COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

On 4/5/2020 at 3:05 AM, Krapow said:

5G masts getting torched in the UK because apparently they're the source of the virus.

You'd wonder how some get through an education system being so thick.

Then again, you just have to read some of the posts on here.

Waken up sheeple :default_1087:

2D148F9D-0DA9-4B09-9761-1F56F1F85F2B.jpeg.b5dd5eb277a8d834ae642e1467509d00.jpg

e.... 

Edited by fforest

2 minutes ago, fforest said:

Krapow you love to poo poo any information about Corona that does not come from the talk heads on Fox news.....If you choose to ignore the MOUNTAIN of evidence that that there are some powerful men out there with bad intentions towards humanity......Then keep on drinking the kool aid and watching Fox news...

5G is no joke.... 

^^^^^  Personally I don't think Fox news is so bad compared to CNN, MSNBC, CBS and ABC .. I especially like Lou Dobbs

• Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, fforest said:

Krapow you love to poo poo any information about Corona that does not come from the talk heads on Fox news.....If you choose to ignore the MOUNTAIN of evidence that that there are some powerful men out there with bad intentions towards humanity......Then keep on drinking the kool aid and watching Fox news...

5G is no joke.... 

Again!

Who and why?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, fforest said:

5G is no joke.... 

😂 

Fox News lol, have a day off ffs. I'd rather hang myself than watch that shite!

Is there any conspiracy at all you don't believe in? Your post above is comical in so many ways. 

Britons stuck in Asia with mounting costs

Nick Cross and his partner are among thousands of Britons stuck in Asia, unable to board flights home.

Shortly after their arrival in Cambodia in mid-March, Thailand imposed new restrictions on foreigners, meaning they'd need a medical certificate to be allowed in to the country.

They went to a doctor to get the certificate, and then headed to Phnom Penh to try to connect with their flight home from Bangkok.

But Nick says two of the flights they booked to Bangkok were cancelled. They were then denied boarding on a third because airline officials said their certificates did not show a negative Covid-19 test.

He is now helping organise more than 260 British people trapped in Cambodia, lobbying the UK embassy to find a way out for them.

The embassy is telling them to take whatever commercial options they can. But Nick says they are now short of funds, after booking four flights which were cancelled and getting no refunds yet, worth around £5,000 ($6,150).

Unless he can be sure he won’t lose it on yet another cancelled flight, Nick said he wants to preserve what funds he has left to survive if they get stuck for many weeks. He says there are other British travellers with health conditions who are very low on funds and in urgent need of assistance.

British diplomats in the region say they are exploring every possible option to get stranded UK travellers home, and are lobbying the airlines to lay on extra flights, at a reasonable cost. There are thought to be around 2-3,000 in Thailand, around 70 left in Laos, and a few hundred in the Philippines.

51 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Britons stuck in Asia with mounting costs

Nick Cross and his partner are among thousands of Britons stuck in Asia, unable to board flights home.

Shortly after their arrival in Cambodia in mid-March, Thailand imposed new restrictions on foreigners, meaning they'd need a medical certificate to be allowed in to the country.

They went to a doctor to get the certificate, and then headed to Phnom Penh to try to connect with their flight home from Bangkok.

But Nick says two of the flights they booked to Bangkok were cancelled. They were then denied boarding on a third because airline officials said their certificates did not show a negative Covid-19 test.

He is now helping organise more than 260 British people trapped in Cambodia, lobbying the UK embassy to find a way out for them.

The embassy is telling them to take whatever commercial options they can. But Nick says they are now short of funds, after booking four flights which were cancelled and getting no refunds yet, worth around £5,000 ($6,150).

Unless he can be sure he won’t lose it on yet another cancelled flight, Nick said he wants to preserve what funds he has left to survive if they get stuck for many weeks. He says there are other British travellers with health conditions who are very low on funds and in urgent need of assistance.

British diplomats in the region say they are exploring every possible option to get stranded UK travellers home, and are lobbying the airlines to lay on extra flights, at a reasonable cost. There are thought to be around 2-3,000 in Thailand, around 70 left in Laos, and a few hundred in the Philippines.

