COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

5 hours ago, roobob said:

No problem marching to your own beat of the drum mate...I am sure we all do.

There are some lines you do not cross.. even in the advocate of free speech.

To the comment he made about the front line personal in this current crises …. what would happen if he walked into a pub in your area and said the same openly if family of said workers were present. I know what would have happened in my local.... maybe yours would be different.

The comment was not called for...totally unnecessary...… these people are out there doing their best...working long hours...or as we aussies say...working their arse off..... to give their support and expertise to the general public.

If you want to stick up for someone who is happy to fob off their efforts in this critical time as...… they are only doing their job..... well mate.... I thought better of you.

cheers 

in my local he would soon get short shift,

he was in his non English way,he was a bit blunt,i was sticking up for him because in these emotional times,he was a bit straight to the point blunt.his version of heros is different from others,so be it.

he certainly ruffles certain blokes feathers

thing is that I believe in straight talking,and I don't agree with what he says,but will defend to the death bla.bla.

sometimes mate as a aussie  we have to sort the wheat from the chaff,

I will stand by him because a good mate says he is OK,and you being a aussie would well understand that is good enough to except a stranger.

and reckon half the time he is taking the piss,something that I thought the pom BMs would well understand.

each to his own

regards

grayray

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 9:29 AM, Thai Spice said:

Those working in there are doing their job, The one they choose, learned and applied for.

Same as firefigthers, military etc.

The word "heroic" is used a bit too generously nowadays.

They deserve respect yes for sure, but a V.C. ? Come on .....

ROOBOB.

what is the words that you and others got all emotional about in TS post?

regards

grayray

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, roobob said:

If your life is so great... why do continually need to post on Thailand related forums.... continually knock the place and have shots at BMs who have a happy family life/relationships with their Thais partner either living here or overseas in their home countries.  

The jealous one is you...as can be seen over the time since you made a big song and dance of moving to live in Indonesia. I reckon you have realized  that you have made the wrong decision in the move there and would rather be in Thailand but are to stubborn to admit you made the mistake so take your misery out on others who are enjoying their Thailand life or with their partners else where. You must have really got burnt before and still have not got over it..

As for your comment about the front line personal in this current crises … well it just confirms what you are all about....what values you hold in life...…. says it all really. I wonder if you will hold the same thought of they are "just doing their job" if one of your immediate family comes down with the virus and I hope that is not the case.

Anyway... you enjoy Bali with all your friends..... but going by all your postings.... you always seem to be sitting by your self like a lonely old bitter man... I wonder why that is.

cheers 

Blablabla.....

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bazle said:

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/04/08/israel-health-minister-that-said-the-coronavirus-was-divine-punishment-for-homosexuality-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

Israel Health Minister that said the coronavirus was ‘Divine punishment for homosexuality’ tests positive for Covid-19

🙂😀🙂

He has the virus, but didn't say that 

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I'm coming in here late guys.... but alive and well.

Heard a story about some train engineer in San Diego who flipped out a caused a fucking freight train wreck possibly trying to crash it into a boat hospital that was just off shore near the tracks. 

Fucking nut cases everywhere.

You’re about as late as that train is gonna be. 🤣

7 minutes ago, fforest said:

The federal government is classifying the deaths of patients infected with the coronavirus as COVID-19 deaths, regardless of any underlying health issues that could have contributed to the loss of someone’s life.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/feds-classify-all-coronavirus-patient-deaths-as-covid-19-deaths/

Not sure what alternative method they could use. No doubt some of those that died from COVID-19 would have died anyway from the underlying health issue. Just a question of how much sooner they died because of the COVID-19.

They have a pretty good statistical base of avg deaths per month based on various health issues. Those numbers will undoubtedly drop now due to the classification of death due to COVID-19. The difference will then tell us how many additional deaths were due to COVID-19.

Interesting comments from a Home Office advisor yesterday as he encouraged passport office employees to return to work:

You are no more at risk at the workplace as you would be in your home or at the supermarket. It is about minimising it

We are working on the assessment that 80% of us, if we haven't already, will get the virus

We cannot hide away from it forever

If he's correct, then a lot more people could be at work and for those that can't, it might not be as long as you think.

