COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

30 minutes ago, roobob said:

Partially true.... it relates to Chonburi Province I know but not to all provinces. 

There has been some restrictions on the sale of alcohol in most provinces up to the 17th where no sales will occur.. In my Province... at the moment.... you can buy alcohol in the 11am-2pm window but cannot purchase it in he 5pm-10pm window.

In fact I was in Macro today and got a couple of cartoons but would not be surprised if it changes to no sales at all until the 17th. Most of these orders do vary as the order is coming from the different Province Governors.

cheers  

its most provinces now and will be national by mid week

but this si the non thaio section.  i called my mum, 90, she is so shaky now and is a typical harder irish woman in many ways,.  signed of with, good by my beautiful big boy.. I am in bits,  never in her life said that, shows she is scared

• Sad 7

29 minutes ago, roobob said:

Well Barrow is not entirely correct....oh and who is Barrow..... I was there today.... you could buy alcohol in the 11am-2pm window..... not the later window. 

As said ... this may change... but my local Macro was selling in those hours today. It seems to vary between the Provinces.

cheers

Richard Barrow.

I thought it was incorrect when it was first posted as I know a lass in Buriram who was able to buy alcohol.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

its most provinces now and will be national by mid week

but this si the non thaio section.  i called my mum, 90, she is so shaky now and is a typical harder irish woman in many ways,.  signed of with, good by my beautiful big boy.. I am in bits,  never in her life said that, shows she is scared

Apologies.

Wish your mother well.

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

Richard Barrow.

I thought it was incorrect when it was first posted as I know a lass in Buriram who was able to buy alcohol.

I just came back from the local shop house with a big box of Leo's ...

Yep, this is Thailand ... you never know the actual truth ... unless you experience something yourself ....

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

Patients in hospitals, Ray, tend to have Covid 19. We have a system where they call 111, they don't even go to a doctor. They self isolate and only go to hospital when they are probably well down the road of being only able to breathe with great difficulty, they are probably taken to hospital by ambulance.

I think you will find the majority of patients presently in hospital and over whelming the system are actual people with the covid 19 virus.

Doesn't mean people won't panic but self isolation is the expected course that most people take. Of course some will even enjoy the 2 weeks off work as no business can tell you to come in if you 'supposedly' have covid 19 symptoms.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I just came back from the local shop house with a big box of Leo's ...

Yep, this is Thailand ... you never know the actual truth ... unless you experience something yourself ....

Spot on.

21 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Patients in hospitals, Ray, tend to have Covid 19. We have a system where they call 111, they don't even go to a doctor. They self isolate and only go to hospital when they are probably well down the road of being only able to breathe with great difficulty, they are probably taken to hospital by ambulance.

I think you will find the majority of patients presently in hospital and over whelming the system are actual people with the covid 19 virus.

Doesn't mean people won't panic but self isolation is the expected course that most people take. Of course some will even enjoy the 2 weeks off work as no business can tell you to come in if you 'supposedly' have covid 19 symptoms.

Had news today that a close friend has been sick for the last 4 days with all the Covid symptoms. As Dave said, she called 111 and was told it sounded likely, now self isolating but obviously her old man (husband) is closely monitoring.

This morning at 8:30 Beach gal, Ziggy and I had to take our 2 new cats to get neutered .... seems we are starting to amass a lot of animals ... 3 dogs and about 7 cats ... I said to Beach Gal ... WTF .. are we turning into the local pet shelter? ..... When she doesn't like my questions she never answers me .. lol .. unless I am relentless ....

Anyway, we were leaving our province into another province .... there was a big roadblock on the other side of the road ... testing and checking people going into the province ....

So, on the way back Beach Gal told me to go another way back home ... through some rice fields, jungles, tiny bridges ( you get the idea ) ..  which I never knew existed  .. we bypassed the roadblock and clear sailing back home .... it took about 30 minutes longer ..

I asked her why we went this way ... she told me she didn't want the police to hassle me .... I said to her ... what ? .. they are hassling farangs ? ... she said she didn't know and did not want to know .... she just said better this way ...

She always looks out for me!

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

So they don't see a doctor until they get to the hospital, at which point I assume they get tested.  Not sure how this means that everyone in hospital is COVID+, but I'm not inclined to argue with you mate   Other people maybe.  🙂 

37 minutes ago, galenkia said:

737 confirmed dead in UK hospitals yesterday. 

Over 10,000 hospital deaths alone never mind the ones in care homes. 

Over 10600 dead in uk now but only 3339 dead in China . Wtf is going on with these numbers? Is this virus getting stronger or is there someone telling lies ?? 

Just now, Homor said:

Wtf is going on with these numbers?

The Chinese are lying, and western countries are inflating the numbers by counting everyone who dies WITH the virus as having died OF the virus.  That is, if you turn up at a hospital with terminal cancer and a bullet in your head, and you test positive for the virus before or after death, they count you as a COVID death.

13 hours ago, lazarus said:

A bit like (in the US) the push to require IDs to vote. From what I understand it's a constitutional right.

Firearms are a Constitutional right as well, but ya still have to have ID to buy one.

Interesting article (multiple sourced):  A greatly-increased number of cremation urns are being ordered throughout China this year, giving rise to speculation that the official Chinese death rate might be low by a decimal order of magnitude from the actual number.

https://www.newsweek.com/wuhan-covid-19-death-toll-may-tens-thousands-data-cremations-shipments-urns-suggest-1494914

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rompho Ray said:

The Chinese are lying, and western countries are inflating the numbers by counting everyone who dies WITH the virus as having died OF the virus.  That is, if you turn up at a hospital with terminal cancer and a bullet in your head, and you test positive for the virus before or after death, they count you as a COVID death.

Come on Ray, are you being serious? 

You have no proof to back this up. You sound like a mad conspiracy theorist. 

• Thumbs Up 2

The Chinese are lying, and western countries are inflating the numbers by counting everyone who dies WITH the virus as having died OF the virus

yes your right about the Chinese lying but your wrong about other countries inflating the numbers . It has been proven that the numbers in uk and Spain don’t count the old people dying in nursing homes .

• Like 1