COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

I will be delivering to 2 hospitals tonight and although I only deliver to kitchens and the hospital shop I very rarely see anybody with a face mask on. I know this is not the wards but I would have thought anybody entering a hospital should be wearing a face mask as with the width of the corridors and people walking constantly along them it is difficult to apply decent social distancing.

I wear my mask and I also wear disposal gloves for every drop; I also carry alcoholic gel and disinfect the van steering wheel and controls etc as although I use the same lorry every night it does occasionally get used by other staff during the day.

I am just doing things which are no more than a small inconvenience to me but can have a big say in my safety during this period of time.

I work at a abattoir before this every one had hair nets and gloves now its face masks all smoko rooms etc are fully scrubbed every two hours .The smoko rooms now have frames on the tables that cling film is wrapped around to make them in to cubicles that the workers have their lunch in and the glad wrap is changed after each break

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

I will be delivering to 2 hospitals tonight and although I only deliver to kitchens and the hospital shop I very rarely see anybody with a face mask on. I know this is not the wards but I would have thought anybody entering a hospital should be wearing a face mask as with the width of the corridors and people walking constantly along them it is difficult to apply decent social distancing.

I wear my mask and I also wear disposal gloves for every drop; I also carry alcoholic gel and disinfect the van steering wheel and controls etc as although I use the same lorry every night it does occasionally get used by other staff during the day.

I am just doing things which are no more than a small inconvenience to me but can have a big say in my safety during this period of time.

talking to the offspring last night and found out that mosr arent wearing masks in the Uk which amazed me.  Dad they dont stop you getting it, .  of course not but it stops others spreading it.  maybe I am brainwashed with the all out regs for masks here but i really assumed Uk were all wearing them too

35 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

talking to the offspring last night and found out that mosr arent wearing masks in the Uk which amazed me.  Dad they dont stop you getting it, .  of course not but it stops others spreading it.  maybe I am brainwashed with the all out regs for masks here but i really assumed Uk were all wearing them too

The question keeps coming up at the daily press conferences, but they keep saying that the science doesn't support the requirement for the general public to wear masks ...I think they don't want a run on masks which would limit the supply to the NHS ... I wear a homemade fabric one .. just in case 

8 hours ago, coxyhog said:

CCCnChhttps://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-has-mutated-into-more-than-30-strains-say-scientists-in-china-11976380China have announced their new rDunno why ange of meat free snacks called Not Poodleina have announced their new range of meat free snacks called Not PoodleChina have announced their new range of meat free snacks called Not Poodle

That's what viruses do, mutate.

And it's more than 30.

00000.jpg

https://nextstrain.org/ncov/global

Each dot is a variation in the genome, 4723 shown here and that's the genomes that people have had time to analyse and submit for comparison.

1 hour ago, ArtyGraph said:

shitschool.jpg

I’m only pissed during his maths, English, French, science, geography, art, IT, history and music lessons! During my tutoring of all the other subjects, I make sure to stay away from the Vino Collapso. 🤪

• Haha 3

On 4/14/2020 at 12:29 PM, tommy dee said:

oh bollox ..

coughs and grabs his chest 😉

Coronavirus: Donald Trump’s ‘miracle drug’ for curing COVID-19 saw no benefit and more deaths, study finds

Donald Trump’s coronavirus “miracle drug” has showed no benefit, with more patients dying when they take it, according to studies.

A malaria medication touted by President Donald Trump as a “miracle drug” for
curing COVID-19 showed no benefit, according to a US coronavirus study.

A nationwide study conducted at a hospital for veterans gave hydroxychloroquine,
commonly used at low doses to help people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and
lupus, to 368 patients who were all male veterans.

Researchers analysed Veterans Health Administration medical centre records of
those confirmed to have COVID-19, and died or were discharged by April 11.

The medicine, which was originally developed to treat malaria, was hailed by Mr
Trump as a “miracle drug” after one French study claimed it was a potential
coronavirus cure.

“What do you have to lose?” he said during one of his daily coronavirus briefings
earlier this month. “I’m not looking at it one way or another. If it does work, it
would be a shame if we didn’t do it early. But what do I know, I’m not a doctor. But
I have common sense.”

But according to the study, 28 per cent of the veterans who were given
hydroxychloroquine plus routine care died, compared to 11 per cent of those getting
routine care alone.

And 22 per cent who received both hydroxychloroquine plus the antibiotic
azithromycin died, though researchers said the difference between the group and
usual care was significant.

Hydroxychloroquine made no difference in preventing needs for a ventilator.

One rare potential side effect of the drug, particularly when taken in conjunction
with azithromycin, can be ventricular arrhythmia, which in some patients can prove
fatal. A rare side effect means it occurs between one in 1000 and one in 10,000
cases.

However researchers did not track side effects.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-donald-trumps-miracle-drug-for-curing-covid19-saw-no-benefit-and-more-deaths-study-finds/news-story/c3927f7f24dcf2a5c5fde8851d6f7188

4 hours ago, tommy dee said:

here in OZ,i'am amazed at the amount of old buggers down the shopping centre,not wearing masks or gloves.the vast majority young or 30/40+ not either.

me I don't leave home without covering up.

regards

grayray

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grayray said:

here in OZ,i'am amazed at the amount of old buggers down the shopping centre,not wearing masks or gloves.the vast majority young or 30/40+ not either.

regards

grayray

Hardly anyone wears masks here in Holland, us included. 

