COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Just now, fygjam said:

image.png

On March 26th, 2020 Twitter locked the site’s (The Federalist's) account for violating its rules against spreading misinformation about the coronavirus.

Nuff said!

It was as true as the time of writing as it is now.

As for twitter... Don't even get me started.

They banned a user for replying 'yes dude' to some tranny activist.

15 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Perhaps the goal of COVID Act Now was never to provide accurate information, but to scare citizens and government officials into to implementing rash and draconian measures. The creators even admit as much with the caveat that “this model is designed to drive fast action, not predict the future.”

They generated this model under the guise of protecting communities from overrun hospitals, a trend that is not on track to happen as they predicted. Not only is the data false, and looking more incorrect with each passing day, but the website is optimized for a disinformation campaign.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/25/inaccurate-virus-models-are-panicking-officials-into-ill-advised-lockdowns/

Covid models that were used to legitimise lockdowns have wildly over estimated the amount of deaths and infections.

The only thing I gain from what you say is that it is obvious that not everybody agrees with each other (and I am talking about the experts) and also difficult to analyse a situation until it is over so what chance is there that everything you or I think is right or wrong.

I suppose that is why we vote in politicians to make these decisions for us, we hope that they are making the best decisions for all of our interests but obviously with unknown situations some of their actions may not be the correct ones.

Sweden has made a different track to most nations and everybody last week was lauding their efforts and lack of lock-down but over the last few days they are seeing increased death figures from the virus.

Really everything is based on best estimate by the powers in charge, informed speculation from experts but the model is different for many. Maybe one model is the best but how will we know until it is all put to bed as best as can be.

Remember Trump says he is going to make decisions based on the smartest minds in their fields advising him and yet there are many who think his stance is continuing to be incorrect, so who (excuse the pun) is right.

Many will come out of this looking brighter in their judgement but many will be proven wrong but they will still no doubt be experts in their field.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

24 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

The only thing I gain from what you say is that it is obvious that not everybody agrees with each other (and I am talking about the experts) and also difficult to analyse a situation until it is over so what chance is there that everything you or I think is right or wrong.

I suppose that is why we vote in politicians to make these decisions for us, we hope that they are making the best decisions for all of our interests but obviously with unknown situations some of their actions may not be the correct ones.

Sweden has made a different track to most nations and everybody last week was lauding their efforts and lack of lock-down but over the last few days they are seeing increased death figures from the virus.

Really everything is based on best estimate by the powers in charge, informed speculation from experts but the model is different for many. Maybe one model is the best but how will we know until it is all put to bed as best as can be.

Remember Trump says he is going to make decisions based on the smartest minds in their fields advising him and yet there are many who think his stance is continuing to be incorrect, so who (excuse the pun) is right.

Many will come out of this looking brighter in their judgement but many will be proven wrong but they will still no doubt be experts in their field.

Good post.

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Good post mate.

My only problem is that those of us who have genuine concerns about how the situation has been handled have been dismissed as callous, anti-vaxers or conspiracy theorists.

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Good post mate.

My only problem is that those of us who have genuine concerns about how the situation has been handled have been dismissed as callous, anti-vaxers or conspiracy theorists.

07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpe

Seriously, some folks have trouble politely engaging people who dispute their narrative.  Certainly not my first time.....

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

3 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Hoping end of May we get back to normal so we can enjoy some of the summer. 

I'm still going with mid May, the change in the curve it quite noticeable now. 

Be delighted if it was before that, i'll have an afro by next week, but think mid May.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Good post mate.

I will wait a few more weeks before calling you anything mate lol

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I'm still going with mid May, the change in the curve it quite noticeable now. 

Be delighted if it was before that, i'll have an afro by next week, but think mid May.

I thought you bought some hair clippers? Come on, man up and be brave! Get the things used, sit back and think you did a bloody good job 😊

18 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I don't see the benefit of this sort of speculation .... once this is over and they have proof of where and how the virus started then fair enough ... any moron can make stuff up and publish on the internet , as we've seen with 5G and other stuff 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

I thought you bought some hair clippers? Come on, man up and be brave! Get the things used, sit back and think you did a bloody good job 😊

I did, ebay seller sent it via Yodel, who are showing as 'We have collected your parcel' and that's it, from 8th ffs.

Of course only way to contact them is via webchat. which you can never connect to!

18 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I don't see the benefit of this sort of speculation .... once this is over and they have proof of where and how the virus started then fair enough ... any moron can make stuff up and publish on the internet , as we've seen with 5G and other stuff 

Ain't that the truth ...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fforest said:

If you put a little time into reading alternative sites you might know word on the street says (at worst) there is no plan to bring back normal.....(at best)  there is no plan to bring back normal 100%.....

Which alternative sites do you feel are reliable?

Evil

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

🙂 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8219645/Plane-Romanian-fruit-pickers-land-Stansted-tomorrow-farm-labourer-vacancies.html

Charter plane full of Romanian fruit pickers will land at Stansted tomorrow to fill farm labourer vacancies – despite coronavirus causing surge in UK unemployment

Absolute farce of a country.

😂

3 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Hadn’t looked at the numbers for a few days. USA over 33,000 deaths, Italy’s have slowed down but still growing 2% a day with 22k. 

Damn

And that's with near half of the world on lockdown, f**k knows what the numbers would be if it wasn't. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Normally I don't have time for Piers Morgan but ...

He absolutely embarrassed some M.P who was on virtue signalling about the NHS. Same MP voted every year to cap public sector pay rises at 1%. Couldn't make this stuff up.

29 minutes ago, Krapow said:

And that's with near half of the world on lockdown, f**k knows what the numbers would be if it wasn't. 

See this is the most Salient point in this whole debate and everyone just blows it off. It's called a nouveau virus for a good reason, because we know f**k all about it. 

Here in the USA we just never got the testing thing right, so were forced into a shelter in place. In my county of 500,000 we finally received tests, but we had no swabs to conduct the tests. Pathetic.