Got a few pals in Bangkok that could have got home a couple of weeks ago,  they thought  they would just have a couple of weeks extended holiday and it would be over by now😂

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, JPK said:

Got a few pals in Bangkok that could have got home a couple of weeks ago,  they thought  they would just have a couple of weeks extended holiday and it would be over by now😂

Each to their own, I know some have said they'd rather currently be in Thailand, but not for me, even with a Condo and able to stay with inlaws if required. 

14 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

Nick didn't think that through very well. If he had any common sense, he'd be home right now. I can't muster up any sympathy here. I think some of this story is missing like how he knew it was time to leave but tried to squeeze more holiday in but it backfired. Buying all those flights only to be cancelled is baffling to me. Wonder how long he waited between purchases. Jezuss!

Yes, be interesting to know when Nick first arrived ...

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Each to their own, I know some have said they'd rather currently be in Thailand, but not for me, even with a Condo and able to stay with inlaws if required. 

He arrived in Cambodia in Mid March; that of course does not indicate the date he first arrived in Thailand.  Additionally it does not indicate whether the couple had a return ticket back to the UK; that said nothing to suggest they did not.

As I understand it, passengers transiting through Bangkok airport do not require further documentation if the flight they enter BKK on lands within 12 hours of the departure of their ongoing flight.  It looks as though they intended to enter Thailand and for this a certificate that they have been tested for the virus with a negative result and a fairly precisely form of medical insurance are both required.

I also suspect that they flew to Cambodia on a sepparate ticket to their main flight into Asia from UK.  Leaving Thailand during this crisis is risky.  There was a story that did the rounds a couple of weeks back when passenger(s) flew from Malisia into Bangkok and were refused entry.  On arrival back at Malasia they were refused entry there too,

I have only been back in UK for less than a week.  I was rescheduled by my airline onto another airpline.  Whilst contacting the airline was difficult it was possible by a chat line and once through it took less than two minutes for the operator to re schedule my flight.

There are flights available from Pnomh Penh to LHR, mainly Korean Air over the next two weeks, but of course if booking a new one way flight there is a significant cost.

There is a lot of unknows about Nick and his flights but whilst I have sympathy for him I think he has not acted wisely.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Arrived in Cambodia mid March....I think the writing was pretty much on the wall by then.We were going to fly to Thailand in February but cancelled due to the lurg.I know they're British citizens but surely the government can't be responsible for people who exhibit no common dog f**k?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

23 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Arrived in Cambodia mid March....I think the writing was pretty much on the wall by then.We were going to fly to Thailand in February but cancelled due to the lurg.I know they're British citizens but surely the government can't be responsible for people who exhibit no common dog f**k?

Yes, I think you are right ....

Pretty hard for me to have any sympathy for people like this ... and then on top of it for them to " expect or demand " their government to step in and rescue them ...

If Nick and his friends had even a small part of a brain they would find a nice place on the beach / sea in Cambo ( Sok San, Coral Beach, Koh Rong Samloen, Kep Beach to name a few ) and ride the storm out .... without a care in the world

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

Nick didn't think that through very well. If he had any common sense, he'd be home right now. I can't muster up any sympathy here. I think some of this story is missing like how he knew it was time to leave but tried to squeeze more holiday in but it backfired. Buying all those flights only to be cancelled is baffling to me. Wonder how long he waited between purchases. Jezuss!

The British government and their respective embassys have been fantastic in organising repatriation flights all over the world. There has been plenty of warning, Brits were told to get home if they can, same as yanks. I have no sympathy for Nick whatsoever. Sounds like a typical member of the 'what do you mean no' generation.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

Lockdowns predicted to last around 3 months. Austria today announced it will start lifting restrictions from the 14th of April, with a 'full restart' of the economy on may 1st.

Screenshot_20200406_144014.jpg

If this is correct I think Thailand will be roughly 1-2 weeks behind the UK.