous people have gotten Corona...

• Like 1