COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

9 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

But the whole aviation sector is living a new reality.

When lockdown restrictions ease and flight schedules are increased again there will be fewer passengers, fewer and probably more expensive flights and sadly thousands of cabin crew, pilots and ground staff will have lost jobs.

It will take years for the aviation sector to bounce back to where it was before the pandemic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52539905

Virgin to close London Gatwick and focus on Heathrow and Manchester, also merge Virgin holidays into Virgin Atlantic resulting in over 3000 job loses. Add this to 12000 from BA another 3000 from Ryanair plus 8000 from Rolls Royce. The Virgin announcement is based on finding a buyer by the end of May. If no buyer looks like they could be gone with more additional  loses. This is all so tragic for all concerned but has been man made by some extremely poor political decisions. Major policies announced before all facts and figures had been collated. 1 scientists whose figures were so way off the mark has started a Tsunami of economic woe that will cost the country billions.

• Like 4

The story of the real "patient zero" in the U.S. COVID-19 pandemic is confused to say the least.  Several conflicting versions of the death of Patricia Dowd have emerged, but the article below from public broadcaster KQED in San Francisco is the most complete so far.

Evil

coronasmaller.jpg.23f449dd1ad879b660218834829b4ca7.jpg

KQED.JPG.ae05c2e8950b67200e4e4214aeecd278.JPG

How the Nation's First COVID-19 Death 
Went Undetected in San Jose

By Julie Small
May 4

The revelation last month that the first COVID-19 death in the United States actually occurred on Feb. 6 in Santa Clara County has shifted the understanding of how and when the pandemic moved into California and the rest of the nation.

Patricia Dowd, 57, died at her home in San Jose – not in a hospital, and with no known travel exposure – suggesting the coronavirus spread in Northern California much earlier and wider than initially thought.

These revelations also raise questions about whether Santa Clara County officials could have warned neighboring counties and state officials of possible community spread and pushed for earlier testing of a number of suspicious cases in February and early March.

Patricia Dowd was working from her San Jose home, suffering from a flu-like illness, when she died on Feb. 6. Her body was taken to the Santa Clara County Medical Examiner-Coroner, the procedure for sudden, unexpected deaths occurring at home.

(READ MORE)

11 minutes ago, roobob said:

Disagree…. they are taking a hit now...… but will bounce back a lot quicker than some think.

cheers

Wrong......most airlines are now downsizing rapidly, reducing fleet size and headcount by 20+%.. not all airlines have the cash reserves to come out of this. The airframes are being scrapped the workforce won’t be back any time soon. What will happen is after the initial glut of cheap fares to get cash flow moving, airfares will rise and will eventually be much higher than you are paying now. There will fewer flights with airlines operating smaller more fuel efficient aircraft. It will be 2 to 3 years before you see airlines starting to expand again.

Will be interesting to see if anyone has done any tests to see if the cabin air filters stop the virus.

If not then maybe they'll have to go back to the smoking days of no recirculation fans.

Which will not be more fuel efficient.

I go out yesterday to grab some stuff,for us and I’m also shopping for me old Scottish mate up the hill.

Hes 92 and his missus is gone so I drop some food up for him,and pick up what he needs.

i was absolutely Gob smacked at how many old folk were out and about.

I thought we were doing all this shit to protect them for f**k sakes.

Couldnt get into the one shop,to big a line up.

I dunno what the f**k we’re doing.

Either shut this shit show down,no exceptions,or open it up so we can get back to work.

0791DC7B-DB04-4650-919D-8E9CCD9AFCD2.jpeg

9FEEE34F-95A2-4585-8C34-66C5D304A067.jpeg

3EBFB8DC-E1FE-4536-8E71-0AD590C0BDFE.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spacedog said:

Just seen on the BBC news a passenger on board an Aer Lingus flight complaining about lack of social distance, the flight was practically full from Belfast to Heathrow. WTF does he expect a special aircraft all to himself on a £40 ticket. If he was that bothered about social distancing then he should stay at home in his bubble as per government instructions. 

I have had enough of it now. We are committing economic suicide, the repercussions will be felt for a long long time after this episode has finally finished. Our civil liberties and freedoms are being taken away. Being told that the new norm is going to be masks and gloves social distancing for up to 1 year. Also going to start tracking people via Apps on their phone.  is this Berlin pre the fall of the wall. We lived in a free society where people can obtain and absorb the information in order to make balanced decisions. Being told to wear masks.gloves and not to go out to visit family and friends or risk being fined . Not only that encouraging the public to let the authorities know about people who they think break the lockdown is dystopian. I will not wear a mask or gloves. The numbers that are coming out of various countries suggest that this is one massive overreaction. Instead of locking down the whole population, plans need to be put in place for a full lifting of the lockdown while looking after people who are in the high risk category.

