COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

11 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

What a complete bitch ... fancy donating $100,000 to a UN children's charity .... 

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/495415-thunberg-donating-100k-to-help-children-during-coronavirus-pandemic

Not her money though.

Money donated to her by wealthy benefactors and celebrity pals.

Complains about having her childhood stolen, she has spent her childhood travelling the world and mixing with the great and the good.

Syrian kids picking their parents severed arms out of bombed out of houses, Yemeni kids starving to death.

I don't blame her, I blame the child abusing left wing scum that promote and manage her. Don't believe me? Just wait 10 years for the inevitable scandal about her being raped by the scummy leftie tramps to come out.

17 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Not her money though.

Money donated to her by wealthy benefactors and celebrity pals.

Complains about having her childhood stolen, she has spent her childhood travelling the world and mixing with the great and the good.

Syrian kids picking their parents severed arms out of bombed out of houses, Yemeni kids starving to death.

I don't blame her, I blame the child abusing left wing scum that promote and manage her. Don't believe me? Just wait 10 years for the inevitable scandal about her being raped by the scummy leftie tramps to come out.

Wrong again 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_Livelihood_Award#History

5 hours ago, fforest said:

Well your post was some where between being serious- tongue and cheek -and making a joke out of the numbers........But I can assure you its no bloody joke to people who use these numbers in their plans and events.........They are dead serious about the numbers........Nice post by the way.....

Ah...ha...yer onto something here..."dead serious"...😈

"...On average, it takes more than 2 months before a new behavior becomes automatic — 66 days to be exact..."

lol source: https://jamesclear.com/new-habit

Edited by lazarus
33+33x10+6=666

2 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

I thourght Major was the step up from Captain ...I feel another song coming on

They missed a trick by not giving him the rank of Major. A celebrity rerecording of the song could've raised another shedload of money for the cause.  :default_1087:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Well now they are talking about planes only be loaded to no more than 20% factor for years to come so airfares will sky rocket. Well I am hoping this info (across media/TV etc) is basically fake because I am beginning to think the world is going mad. 

beginning ???

See your old lot BA, yesterday making 12,000 people redundant, including 25% of their pilots  and today saying they will probably pull out of Gatwick....... wow !!

Edited by nampla69
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, monkey_omelette said:

Jesus, just had a look at that award. Last British winner was Alan Rusbridger who was Editor of The Guardian. Nuf Said.

Another useless left wing international organisation. Nobody takes it serious. Like when Obama won the Nobel prize, dropped more bombs than trump. Couldn't write it.

😂

• Haha 1

So anyway, back on topic ….

Wasn't a bad briefing there from Boris, a bit of positivity, and a Plan next week.

Couldn't say anything now, as soon as you say you can do XYZ in 2 weeks or whatever, some would just say f**k it, if I ca do it then, i'll do it now. At the same time, people need some light at the end of the tunnel. 

Difficult one. 

Specifically mentioned schools and workplaces. 

No way will things be the same, but hopefully pragmatic solutions will be found. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Wasn't a bad briefing there from Boris, a bit of positivity, and a Plan next week.

Couldn't say anything now, as soon as you say you can do XYZ in 2 weeks or whatever, some would just say f**k it, if I ca do it then, i'll do it now. At the same time, people need some light at the end of the tunnel. 

Difficult one. 

No way will things be the same, but hopefully pragmatic solutions will be found. 

Ditto.

It's a decent briefing me thinks.

30 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Difficult one. 

Think one of his more interesting comments was in response to the questions- when he said he could see face coverings being useful in coming out of lockdown.

So mandatory I'd bet on public transport, and indoors where you cannot easily socially distance (churches, schools, offices shops????).

Personally I can't wait to get out but perhaps the piece we don't think of are those who might be scared to do, without reassurance and protection.

The only good briefing is when they stand up and do the following:

1) Admit the response was heavy handed and disproportionate.

2) Apologise for all the unnecessary economic hardship inflicted on people.

3) Immediately reopen all schools, universities and businesses.

4) Measures to keep the elderly and vulnerable cocooned.

