COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Those working in there are doing their job, The one they choose, learned and applied for.

Same as firefigthers, military etc.

The word "heroic" is used a bit too generously nowadays.

They deserve respect yes for sure, but a V.C. ? Come on .....

I did say "something akin to the VC". Not to disrespect those heroes that actually gained that medal. 

After watching that footage from the BBC, there is no way I'm entering a room like that unless I'm a patient. Just imagine working there or any other hospital. Waking up in a morning to go to work in those conditions. Not just frightening for yourself but also for your family at home. 

Personally, I'd be shitting myself and I'm a soft fecker and I'd ring in sick. 

There are different types of heros surley. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Arrived in Cambodia mid March....I think the writing was pretty much on the wall by then.We were going to fly to Thailand in February but cancelled due to the lurg.I know they're British citizens but surely the government can't be responsible for people who exhibit no common dog f**k?

Agreed - I flew at a similar time, but was fully aware that it likely meant spending several months here with very little option to return.  The writing was certainly on the wall, but I admire their response.

7 hours ago, nampla69 said:

103 people for a six figure sum it also says so £11,000 minimum each for a one way flight. No wonder Malaysian airlines helped out.

£100,000 divided by 103 is £971 minimum each.  They could easily have cut what they paid in half if they filled the plane, which with a bit of Embassy support it sounds like they could have done.

6 hours ago, john luke said:

You must excuse my cynicism but this is the account of one person, Jerry Lewis.  Nothing at all appears to have either been questioned or is corroborated by other information.

When the Emirates flight was cancelled, I would have thought that the obvious course of action taken by a ticket holder would be to contact Emirates and see what they had planned for re scheduling.  This does not appear to have been done.

The concept of an individial in effect starting the process of chartering an aircraft and then expecting the Embassy (which is funded by UK tax payers) to take it over is in my opinion an unreasonable course of action.

I for one am not suprised that staff at the Embassy followed their operating procedures.

The story seems to be corroborated now so does that change your view?  Given the story is indeed accurate, I personally think the guy has been stupid to start with but has excelled himself in the follow up.  The British Embassy, unsurprisingly, haven't realised that their standard operating procedures should have been consigned to the dustbin given the current situation.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

agreed.  and here too, thai nurses, of which my step daughter is one, scared witless but doin their jobs.  anyone who doesnt get it, is kinda sad in my mind

and you are of course still in that cocoon of misbelief.  I am sad for you,seriously as you display every sign of someone who is so miserable and negative that it oozes from your pores.. they didnt sign up to deal with an epidemic which is killing medics.  i am only glad that your tin shack in the indo jungle keeps you away from the truth and, hopefully, the illness as otherwise we will suddenly be reading your complaints that you dont get nursed or treatment  and that will be everybody elses fault too.    As people here lose friends to this illness, perhaps, as requested, you could stop being the way you are sometime and, as previously requested, wind your neck in just a little bit  thx

Hahaha....first of all, I am in Bali with a 25m pool, the beach and my fav beach restaurant at 10 min from my place....

Dont be jalous, just relax and enjoy your paradise.

This being said what I write is MY view, and contrary to the majority here I dont claim my view is the Bible's words....

As for me being sad...you got that wrong as well.

And your last phrase would have been right in place on Shhhh forum...

Have a great day !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Wonder if the ISP ( Internet Service Providers ) are up to the task as well ?

No,but I cancelled my service to the gym today.

my bill is $236 a month,and there is a $70 reconnections fee when we want to get going again.

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

agreed.  and here too, thai nurses, of which my step daughter is one, scared witless but doin their jobs.  anyone who doesnt get it, is kinda sad in my mind

and you are of course still in that cocoon of misbelief.  I am sad for you,seriously as you display every sign of someone who is so miserable and negative that it oozes from your pores.. they didnt sign up to deal with an epidemic which is killing medics.  i am only glad that your tin shack in the indo jungle keeps you away from the truth and, hopefully, the illness as otherwise we will suddenly be reading your complaints that you dont get nursed or treatment  and that will be everybody elses fault too.    As people here lose friends to this illness, perhaps, as requested, you could stop being the way you are sometime and, as previously requested, wind your neck in just a little bit  thx

what is it Tommy?

that if we all don't follow your views we have to "wind your neck in"

TS just marches to the beat of a different drum.

his views are just as important as anyone elses on the forum,

fellow BMs if you cant handle the frogs views on most things DON'T BLOODY READ THEM

what a boring forum if we were all GTSs [goodie two shoes].

I read all of his posts,some I agree with,some I could not care a frig about.

but what is that saying? about "I might not agree with all things you say,but will defend to the death your right to say them".

something along those lines.

regards

grayray

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, grayray said:

what is it Tommy?

that if we all don't follow your views we have to "wind your neck in"

TS just marches to the beat of a different drum.

his views are just as important as anyone elses on the forum,

fellow BMs if you cant handle the frogs views on most things DON'T BLOODY READ THEM

what a boring forum if we were all GTSs [goodie two shoes].