The UK population is over 60 million there are 190000 cases and 29000 deaths. Current worldwide deaths 260000 if all the figures are to be believed. Over 400000 each year die of malaria spread over far fewer countries that have Covid 19. We are not barred from travelling to these countries, we don’t lock these countries down shutting down their economy’s in the process. No people make a balanced decision and travel whether for business or pleasure. (I know malaria is not contagious)

Enough is Enough we are not solitary creatures, we need companionship we need to meet family and friends and have social lives. Once your freedoms and liberties are removed they are very difficult to get back. Do we really want the new norm enforcing the population to walk round in gloves masks and 2 meters apart. The long term affects of this don’t bear thinking about. Public transport will become uneconomical 15 people on a bus, 100 people on a 200 seat airplane. 

Stop being brainwashed look at the facts out there and make some balanced choices. Many people will not agree with my thoughts I accept that. However serious questions need to be asked re the current lockdown.

I can’t wait for the time I am able to travel to Thailand and play some golf and have a beer with my mates, I fear it will be a few more months yet though.

1000% agreed, and well written.

21 minutes ago, Spacedog said:

Wrong......most airlines are now downsizing rapidly, reducing fleet size and headcount by 20+%.. not all airlines have the cash reserves to come out of this. The airframes are being scrapped the workforce won’t be back any time soon. What will happen is after the initial glut of cheap fares to get cash flow moving, airfares will rise and will eventually be much higher than you are paying now. There will fewer flights with airlines operating smaller more fuel efficient aircraft. It will be 2 to 3 years before you see airlines starting to expand again.

Yes... they are now.... due to what is in place now.... but they will recover more quickly than people think. As for the timeframe to what has happened....... two years for them to start expanding again is pretty good.

cheers 

1 hour ago, roobob said:

Actually the most cases in Australia were found to have originated from the US and the Australian Prime Minister actually made a statement about that.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-most-cases-in-australia-from-usa-scott-morrison/5b04121e-a597-4aaf-a1a7-04be02f9d376

cheers 

Who f***king knows ... but, I find it incredibly difficult to believe it was intentional ...

Show me the proof ... because I don't believe ...

There are a shit load of Chinese in Australia ... doesn't China own Australia ... ?

44 minutes ago, roobob said:

Disagree…. they are taking a hit now...… but will bounce back a lot quicker than some think.

cheers

Wrong. I has taken years for them to recover from 9/11, and this collective, volunteerely suicide is much worse.

But as everybody applauds and agrees with all this stupid regulations, nobody should complain.

9 minutes ago, roobob said:

Yes... they are now.... due to what is in place now.... but they will recover more quickly than people think. As for the timeframe to what has happened....... two years for them to start expanding again is pretty good.

cheers 

I am not sure Bro .... I am sure they will recover with a shit load of government bail outs .. but, 2 years sounds sensible

The sooner the airlines recover .. then we will see the hotels, tourism, etc. recover ..

Personally, I am fucking sick and tired of wearing a mask ... and having a curfew ... not being able to stop and have a beer .. I am starting to get pissed off ...

I have with a lot of dubious doubt from the very beginning of lock downs, and all of the other bullshit we have had to live with ....

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Spacedog said:

Virgin to close London Gatwick and focus on Heathrow and Manchester, also merge Virgin holidays into Virgin Atlantic resulting in over 3000 job loses. Add this to 12000 from BA another 3000 from Ryanair plus 8000 from Rolls Royce. The Virgin announcement is based on finding a buyer by the end of May. If no buyer looks like they could be gone with more additional  loses. This is all so tragic for all concerned but has been man made by some extremely poor political decisions. Major policies announced before all facts and figures had been collated. 1 scientists whose figures were so way off the mark has started a Tsunami of economic woe that will cost the country billions.

Ahhh Virgin...maybe if Branson and the other owners put some money in to help out the workers it would be fine..... as they are not short of a quid.

Virgin Australia wanted a bail out from the Aussie Govt but was refused.... as it was found out who the partners actually were ...it was refused and so it should..... link below..... and Branson who owns 10% was taking $10 million a year on top of that for the use of the Virgin brand name.

Overall they are taking the piss in this situation in wanting the Govt to bail them out when they have funds of their own.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/health-safety/virgin-australia-billionaire-shareholders-who-could-save-airline/news-story/3a74cc65d6eec33655d98f5e13f0d6ac

Edited by roobob
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, roobob said:

Ahhh Virgin...maybe if Branson and the other owners put some money in to help out the workers it would be fine..... as they are not short of a quid.