5) Impose political, economic and military sanctions on China and its allies. 

6) Divert every single penny of the foreign 'aid' budget to increasing the wages for social care staff to the level of nurses, and increase the pay and conditions of nurses.

I won't hold my breath.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Why not? All the evidence suggests that children don't catch covid and if they do it's a very mild illness, no worse than the cold.

What about the adults that work in schools? I thought children can have but not show symptoms, and so can easily spread it to adults...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Painter said:

What about the adults that work in schools? I thought children can have but not show symptoms, and so can easily spread it to adults...

Wash their hands regularly, keep their distance from the pupils, make sure the school is cleaned thoroughly. If the teachers have a serious underlying illness they should stay off. The same precautions that would be taken during an outbreak of any viral illness. 

Unfortunately the majority of schools were closing for some year groups even BEFORE the lockdown, due to staff isolating, or ill. Classrooms are too small for social distancing, let alone corridors. 

I dont think opening schools en masse can happen. Maybe part time, or for some years, yes. But for all, no.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

The only good briefing is when they stand up and do the following:

1) Admit the response was heavy handed and disproportionate.

2) Apologise for all the unnecessary economic hardship inflicted on people.

3) Immediately reopen all schools, universities and businesses.

4) Measures to keep the elderly and vulnerable cocooned.

5) Impose political, economic and military sanctions on China and its allies. 

6) Divert every single penny of the foreign 'aid' budget to increasing the wages for social care staff to the level of nurses, and increase the pay and conditions of nurses.

I won't hold my breath.

Buy a lottery ticket, more chance than the above ever happening.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Think one of his more interesting comments was in response to the questions- when he said he could see face coverings being useful in coming out of lockdown.

So mandatory I'd bet on public transport, and indoors where you cannot easily socially distance (churches, schools, offices shops????).

Personally I can't wait to get out but perhaps the piece we don't think of are those who might be scared to do, without reassurance and protection.

In my neck of the woods, some kind of face covering has been mandatory since 2 weeks ago when you can't be 6 feet apart from another person. Kinda figured that has been the case in the UK. Surprised to find out that it's not.

55 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Why not? All the evidence suggests that children don't catch covid and if they do it's a very mild illness, no worse than the cold.

I know of a 10 year old, my buddy's Granddaughter that had it and yeah her symptoms were pretty mild. Tired, lethargy etc. Not always the case though, some kids do die. We know so little about this disease, that it's hard to make any sweeping generalizations one way or the other. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

Wash their hands regularly, keep their distance from the pupils, make sure the school is cleaned thoroughly. If the teachers have a serious underlying illness they should stay off. The same precautions that would be taken during an outbreak of any viral illness. 

Can tell you don't have kids try telling an 8 year old to keep his distance from his mates absolutely no chance or even a kid in high school not a sniff.

Then they go pass it on to everyone else in the family.

Kids are the biggest carriers of any virus FACT.

Not a cat in hells I'd be sending mine till it's well sorted .

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kathmandu said:

I know of a 10 year old, my buddy's Granddaughter that had it and yeah her symptoms were pretty mild. Tired, lethargy etc. Not always the case though, some kids do die. We know so little about this disease, that it's hard to make any sweeping generalizations one way or the other. 

We know hardly anything about it , but hey we have plenty of google professors 😉🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Haha 1

in Australia,no kids have died from Wuhan Virus and there is no kids  with the virus known to pass it on to a Adult.

the flu each kills 1000s, kids included BUT NO lockdown anywhere in the world,NO Hotels,clubs,restaurants closed,NO knocking shops closed,NO social distancing.

no masked,cloved population outside in street, yes it is highly contagious,but it is not killing people has much Cancer,HIV,Alcohol,flu or Heart problems.

protect the oldfarts,and let the people out to the beach,parks and walkways.

think some politicians are like the power play they are on.

look how the agecare places in every country are hotspots for the Virus,iam glad iam not yet ready for living in such a place,i feel for BMs who have family in those death traps.

Next Year Jeruslem

regards

grayray

• Thumbs Up 1