1 hour ago, fforest said:

The federal government is classifying the deaths of patients infected with the coronavirus as COVID-19 deaths, regardless of any underlying health issues that could have contributed to the loss of someone’s life.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/feds-classify-all-coronavirus-patient-deaths-as-covid-19-deaths/

You guys who hang onto the "underlying causes" crack me up.

I swear, if you were pathologists examining a gunshot victim you'd determine the cause of death as

10% undiagnosed brain aneurysm
35% atherosclerosis
30% cirrhosis of the liver
5% alopecia
20% gunshot through the heart

And if you were the defence lawyer representing the perpetrator you'd be asking for a reduction in sentence because the victim was 80% dead already.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Krapow said:

Absolutely, not only are they risking their own life every day. 

But imagine coming home from work not knowing if you are carrying the virus and passing it on to your wife/husband and children, potentially killing them. 

Fucking horrendous what they are going through, mentally and physically. 

But they are doing it day in, day out, the very least we can do acknowledge what an incredible job they are doing for us all.  

She is usually strictly an OR nurse,but because they are doing very little surgeries ,she has volunteered.......yes,volunteered to go back into the General population of the hospital.

Anyone that doesn’t think these peeps are heroes,needs a real thump upside the melon. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

9 hours ago, Krapow said:

Glad to hear you're alive and well, my man!

And yes, it's one of the reasons why i despise those conspiracy fuckwits, because the gullible, easy led sometimes act out on them and this can be the consequences. Thankfully it wasn't a whole lot worse.

We even had a 'half attempted' justification post about it on this very thread a few pages back. 

Fucking nut cases everywhere, alright!

And I will continue to expose stupidity and the fukwits behind it whenever I choose. Be they anti-vaxxers, flat-earthers, creationists, deep staters or whatever. They are dangerous people and others need to be aware that they walk among us.

I can't understand why some are so afraid of these people and their lies being exposed.

And, of course, there's the "unseen hand".

Like the fruitless search for the coronavirus "patient zero" we may never know where the conspiracy
theory falsely linking 5G communications networks with the COVID-19 pandemic first arose. But a more
important question is this: who took a fringe conspiracy theory and promoted it to a global online audience
now numbering in the millions?

The answer is not difficult to fathom. Although recently taken up by celebrities and spread widely online,
the 5G theory first gained prominence thanks largely to the worldwide anti-vaccination movement, which
took up conspiratorial messaging originally spread by the Kremlin.

https://allianceforscience.cornell.edu/blog/2020/04/anti-vaxxers-and-russia-behind-viral-5g-covid-conspiracy-theory/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Krapow said:

936 people just died from coronavirus in the UK alone today, so sadly they didn't, RIP.

Today it was revealed that, like Italy, the US has been counting everyone who dies WITH coronavirus to have died OF coronavirus.  So, for example, if you were in hospital with terminal cancer with days to live, and you contracted the Bat Soup Flu and died, voila!  You died of Bat Soup Flu.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/04/08/dr_birx_unlike_some_countries_if_someone_dies_with_covid-19_we_are_counting_that_as_a_covid-19_death.html
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

Is the UK doing the same thing?  Is that worth checking?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fygjam said:

...anti-vaxxers, flat-earthers, creationists, deep staters or whatever. They are dangerous people and others need to be aware that they walk among us.

Out of curiosity, who are flat-earthers and creationists dangerous to exactly?

3 hours ago, fygjam said:

I swear, if you were pathologists examining a gunshot victim you'd determine the cause of death as...etc.

Not a bad analogy, except here the Bat Soup Flu is the alopecia.  It kills almost nobody absent another cause.

image.png

Edited by Rompho Ray

4 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

Out of curiosity, who are flat-earthers and creationists dangerous to exactly?

I'd say students for one if they (the flat-earthers and creationists) held teaching positions.

Just now, fygjam said:

I'd say students for one if they (the flat-earthers and creationists) held teaching positions.

I hardly see either group "dangerous" in that case.  Considering the outlandish propaganda and misinformation our students are already being subjected to, a teacher challenging the orthodoxy on either of these topics would be harmless by comparison.  

BTW, many consider "evolution" an unproven hypothesis for various reasons.  I find some of their arguments intriguing, and I hold a healthy skepticism toward any orthodoxy whose proponents want to shut down all debate about it, including evolution.

• Like 1