COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

went to the doctor this morning and got a flu needle,heard on tv last night that there has been nearly 4 times as many death this year world wide from the flu than the virus.something like 162000 from the flu,

doctors says that iam in the high risk mob so just do what the CMO recomends,stay indoors and keep social distance if I have to leave house.

stay safe BMs.hope all of your families stay safe.

regards

grayray

PS.

watched a great youtube today from Toon and Leigh about Toons life, living in UK,she is a straight to the point talker,loved the utube

• Like 2

Went for some groceries shopping in Sanur this morning.

Everything is closed except the supermarkets and minimarts. Even the banks, but ATM still working.

Very understandable as there is near to ZERO tourist around, the few people I saw in the supermarket were / looked like residents, with maybe 10 tourist.

Cashiers in one of the supermarkets have the masks and a plastic screen separating them from the customer. In the 2 others, nothing. Much more user friendly, BTW ....

For the rest I would say 25% of people have masks. In the supermarkets the "bule" (white) tends to keep a distance, majority is Australian. Old frog will maybe wear one on his dead bed, but not now. I am too handsome, it would be a shame to hide it. For the distances, well if somebody want to stand 3m behind me, up to him...

We did our shopping relax, had a large Bintang in the small bar inside the supermarket after that, but not much tottie to look at. 

No more taxis roaming the streets and chasing the tourists, good to have the app to call one or a Grab. 

Considering tourism is the only income here, this is really bad for the local people. Minimum I could do (and did) is giving extra tips to the waitresses and the taxi drivers.

Still working but a little apprehensive as some of my co workers are on 80 percent salary and sitting at home. I actually would be happy with 80 percent of my salary sitting at home.

Delivered food to a hospital yesterday and after walking through the corridors saw a couple of the hospital porters hugging each other for a laugh, made me step aside somewhat. I am not worried by my own cleanliness but I am worried by those I need to interact with even with a 'supposed' social distancing rule in play. Wife and daughter ask me not to work......

Moreno's family belonged to a Pentecostal church, but he wasn't known to have extreme religious or political views. "On Facebook, just days before the incident involving her husband, Moreno’s wife updated her Facebook profile picture with a message in Spanish telling people to stay home because of COVID-19," says this article (Here’s what you need to know about Eduardo Moreno and the incident).  A longer excerpt:

4. Moreno’s Wife Said in a GoFundMe Campaign for Her Husband, ‘Eddie Is Not Hurt Physically But Isn’t With Us at This Time

eddie moreno california

FacebookEddie Moreno and his wife.

In the aftermath of the train crash and Eddie Moreno’s arrest, his wife started a GoFundMe to ask for help for his family. Eddie Moreno is the father of two young sons, according to his Facebook profile. His wife wrote on the GoFundMe campaign page:

We need all the help we can get. If you can find it in your heart to give, any amount is appreciated more than you will ever know. My family will forever be indebted to you. Eddie is not hurt physically but isn’t with us at this time. I feel like my world has been turned upside down. Please share this with your friends and Eddies friends. Many of you know him and he would give anyone the shirt off his back. All the money raised will be to help him and us to get through this.

Another family member wrote on Facebook, “my brother and his fam are in need of help if you know my brother you’d know what a good hearted person and has fallen into some difficult times what ever you can give plz anything will help. Best believe bro I’ll do what I can for you no matter what.”

50 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Still working but a little apprehensive as some of my co workers are on 80 percent salary and sitting at home. I actually would be happy with 80 percent of my salary sitting at home.

Delivered food to a hospital yesterday and after walking through the corridors saw a couple of the hospital porters hugging each other for a laugh, made me step aside somewhat. I am not worried by my own cleanliness but I am worried by those I need to interact with even with a 'supposed' social distancing rule in play. Wife and daughter ask me not to work......

Just had a call from my manager saying that all temps are being sent home and 45% of us permanents are being put on the 80% salary furlough. 

Fucking hope I'm on that 45% list. 😀

Should find out by the end of the week. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

22 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

Not sure we could do that here with the ho hum attitude of Canadians.

Hockey rink maybe.👍

Building it was the easy part, staffing it is going to be really difficult, as NHS frontline staff are going down all over the place and the recalled retired nurses etc will have to be re-trained.

Plus, the shortage of full respirators and PPE is a real issue. 🙁

20 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I read recently surgical masks and rubber gloves .. don't know why though ... it is all shit from China ( I think ) ....

Putin has sent a plane load of stuff (possibly PPE)  to America, that'll please his mate Trump.

5 hours ago, fygjam said:

Well anyone who thinks Alex Jones is right about anything is a definite loon.

A lot of people are convinced Alex Jones doesn't actually believe the nonsense he spouts; it's simply a gimmick to attract support. Conspiracy theories have made him very rich, mainly through the sale of dietary supplements and survivalist gear that he touts on his radio program and social media.  According to court documents in connection with a divorce case,  Jones' operations had  $20 million in revenues and netted him $5 million in 2014 alone.

It's incredible- and scary- so many people take him seriously and spend hard-earned dollars to support his lavish lifestyle.  The Attorney General of New York has ordered Jones to stop selling fake coronavirus treatments (LINK).  It's despicable he'd even try to make money in that fashion.  He shouldn't have any supporters left at all.

Evil

Capture.JPG

32 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Went in M&S this morning and they had bog roll for the first time since the panic buying. 

Was down to my last roll and a half so bought a 4 pack. 

We were lucky in regard to bog roll,we get it from a Waitrose store about 7 miles away & just before the lunacy started I had to pick up a case of wine from there so stocked up with bog roll at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

A lot of people are convinced Alex Jones doesn't actually believe the nonsense he spouts; it's simply a gimmick to attract support. Conspiracy theories have made him very rich, mainly through the sale of dietary supplements and survivalist gear that he touts on his radio program and social media.  According to court documents in connection with a divorce case,  Jones' operations had  $20 million in revenues and netted him $5 million in 2014 alone.

It's incredible- and scary- so many people take him seriously and spend hard-earned dollars to support his lavish lifestyle.  The Attorney General of New York has ordered Jones to stop selling fake coronavirus treatments (LINK).  It's despicable he'd even try to make money in that fashion.  He shouldn't have any supporters left at all.

Evil

Capture.JPG

Modern day conman, fleecing the gullible, easy lead misfits, wanting to a sense of belonging, to fit in and be accepted in something. 

On a par with those 'pastors' doing the same with the same 'client pool', whether it be Nigerian happy clappy numbers, or American evangelical ones. 

Low self esteem feeds a lot of it ...

• Thumbs Up 1

Incredible briefing from the UK health secretary this afternoon.

Wrote off £13.5 billions worth of NHS debt and told Premier League soccer players the least they should do it take a pay-cut and contribute. Also confirmed the possibility of people having immunity certificates in the future.

Any of these on a normal day would have made front page news, all of these 3 in the space of 30 minutes

Interesting times

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Went in M&S this morning and they had bog roll for the first time since the panic buying. 

Was down to my last roll and a half so bought a 4 pack. 

I haven't been out shopping yet, but am told my local Tesco's still hasn't any toilet rolls.

Fortunately I brought 5 rolls home from the 7 11. :default_fun:

• Haha 2