For one I wouldn't know where to get them right now as most are used and/or reserved for medical staff plus we're not sick or in the high risk group so what's the point in wearing one I wonder. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, fygjam said:

Coronavirus: Donald Trump’s ‘miracle drug’ for curing COVID-19 saw no benefit and more deaths, study finds

Donald Trump’s coronavirus “miracle drug” has showed no benefit, with more patients dying when they take it, according to studies.

A malaria medication touted by President Donald Trump as a “miracle drug” for
curing COVID-19 showed no benefit, according to a US coronavirus study.

A nationwide study conducted at a hospital for veterans gave hydroxychloroquine,
commonly used at low doses to help people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and
lupus, to 368 patients who were all male veterans.

Researchers analysed Veterans Health Administration medical centre records of
those confirmed to have COVID-19, and died or were discharged by April 11.

The medicine, which was originally developed to treat malaria, was hailed by Mr
Trump as a “miracle drug” after one French study claimed it was a potential
coronavirus cure.

“What do you have to lose?” he said during one of his daily coronavirus briefings
earlier this month. “I’m not looking at it one way or another. If it does work, it
would be a shame if we didn’t do it early. But what do I know, I’m not a doctor. But
I have common sense.”

But according to the study, 28 per cent of the veterans who were given
hydroxychloroquine plus routine care died, compared to 11 per cent of those getting
routine care alone.

And 22 per cent who received both hydroxychloroquine plus the antibiotic
azithromycin died, though researchers said the difference between the group and
usual care was significant.

Hydroxychloroquine made no difference in preventing needs for a ventilator.

One rare potential side effect of the drug, particularly when taken in conjunction
with azithromycin, can be ventricular arrhythmia, which in some patients can prove
fatal. A rare side effect means it occurs between one in 1000 and one in 10,000
cases.

However researchers did not track side effects.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-donald-trumps-miracle-drug-for-curing-covid19-saw-no-benefit-and-more-deaths-study-finds/news-story/c3927f7f24dcf2a5c5fde8851d6f7188

was or wasnt statistically significant?It reads ambiguously

Edited by Ivan the terrible

6 hours ago, Stillearly said:

The question keeps coming up at the daily press conferences, but they keep saying that the science doesn't support the requirement for the general public to wear masks ...I think they don't want a run on masks which would limit the supply to the NHS ... I wear a homemade fabric one .. just in case 

that is entirely true... standard surgical masks  reduce the risk of you spreading the infection if you have it,probably not from contracting it by much ,if at all 

N95(recommended masks..like golddust)masks reduce the risk of you contracting or spreading the virus

The "masks are of no benefit mantra" was a disgraceful deception...they should have been honest and said we dont have enough and we reserve them for those at highest risk ...most people would have accepted that

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Read about a proposal to trial oral polio vaccine (OPV) as a protection against Covid-19. Similar to the BCG vaccine trial, it is theorised that "live vaccines" gee up the innate immune system offering nonspecific protection against pathogens. A possible reason that young children do not appear to be particularly affected by Covid-19 is the MMR vaccine they receive as part of a normal childhood vaccination program is a "live vaccine".

Another theory is that the virus particles can act as nano particle radio receivers and as they replicate they form a radio network which because of the small size of the individual particles, is particularly sensitive to 5G radio emissions. Thus subliminal messages can be planted directly into the brains of those receiving the vaccine, bypassing any rational thought filtering. A crude first attempt at this technique was exposed in the documentary "Kingsman".

Please note: not all information provided here can be verified and some may be fake news.

13 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Read about a proposal to trial oral polio vaccine (OPV) as a protection against Covid-19. Similar to the BCG vaccine trial, it is theorised that "live vaccines" gee up the innate immune system offering nonspecific protection against pathogens. A possible reason that young children do not appear to be particularly affected by Covid-19 is the MMR vaccine they receive as part of a normal childhood vaccination program is a "live vaccine".

Another theory is that the virus particles can act as nano particle radio receivers and as they replicate they form a radio network which because of the small size of the individual particles, is particularly sensitive to 5G radio emissions. Thus subliminal messages can be planted directly into the brains of those receiving the vaccine, bypassing any rational thought filtering. A crude first attempt at this technique was exposed in the documentary "Kingsman".

Please note: not all information provided here can be verified and some may be fake news.

Is this where G string theory comes from?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Has anyone noticed the real improvement in air quality? It is absolutely fantastic where I am. I can hear the birds chirping at 4 in the afternoon. I've seen hedgehogs, ladybirds and robin red breasts coming into the garden for the first time in years. I must say it makes a welcome change.

😃

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Esco said:

Hardly anyone wears masks here in Holland, us included. 

For one I wouldn't know where to get them right now as most are used and/or reserved for medical staff plus we're not sick or in the high risk group so what's the point in wearing one I wonder. 

That is the same as here in England, I brought home 6 from Thailand to give to my immediate family. The only time I mix with people is when I do my weekly shop. I am the only one wearing a mask and I get some funny looks too!

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, grayray said:

regards

grayray

My brother phones me at least every other day asking me to talk to the old man.

He’s 80 and is so busy doing stuff,he’s never at home.lolol.

I say to him “why don’t you stay at home till this blows over”.

his answer “f**k this,no idea how long I got left.”.

What am I gonna do?

• Thumbs Up 5