Virgin Australia wanted a bail out from the Aussie Govt but was refused.... as it was found out who the partners actually were ...it was refused and so it should..... link below..... and Branson who owns 10% was taking $10 million a year on top of that for the use of the Virgin brand name.

Overall they are taking the piss in this situation in wanting the Govt to bail them out when they have funds of their own.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/health-safety/virgin-australia-billionaire-shareholders-who-could-save-airline/news-story/3a74cc65d6eec33655d98f5e13f0d6ac

Yea, f**k Branson ... another fake capitalist ( who enjoys the results of capitalism ) ... who ends up demanding / begging the government for help ...

What?   Another business to big to fail ?

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Who f***king knows ... but, I find it incredibly difficult to believe it was intentional ...

Show me the proof ... because I don't believe ...

There are a shit load of Chinese in Australia ... doesn't China own Australia ... ?

Agree Code...it was not intentional... all I am saying that is where most of the cases originated from.

Proof... I posted a link where the Aussie PMs has stated as such.... and going by how he has handled the situation in Australia...I believe him. Australia has a good relationship with the US... so he has no need to make something up like that.

Yes he has made mistakes...most countries have.... and Australia has also asked the hard questions towards China in this.

cheers 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Wrong. I has taken years for them to recover from 9/11, and this collective, volunteerely suicide is much worse.

But as everybody applauds and agrees with all this stupid regulations, nobody should complain.

Garbage.

cheers

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, roobob said:

Agree Code...it was not intentional... all I am saying that is where most of the cases originated from.

Proof... I posted a link where the Aussie PMs has stated as such.... and going by how he has handled the situation in Australia...I believe him. Australia has a good relationship with the US... so he has no need to make something up like that.

Yes he has made mistakes...most countries have.... and Australia has also asked the hard questions towards China in this.

cheers 

Yea Bro .. the Aussies should be asking hard questions .. we should be f**king demanding hard answers just like every other affected country in the world...

These cock suckers .... plus, I think it is great that the Aussies have demanded that Taiwan be admitted to the WHO, but for what ...

F**k the WHO ... what a bullshit .. political .. organization ... makes me happy Trump has said f**k them ...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

The Aussie govt doesn't f**k about. 

Like when the illegals try and sail ashore on the dingies, they just tow them back out to sea.

Good on the Skippy's.

Well Bro .. without laws and borders you do not have a country ...

I just watched a youtube video with Nigel .. bitching about the same thing that was happening in Dover in the UK ... I am not sure why the UK doesn't do what the Aussies do ... f**k them ...  most of these f**ks are nothing but trouble .... a big burden on tax payer dollars ..

Build the wall .. LOL

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Well Bro .. without laws and borders you do not have a country ...

I just watched a youtube video with Nigel .. bitching about the same thing that was happening in Dover in the UK ... I am not sure why the UK doesn't do what the Aussies do ... f**k them ...  most of these f**ks are nothing but trouble .... a big burden on tax payer dollars ..

Build the wall .. LOL

Nigel Farage is a hero. There should be a statue of him built at Westminster. He went to Dover to expose what is happening, hundreds of illegal immigrants arriving daily on UK shores.

We don't hear any word of it here on the MSM, in fact you are labelled a conspiracy theorist or a racist if you dare question the narrative. Unlike Oz and the US we don't have freedom of speech here.

• Like 3

^^^^

Bro .. I haven't lived in the USA for about 30 years ... but, I am a native NY'er from Brooklyn ... born and raised ...

It is inbred deep inside of me .. part or my DNA ... FREEDOM .... of speech, living the way I want ,, up to me ,, FREEDOM ... just treat people the way you want to be treated yourself = respect

I think it is f**ed up that other people are not afforded that personal liberty ...

As far as the MSM ... well, that is another story .. but, the are gradually ( maybe rapidly ) losing their importance   .. I think most people that are aware are looking for other fair outlets of info ... people are sick and tired of their perspective elitism .. it is not even the news anymore ... just a bunch of racists, xenophobic , etc .  drivel

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, lazarus said:

Critical thinking?

The breathing/air mask study was conducted at university. It was clearly presented in the video for viewers to understand.
The fact that was done by CNN is neither "here nor there" in the context of the topic, or its relevance to the current discussion.

Here is the link to the story from the university (+video below) : http://www.fau.edu/newsdesk/articles/mechanical-cough-coronavirus.php

You will like the video as there is a dummy blowing smoke.

Think about it?

Yep, you're right of course. TS has a classic case of, "if you don't like the message, shoot the messenger."  Very good post sir!

• Thumbs Up 1