COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

50 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

It is irresponsible to pass the virus on or have it passed onto oneself and then pass it onto another through close contact. 

My choice is not harming anyone else or being harmed anyone else. 

But we are all responsible for our own actions 

Let's make a comparison to safe and unsafe casual sex

You don't know whether your partner has an STD and maybe you don't care. The next day you could pass it on to  another and so on. Or you could say that STDs are just a hoax and don't exist. 

Maybe not the best analogy but I hope you can see my point? 

Mate, bad compairison, I shagged all over the world, probably 500 girls in Thailand and never used a condom. (Except some Africa shithole and Haiti) .

You see, I like to enjoy life and in a natural way. I guess you see my point ?

Now if you want to wear a mask, please feel free. But dont teach me what I should do.

But of course, I have my limits. For example I dont drink Samson  because thats really bad for health. Oh, and I dont smoke. But you can do both if you sit at my table.in the bar, no problem..... It's your life.

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Nobody is going to go around coughing in the faces of elderly people, not going to happen. 

Well, sane folks anyway, however I've read on this forum that some posters think it would be funny? 

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Mate, bad compairison, I shagged all over the world, probably 500 girls in Thailand and never used a condom. (Except some Africa shithole and Haiti) .

Now if you want to wear a mask, please feel free. But dont teach me what I should do.

But of course, I have my limits. For example I dont drink Samson  because thats really bad for health. Oh, and I dont smoke. But you can do both if you sit at my table.in the bar, no problem..... It's your life.

Who's saying you have to wear a mask? You have the right not to do it and to take it to the highest court in the land, if need be, even if you live in the jungle. Canvas the streets if you think you need to. 

Edited by Kathmandu

22 minutes ago, Kathmandu said:

Who's saying you have to wear a mask? You have the right not to do it and to take it to the highest court in the land, if need be, even if you live in the jungle. Canvas the streets if you think you need to. 

Listen, you used to be Greenjeans or something like that in a previous forum life ?

I cant remember if under that name you were posting the same quantity of nonsense as you do now ?  Or are you just bored, gone bitter ?

Anyway, for the sake of the community (yes, yes..) please stop wasting bandwith.

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

. . .

Wow...must've had a lot of 'sloppy seconds'...huh?

80_300x300_Front_Color-White.jpg

• Haha 2

All this talk about masks.......I just dont feel like a free person  wearing a mask... I only wear one if I need to enter a grocery store or if I think I see a some police I have to walk by or some thing like that......I do keep a trusty mask in my pocket just incase....

EXa15AVWAAE48lx.jpg

Edited by fforest

^^^  Yea Bro .. I totally agree ... 

Just my feelings ... so everyone don't freak out on me for saying

I am forced to do and wear something I don't want to wear ... me being forced to do something I don't like or want to do is naturally going to cause me to rebel ... and say F**K it and F**K you ...

This is built into my DNA ... it has nothing to do with the virus ... I am being forced to do something I don't want to do ... 

Out of respect for other people I will put on and wear the "f***king" mask ... that is the only reason I am compromising when I walk into a 7/11 or a grocery store ... don't expect me to wear on the beach or try to keep me off the beach .. LOL

Out of the same respect for others I will stop my car at a red light, throw my garbage into a garbage bin . etc. but, this face mask thing and demanding people stay home ( lockdown ) and not being able to provide for their families .... has crossed the "line" with me ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

So .... "Social Distancing Robots" walking around in the parks in Singapore .... demanding people keep their distance from one another ....

WTF ... has the world turned into ...

Hahaha, I saw that....  Worst is that some will think this is a great idea....

Hopefully somebody will bug the bloody thing and send it walking in the lake.  

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^  Yea Bro .. I totally agree ... 

Just my feelings ... so everyone don't freak out on me for saying

I am forced to do and wear something I don't want to wear ... me being forced to do something I don't like or want to do is naturally going to cause me to rebel ... and say F**K it and F**K you ...

This is built into my DNA ... it has nothing to do with the virus ... I am being forced to do something I don't want to do ... 

Out of respect for other people I will put on and wear the "f***king" mask ... that is the only reason I am compromising when I walk into a 7/11 or a grocery store ... don't expect me to wear on the beach or try to keep me off the beach .. LOL

Out of the same respect for others I will stop my car at a red light, throw my garbage into a garbage bin . etc. but, this face mask thing and demanding people stay home ( lockdown ) and not being able to provide for their families .... has crossed the "line" with me ...

