COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

16 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Hey mate I just read on the Korat FB site they're banning booze sales up there soon - best you get some in pronto!

WTF, yep wifey's just confirmed the news from our morning 8am tannoy but the ban is from tomorrow the 11th until the 18th April. I'm so glad we went shopping yesterday to Makro and stocked up :default_party-smiley-048:should have enough for a couple of weeks but after that 😬

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Starshine said:

Cropped_image_20200410_152131_2648276877968445545.png

Some of these won't go to the beach, park etc but will instead crouch over their computer and post shit on the internet.  Just log on here and open this thread if you don't believe me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

WTF, yep wifey's just confirmed the news from our morning 8am tannoy but the ban is from tomorrow the 11th until the 18th April. I'm so glad we went shopping yesterday to Makro and stocked up :default_party-smiley-048:should have enough for a couple of weeks but after that 😬

I went to the local beer store (  they sell all sorts of things in there ) and I asked the older lady if she was gonna stop selling me beer for the next week ...

She just smiled at me and said dai ... which means can ...

I am pretty certain small local shop stores all throughout Thailand will not stop selling beer or anything else you want .... it is the only way they can stay in business ..... and I am sure their little business is more important to them than "orders" ....

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I went to the local beer store (  they sell all sorts of things in there ) and I asked the older lady if she was gonna stop selling me beer for the next week ...

I am pretty certain small local shop stores all throughout Thailand will not stop selling beer or anything else you want .... it is the only way they can stay in business ..... and I am sure their little business is more important to them than "orders" ....

Yeah, I used to shop in a small mom & pop store in Jomtien when I lived there. One election day I was out of beer so went to the shop and picked up half a dozen bottles. The lady in charge was looking at her TV and mumbling at me, "Have election today, krup, no can sell alcohol," while packing my beer into a plastic carrier and taking the money for it off me. Got to love the ordinary Thai people.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Wifey's just said the same regarding the "Mom and Pop" shops, in fact she's just been out and got me a box of Chang and a litre of Sangsom, bless her. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Wifey's just said the same regarding the "Mom and Pop" shops, in fact she's just been out and got me a box of Chang and a litre of Sangsom, bless her. 

Hahaha....  you've got yourself a very good woman Mr P. But of course you already know that. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, it didn't take long for a movie to come.out on this.....

And guess who raises its ugly head ? Racism.....

"Seven people stuck in a lift. Then one coughs...

Corona: Fear is a Virus tells the story of seven people trapped in a lift and the chaos that ensues when one of them starts to cough.

It's thought to be the first film about the disease. Its Canadian director, Mostafa Keshvari, talked to the BBC's Tom Brook."

https://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_audio/headlines/52232382/coronavirus-seven-people-stuck-in-a-lift-then-one-coughs

38 minutes ago, fforest said:

I guess retire in Thailand cheap has joined the Tin Foil Hat wearing club...

Boy it sure is getting crowded in here....This scam-demic is losing more traction every day...

That's ok. The more crazies in there, the safer it is out here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2020/04/09/police-threaten-search-shopping-trolleys-check-buying-essentials-12532339/amp/

Northamptonshire police are now saying they will search shoppers bags for non-essential items. This has gotten completely out of hand. People have lost their fucking minds, completely and utterly, anybody that thinks this is a good idea needs examined.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2020/04/09/police-threaten-search-shopping-trolleys-check-buying-essentials-12532339/amp/

Northamptonshire police are now saying they will search shoppers bags for non-essential items. This has gotten completely out of hand. People have lost their fucking minds, completely and utterly, anybody that thinks this is a good idea needs examined.

I think you'll find the boss of Northamptonshire police was put firmly back in his box by Priti Patel.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/09/police-threaten-look-shopping-trolleys-arrest-sunbathers-lockdown/

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I think you'll find the boss of Northamptonshire police was put firmly back in his box by Priti Patel.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/09/police-threaten-look-shopping-trolleys-arrest-sunbathers-lockdown/

This is only one example of the utterly ludicrous response. People are being fined for driving to beauty spots on their own, just so they can enjoy the outdoors. It's absolutely bat shit crazy.