COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

7 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

For anybody that says this is just conspiracy theorist garbage. Yeah, remember when everyone called out Russia and Qatar buying off FIFA to host their respective world cups.

Tell it to our steadfast Libertarians on this board. 😀 ie...the cure is worse than the solution.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Fucking Hell, I'm not even surprised

Glad to see he's got his priorities right. 

The narcissist's narcissist!

Aye because Hilary Clinton would've been so much better in this situation. Her and her foundation have killed more people than Covid-19.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Aye because Hilary Clinton would've been so much better in this situation. Her and her foundation have killed more people than Covid-19.

I couldn't give two fucks about Hilary Clinton, her foundation or anything to do with her. 

I'm responding to a post about Trump. 

If Hilary Clinton or whomever else was in charge had posted what Trump just did in the current situation, I'd have said the exact same about them. 

Some brilliant Northern Ireland whataboutery there ...

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

I couldn't give two fucks about Hilary Clinton, her foundation or anything to do with her. 

I'm responding to a post about Trump. 

If Hilary Clinton or whomever else was in charge had posted what Trump just did in the current situation, I'd have said the exact same about them. 

Some brilliant Northern Ireland whataboutery there ...

What was narcissistic about what he said. He was spot on. If more people listened to him we would have this crisis under control. orange man bad I guess.

2 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

What was narcissistic about what he said. He was spot on. If more people listened to him we would have this crisis under control. orange man bad I guess.

His country just passed China for total infections....and he had a months head start.

We are under control here in Canada.Just South,they are not.So should we listen to him?

Just now, dcfc2007 said:

No, now you're just being obtuse. 

I don't give a f**k about Trump either, I'm ambivalent towards him. 

Though those tweets speak for themselves. 

Goodnight!

3 hours ago, Krapow said:

My hands are breaking out like dermatitis due to the incessant washing.

Occupational hazard for OCD sufferers! 😃

You're in elite company.

Covid-19 is making some athletes with OCD scrub their hands down to the underlying muscle and tissue

Postponing Tokyo 2020 will have provided a sense of relief to many Olympians but the delay in the decision will have unnecessarily perpetuated the anxiety levels of athletes, many of whom suffer from clinical Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), according to a leading sports psychiatrist.

"These individuals are exceedingly worried about contamination and germs and infection at a baseline. And you add this and it can really throw things out the control.
"And some athletes have sent me pictures of their hands literally scrubbed down to the underlying muscle and tissue. And it's not necessarily fear that they're going to become ill themselves but fear that they're going to contaminate others. That can be quite disturbing."

5 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

Thanks for the link. Very good info in the article. What's cool is they provide a link for the modeling software they used to generate Chart 3. Using that software you can do you your own what if analysis based on new estimates of some of the inputs used in the article.

This fantastic epidemic calculator can help you understand what will happen under different scenarios. I’ve pasted below the graph the key factors that determine the behavior of the virus. Note that infected, in pink, peak in the tens of millions at a certain date. Most variables have been kept from the default. The only material changes are R from 2.2 to 2.4 (corresponds better to currently available information. See at the bottom of the epidemic calculator), fatality rate (4% due to healthcare system collapse. See details below or in the previous article), length of hospital stay (down from 20 to 10 days) and hospitalization rate (down from 20% to 14% based on severe and critical cases. Note the WHO calls out a 20% rate) based on our most recently available gathering of research. Note that these numbers don’t change results much. The only change that matters is the fatality rate.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

NYT.JPG

Trump Extends Social Distancing Guidelines to April 30 as U.S. Cases Top 140,000

The global count has passed 700,000, an official warns Britain that some kind of lockdown may last for months and Joe Biden urges mail-in elections.

Back from a walk and a drink at the beach cantine.

2 tables with expats, 2 or 3 with tourists.

Still relax, but you can see the fear starting to set in with the waitresses. One asked me "This is going to last 2 or 3 months ? 

Later dropped by at the supermarket, and there fear is at 75% . Bule wearing masks, guy behind me at the cashier kept 3m distance, etc ..... And you can see the fear on most faces.

Give it one more week and it's trembling mode.

Frog is still stable. Inshallah.

3 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

NYT.JPG

Trump Extends Social Distancing Guidelines to April 30 as U.S. Cases Top 140,000

The global count has passed 700,000, an official warns Britain that some kind of lockdown may last for months and Joe Biden urges mail-in elections.

Was bound to happen and the right call to make.  

Will be interesting to see how the markets react.. 

UK restrictions to last at least six months but there may be temporary periods of easening. Looks like international travel is going to be severely restricted for the next six months as well.

travel restrictions should have happened 3 months ago in China and the rest of the world wouldn’t be in the shit now . 

so called exports have nothing better to do now only pick number out if their ass of the number of people that are going to die 

• Thumbs Up 1

Things picking up speed here, after a long period of inaction.

Rapatriation flights for tourists arranged by several countries :

https://coconuts.co/bali/news/hundreds-of-foreign-nationals-leave-bali-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/

Bali regional government asking people not to travel back to their village. Same situation as Thailand but worse as nearly everybody here is working for the tourist industry in one way or another :

https://coconuts.co/bali/news/denpasar-mayor-urges-city-residents-to-stay-at-home-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/

The ressort I am living in has 30 bungalows, only 2 occupied. Me and another guy on a very long holiday.