Just think of it as "seat belts" for your mouth...in some places, it's the law now.

lol...

mini-20200510-IMG_2300.jpg

Edited by lazarus
choking on my mask....

So ..

Am I allowed to go to work today or stay in or use public transport or go in my van or stay alert ?

Thought I'd better ask the google warriors on here ..

I'm fucking done with this bollox 🙄😆

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, roomark said:

So ..

Am I allowed to go to work today or stay in or use public transport or go in my van or stay alert ?

I booked today as holiday so am staying in bed. 😀

Back to work tomorrow.

Yeah, it is a bit mixed messages. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, roomark said:

So ..

Only if you're English ... if Scottish, Irish or Welsh then stay home ... not sure if Jack Charlton's Granny rules apply ,,, best check the websites 😉 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

So .... "Social Distancing Robots" walking around in the parks in Singapore .... demanding people keep their distance from one another ....

WTF ... has the world turned into ...

Neighbors spying on each other and reporting non-compliance to the authorities. That would make Stalin blush.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea .. whatever .. you are not going to convince me so .. give it a break and just give up !

Joe: Really don't care what you do.

But, what if somebody infected your lady or your kid because they didn't care?

Think about it.

16 minutes ago, Esco said:

Can we make fun of your PM yet?? 

:default_party-smiley-048:

No cheap shots, it's not an easy job, he has difficult decisions to make and he is doing his best.

Kind of things you say about 9 year kids when they're playing football, not in relation to world leaders and heads of state.

Yeah fill your boots Esco, even that leftie, tree hugging, knit your own yoghurt, communist rag the Daily Mail is apparently having a pop today.

Just now, lazarus said:

Joe: Really don't care what you do.

But, what if somebody infected your lady or your kid because they didn't care?

Think about it.

I do think about it everyday .... that is why I reluctantly take the necessary precautions when I am out and about ... so does my little family, and her family, and their relatives , etc. etc. 

But, I am not going to stop living "our lives" being afraid of everybody and everything .... and you can never depend on the other person doing the right "thing" ...

So .. I think just be smart and take care of your loved ones .... not be afraid ... get on with life ...   

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I do think about it everyday .... that is why I reluctantly take the necessary precautions when I am out and about ... so does my little family, and her family, and their relatives , etc. etc. 

But, I am not going to stop living "our lives" being afraid of everybody and everything .... and you can never depend on the other person doing the right "thing" ...

So .. I think just be smart and take care of your loved ones .... not be afraid ... get on with life ...   

After 60+ years I'm slowly accepting that a fair portion of life is "going with the flow." 
This is not necessarily appealing for one who likes to take their own path.

A few months ago I thought the "coronavirus threat" was BS...lots more people die from guns, car wrecks & opioids (here in the US), right?
Then I was hearing from friends in Singapore, Seoul and Yunnan PRC what was going on in late January & early February.
Now I have a friend who lost two family members, several friends that have been sick for over a month, friends who've beat it, etc.
Half of my city is boarded up.

Much of my family's daily life is changed. I take precautions when I'm in the general public. Staying well is a focus.
My kid needs to go to school. I've got places to be.
"Get(ting) on with life" is somewhat of an abstract concept at this point. Sounds good, though.

I believe that normalcy can only happen if people take more personal responsibility to make sure that it does happens.
Nobody is going to do it for them. Lately, I've seen a lot of people who -- for whatever reason -- don't seem to be doing this.
This does not make me "afraid" but it does make me worry that COVID-19 will be with us for longer than it has to be.

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 3

Surprising we never closed the world down for tuberculosis.....

Probably we were braver and less scared before ? 

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/tuberculosis

• A total of 1.5 million people died from TB in 2018 (including 251 000 people with HIV). Worldwide, TB is one of the top 10 causes of death and the leading cause from a single infectious agent (above HIV/AIDS).

Or why we aren't wearing masks since ages ?

"TB is spread from person to person through the air. When people with lung TB cough, sneeze or spit, they propel the TB germs into the air. A person needs to inhale only a few of these germs to become infected."

What a bloody comedy ! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1