I read all of his posts,some I agree with,some I could not care a frig about.

but what is that saying? about "I might not agree with all things you say,but will defend to the death your right to say them".

something along those lines.

regards

grayray

As a Moderator I guess he has to read all the posts.

At the point where people are posting that they are worried about their own families, their parents, daughters e.t.c,  we should respect those feelings.

If you were in a pub, and a mate who you hadn't seen in a while comes in and starts to tell you his child is in hospital. He then says what a heroic job the nurses are doing, and that they should be paid far more and given a medal for their services.

You actually think that that's what the nurses signed up for, and they should just get on with it.

Are you really going to tell him that?

Your are not obviously.

Nothing to do with free speech, it's basic human decency.

• Like 1

The governor of the state of New Mexico just announced the closure of all liquor stores in the state. I think toilet paper just got knocked down to number 7 on everyone " Must Have " list

Edited by thumper63
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

The governor of the state of New Mexico just announced the closure of all liquor stores in the state. I think toilet paper just got knocked down to number 7 on everyone " Must Have " list

Where do firearms and ammunition rate?

52 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

At the point where people are posting that they are worried about their own families, their parents, daughters e.t.c,  we should respect those feelings.

If you were in a pub, and a mate who you hadn't seen in a while comes in and starts to tell you his child is in hospital. He then says what a heroic job the nurses are doing, and that they should be paid far more and given a medal for their services.

You actually think that that's what the nurses signed up for, and they should just get on with it.

Your are not obviously.

Not really the point, but anyway....

Noted that I am a cruel, indecent, non caring person....

But you know what ? Think whatever you want. ......

You see my difference of approach ?

25 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Where do firearms and ammunition rate?

Only a tourist would ask such a silly question of the Wild West. Guns and ammo aren't even on the list. Guns and ammo were well stocked up on way before anyone ever heard of this virus. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

Only a tourist would ask such a silly question of the Wild West. Guns and ammo aren't even on the list. Guns and ammo were well stocked up on way before anyone ever heard of this virus. 

Now if only you could remember where you put the keys to the bomb shelter. :default_biggrin:

6 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Now if only you could remember where you put the keys to the bomb shelter. :default_biggrin:

Hahaha.....I remember those days back in the mid to late sixties.  At school it was duck and cover drills daily.  A lot of our neighbors installed underground shelters stocked with bedding, food water and toiletries.  My dad decided to put in a swimming pool instead. I was happy with his decision. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

Hahaha.....I remember those days back in the mid to late sixties.  At school it was duck and cover drills daily.  A lot of our neighbors installed underground shelters stocked with bedding, food water and toiletries.  My dad decided to put in a swimming pool instead. I was happy with his decision. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Krapow said:

You're incredibly callous, as proven all through this crisis 

The Doctor's and Nurses must be going into work shitting themselves knowing many of their colleagues have caught it and died, nevermind their families, children worried sick about them. We even have some nurses committed suicide. 

But to you it's nothing more than doing their job. 

Headshaking stuff at times ...

In Germany Nurses receive a special Corona bonus of 1,500 euros tax free

Because of their special burden in the Corona crisis, nurses receive a special bonus of 1,500 euros. The Verdi trade union and the Federal Association of Employers in the Nursing Industry agreed on this.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Not really the point, but anyway....

Noted that I am a cruel, indecent, non caring person....

But you know what ? Think whatever you want. ......

You see my difference of approach ?

You missed out misogynist.

11 minutes ago, Jambo said:

You missed out misogynist.

Hahaha......  That is really a stupid comment....

Now had you said "a bit macho" I could have agreed !

"Misogyny (/mɪˈsɒɪni/) is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls. Misogyny manifests in numerous ways, including social exclusion, sex discrimination, hostility, androcentrism, patriarchy, male privilege, belittling of women, disenfranchisement of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification.[1][2] Misogyny can be found within sacred texts of religions, mythologies, and Western philosophy[1][3] and Eastern philosophy."

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

No,but I cancelled my service to the gym today.

my bill is $236 a month,and there is a $70 reconnections fee when we want to get going again.

jeez .. almost 250$ USD per month .... must be a f***king great gym with a lot of "snatch" running around .....

I am thinking you did the right thing !

4 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Your are not obviously.

yes we all have family in the eye of danger in some form or other.

I have 8members of my family [nephews/nieces]all sacked from there jobs in hotels/clubs,with 2 only buying houses in last 6 mths.and a younger sister a nurse aide,so I understand others,but I see TSs saying that they[nurses/first responders are only doing their jobs that they getting paid for,

is his views,not mine I have had a BM who I trust,tells me he TS "is a first class bloke,straight to the point,a bloke that would go to war for you" that is good enough for me

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray