COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

10 hours ago, Stillearly said:

That newspaper had the story since the 8th April but only choose to publish yesterday to distract from the UKs new totals passing Italy 

I wondered about that too. Silly Fraulein was telling all her female 'friends' in confidence of course.

It is a good story as he was the instigator of the UK lockdown and a hate figure for many.

Meanwhile her husband is what is known in Olde English as Ye Cuckolde Tosser

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Trying to direct people by offering snippets of info doesn't really help in the overall discussion. Once all the evidence is on the table then the blame game can begin. 

Your comment..... 'It makes me smile the whole West blaming the "infamous" Wuhan P4 lab .....' seems to be trying to direct people away from the presently accepted overall view of the virus origin by only putting the bits you have highlighted in your post. I apologise if that was not your intention.

It is important info but doesn't change the view of where the origin of the virus took place so wondering why it made you smile......that's all.

Whatever.....

My point is that 3 western countries were financially and technically involved in the creation of this lab.....

And now they are blaming the lab they helped creating....

Story made a bit of a fuss in the French specialized press. Globally the story was a disaster from the start, scientifists and intel services were against it, but politicians wanted it in the name of "cooperation" and creating ties with China.

A bit like the origin of the Taliban or ISIS, both "created" by the west...

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Whatever.....

My point is that 3 western countries were financially and technically involved in the creation of this lab.....

And now they are blaming the lab they helped creating....

Story made a bit of a fuss in the French specialized press. Globally the story was a disaster from the start, scientifists and intel services were against it, but politicians wanted it in the name of "cooperation" and creating ties with China.

A bit lik e the origin of the Taliban or ISIS, both "created" by the west...

You have a penchant for for walking back your opinions. Now blaming the west. Not sure if that means West Europe or...? Ur posts are prejudiced if not flat out racist. Shame on you!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kathmandu said:

You have a penchant for for walking back your opinions. Now blaming the west. Not sure if that means West Europe or...? Ur posts are prejudiced if not flat out racist. Shame on you!

Mmmm.... I guess the best qualification for this post is "stupid" ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Trying to direct people by offering snippets of info doesn't really help in the overall discussion. Once all the evidence is on the table then the blame game can begin. 

Your comment..... 'It makes me smile the whole West blaming the "infamous" Wuhan P4 lab .....' seems to be trying to direct people away from the presently accepted overall view of the virus origin by only putting the bits you have highlighted in your post. I apologise if that was not your intention.

It is important info but doesn't change the view of where the origin of the virus took place so wondering why it made you smile......that's all.

Correct, lot of finger pointing at the moment without having all the facts. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Murchie said:

Correct, lot of finger pointing at the moment without having all the facts. 

I doubt we will ever have all the facts, subject is way too sensitive politically for the governments (all of them).

And IMO, there is no point in starting the blame game thing. Sad to see the world is more and more tilting towards this American thing of blaming and sueing for everything instead of working on credible solutions to avoid the same thing to happen again.  And this is valid in every domain.  Look at the number of lawyers in every big company nowadays.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

We are starting to open back up here.Be announcement today by The Premier of BC.

Planning on opening my place May 18th.

I won’t be charging members for the remainder of the month,but will start June 1st if all goes well.

we will have a limit on the amount of people inside the club,and the missus will be twice a day cleaning machines.

Should be fine if everyone follows the rules.

f**k...I was kinda enjoying drinking at noon and really not doing f**k all.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, fatbhoytim said:

people out there have the information from their governments in regards of how to stay safe, let them them use common sense and be careful

COVID-19 parties lead to spike in coronavirus cases in Washington state

Health investigators have discovered COVID-19 parties are the source of new outbreaks where attendees try and catch the virus on purpose.

Health officials from Washington State in the US have reported that newly diagnosed cases of coronavirus caught the potentially deadly illness on purpose at “COVID-19 parties”.

Walla Walla County health officials say people diagnosed with coronavirus have told county investigators they attended parties specifically organised to spread coronavirus in recent weeks.

Megan Debolt, the director of community health for Walla Walla County, said one of the parties with at least 20 attendees has so far resulted in two positive cases of COVID-19.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/covid19-parties-lead-to-spike-in-coronavirus-cases-in-washington-state/news-story/43375b3e838f26383495f3925912f569

33 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

With a name like that, what do you expect ? 😄 😄

Irrespective of the name of the place I was pretty sure that "common sense" relating to Covid-19 would not prevail, anywhere!

6 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Irrespective of the name of the place I was pretty sure that "common sense" relating to Covid-19 would not prevail, anywhere!

Common sense for me is "continue to live as usual" ....

1 hour ago, miko said:

Hmmmmmm.............

Looks like it's already gone.

Judy Anne Mikovits is an American anti-vaccination activist and former medical researcher. She
has made discredited claims about vaccines, coronavirus, and chronic fatigue
syndrome(CFS).

As research director of a CFS research organization Whittemore Peterson Institute (WPI) from
2006-2011, Mikovits led a research effort that reported in 2009 that a retrovirus known
as xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus (XMRV) was associated with CFS and may have
had a causal role. However, the research came under fire, leading to an eventual retraction on
December 22, 2011, by the journal Science.

In October 2011, Mikovits was terminated by the WPI for refusing to turn over a cell line that was
delivered to her laboratory by mistake, and subsequently came under investigation for alleged
manipulation of data in her publications related to XMRV. On November 18, 2011, she was
arrested in her Ventura County, California, home and jailed for 5 days. Her lawyer said she was
arrested on charges of theft brought by the WPI, but that the charges had no merit. By November
28, after negotiations with the WPI, some lab notes were returned. Later, the criminal charges
against her were dismissed by the Reno, Nevada, District Attorney's office.

According to Snopes, Mikovits has become a champion for believers in medical conspiracy theories,
basing claims linking the XMRV to autism and cancer on other retracted papers, and claiming she
had been jailed by the influence of the Deep state and Big Pharma for exposing the truth about
vaccines. In reality, she was arrested on November 18, 2011, for allegedly stealing lab notebooks, a
computer, and other material belonging to Whittemore Peterson Institute (WPI). She was held
temporarily pursuant to that case. Subsequently, criminal charges brought against Mikovits by
Washoe County, Nevada, were dismissed by the District Attorney and Assistant District Attorney in
Reno, Nevada.

Mikovits has spoken at a number of anti-vaccination events. She has claimed that retroviruses
have contaminated 30% of vaccines.

Mikovits has garnered criticism from scientists for stating that XMRV is a communicable infection
which is "clearly circulating through the population, as is our fear and your fear". Virologist Vincent
Racaniello said that Mikovits's assertion "is just inciting fear." Mikovits showed slides at a
conference linking XMRV to Parkinson's disease, autism and multiple sclerosis. However, there is
no published evidence that XMRV is associated with these diseases.

Mikovits has gained attention on social media for promoting her ideas about the 2019–20
coronavirus pandemic. She does not believe that a vaccine is needed to prevent COVID-19, and
claims that the coronavirus was "caused by a bad strain of flu vaccine that was circulating between
2013 and 2015". She also claimed masks will “activate” the virus and reinfect a mask-wearer over
and over. One of her videos about the coronavirus pandemic was fact-checked by the
website Maldita.es, which rated some of her claims as either false or not based in evidence.

One such circulating video gained notoriety in May 2020. Titled Plandemic Part 1, this film is a
half-hour long documentary-styled interview of Mikovits's perspective on the accusations thrown
upon her by the WPI. This video has been repeatedly reuploaded and forcibly taken down from the
video sharing site YouTube.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Mikovits

• Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

With a name like that, what do you expect ? 😄 😄

there was a saying in Sydney NSW. "further back than Walla Walla".who was a harness horse who would start up to 120yards behind the start and still win trotting races. back in the 1920/1930s

PART 74 OF A SALUTE TO TROTTING

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, grayray said:

there was a saying in Sydney NSW. "further back than Walla Walla".who was a harness horse who would start up to 120yards behind the start and still win trotting races. back in the 1920/1930s

PART 74 OF A SALUTE TO TROTTING

regards

grayray

Did it come from Woy Woy or Wagga Wagga?

• Haha 1

Restrictions being lifted here too one step at a time. 

Restaurants and pubs to open again on June 1st but 30 people max inside, reservations required and 1,5 meter distance must be applied.  

https://www.government.nl/latest/news/2020/05/06/avoid-busy-places-and-stay-1.5-metres-away-from-others

Let's hope the dreaded 2nd wave won't be as bad as some suspect and we can all go about with our lives again. 

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Esco said:

Restrictions being lifted here too one step at a time. 

Restaurants and pubs to open again on June 1st but 30 people max inside, reservations required and 1,5 meter distance must be applied.  

https://www.government.nl/latest/news/2020/05/06/avoid-busy-places-and-stay-1.5-metres-away-from-others

Let's hope the dreaded 2nd wave won't be as bad as some suspect and we can all go about with our lives again. 

Good structured plan- hope it works out for you. See you have to wait till the first of September for gyms and cannabis cafes😁

2 minutes ago, fforest said:

They've got people so scared of their own shadow, now people are dining out in greenhouses with the serving staff wearing PPE.

Man facepalming

It's the heat. It kills Coronavirus!

Don't ya know that?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, fforest said:

They've got people so scared of their own shadow, now people are dining out in greenhouses with the serving staff wearing PPE.

Man facepalming

Thanks for posting it's a really good video.

It is actually worth watching, a business being entrepreneurial and inventive to work around the restrictions and the Dutch public welcoming. As a customer you have to book and such was the demand 240 greenhouses were booked in day😀

Nothing to do with people being scared, they are having to work within  the Dutch Government's restrictions. I

At present with no prospect of having a draught beer in a pub, I'd happily sit or stand outdoors if I meant I could have one. Me and millions of others in the UK right now would be the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, coxyhog said:

He was an advisor to the UK government....hardly the world!

His analysis was one of the first published and was widely used outside the UK.

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

UK to start easing restrictions from Monday. 

So things should start to get better. 

My mum is cursing 'cos Wee Nicola is determined to eke it out longer just to show she's in charge.  Idiot.

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

Looks like it's already gone.

I've not watched it but I've a tab open which had one of her videos, now removed, on it.  Blurb says if  it disappears you can still get it from PlandemicMovie.com

46 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Thanks for posting it's a really good video.

It is actually worth watching, a business being entrepreneurial and inventive to work around the restrictions and the Dutch public welcoming. As a customer you have to book and such was the demand 240 greenhouses were booked in day😀

Nothing to do with people being scared, they are having to work within  the Dutch Government's restrictions. I

At present with no prospect of having a draught beer in a pub, I'd happily sit or stand outdoors if I meant I could have one. Me and millions of others in the UK right now would be the same.

I think it's a great idea and I'd certainly use it. I'd use it before Covid came along.

• Like 1