COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

17 minutes ago, fforest said:

Well I was going to take a stab at your question.....But since you have already decided its all bullshit....I guess I wont bother.....

C19 is a hoax and part of some sinister plot to change world order. ...Just look around you C19 is changing the world order...and for the worse...

Agreed. And there's no point debating it with people who are convinced otherwise.

• Like 1

Talkback: Is social distancing a matter of personal choice?

As we head into the bank holiday weekend, have you noticed a change in people’s attitude to the lockdown?

More cars on the road, more people on the streets and in shops, are people treating social distancing as if it is a matter of personal choice?

Phycologist Pearse Conlan tells BBC's Talkback that people are "fed up with being restricted" and believes that people's attitudes may be changing because there is an "invisibility of the risks".

Mr Conlan says society is experiencing a "gradual desensitisation of risk"

"We begin to embrace it [the virus] and we are not as fearful of it as we previously were," Mr Conlan says.

Mr Conlan says a major factor is that Covid-19 has not touched many people directly and If people "don't see the risk they don't believe it is tangible".

"However, the risk is still there," Mr Conlan adds.

Mr Conlan believes people may feel like they have lost control over their day-to-day lives and are desperate to get back to some sense of normality.

He says this is the reason why we are seeing an increase in some people starting to gather in groups

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-northern-ireland-52683244

42 minutes ago, fforest said:

C19 is a hoax and part of some sinister plot to change world order. ...Just look around you C19 is changing the world order...and for the worse...

I do not wish to enter into a debate with you but I'd like you to clarify a point, please. 

"A hoax is a falsehood deliberately fabricated to masquerade as the truth" (Wikipedia). So do you mean that you believe that Covid-19 does not exist? If that isn't so, what do you mean by it being a hoax?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Talkback: Is social distancing a matter of personal choice?

As we head into the bank holiday weekend, have you noticed a change in people’s attitude to the lockdown?

More cars on the road, more people on the streets and in shops, are people treating social distancing as if it is a matter of personal choice?

Phycologist Pearse Conlan tells BBC's Talkback that people are "fed up with being restricted" and believes that people's attitudes may be changing because there is an "invisibility of the risks".

Mr Conlan says society is experiencing a "gradual desensitisation of risk"

"We begin to embrace it [the virus] and we are not as fearful of it as we previously were," Mr Conlan says.

Mr Conlan says a major factor is that Covid-19 has not touched many people directly and If people "don't see the risk they don't believe it is tangible".

"However, the risk is still there," Mr Conlan adds.

Mr Conlan believes people may feel like they have lost control over their day-to-day lives and are desperate to get back to some sense of normality.

He says this is the reason why we are seeing an increase in some people starting to gather in groups

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-northern-ireland-52683244

we are in a completely different phase of the infection...1st wave that is ...so the comments above are not an accurate reflection  of the public mood a per the phases of anxiety..apples and oranges do not a good fruit salad make  

Sadly I fear this may be a false dawn..but lets see

• Like 1

Just now, Ivan the terrible said:

we are in a completely different phase of the infection...1st wave that is ...so the comments above are not an accurate reflection  of the public mood a per the phases of anxiety..apples and oranges do not a good fruit salad make  

Sadly I fear this may be a false dawn..but lets see

I think it is a very accurate reflection of the current public mood, certainly here in Northern Ireland.

More businesses opening everyday, more people around, less social nonsense measures being observed.

Life is creeping back to normality because that's what the people want. No huge rise in infections or deaths here. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

i ,for one,would be interested in the response that you intended to post 

we all love each other here and its a marketplace of ideas...I'll have 2 of those....purely for example

Well a full answer would take pages and pages of writing......So to keep this short......There has always been a battle between positive and negative, freedom and tyranny on earth... 

C19 is just the latest and very successful thing I might add that they are using to take away any and all human rights from every one.....Global warming just was not getting the job done....Funny how I have not heard a word about Global warming for many months now.....

I bet there might be some nasty flu floating around that is killing a few people here and there but this should in no way be shutting down the world.....

Sure it may only be temperature guns and face masks today but they are going to keep asking for more and more and more until every one gets chipped.... How long this takes is hard to say...I use to think it was way in the future but I am not so sure any more.....

But its not all bad news because if negativity is taken to a extreme things will eventually bounce back on the positive side....Hopefully this happens sooner that later......

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dcfc2007 said:

I think it is a very accurate reflection of the current public mood, certainly here in Northern Ireland.

More businesses opening everyday, more people around, less social nonsense measures being observed.

Life is creeping back to normality because that's what the people want. No huge rise in infections or deaths here. 

i dont disagree ...CURRENT..but that does not negate the justifiable  fear  generally abroad at the time of the exponential rise in cases in mid -late march...which led to a justifiable government response 

UK now has 50 thousand ...thousand ...deaths ...does anyone truly believe that it would not be at least 100 Thousand without the lockdown ..thats 100,000 souls... at the very least,

Autumn may be more brutal ..we dont have a handle on the seasonalty of this virus yet

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

i dont disagree ...CURRENT..but that does not negate the justifiable  fear  generally abroad at the time of the exponential rise in cases in mid -late march...which led to a justifiable government response 

UK now has 50 thousand ...thousand ...deaths ...does anyone truly believe that it would not be at least 100 Thousand without the lockdown ..thats 100,000 souls... at the very least,

Autumn may be more brutal ..we dont have a handle on the seasonalty of this virus yet

Autumn won't be more brutal. The virus has been suppressed, the R number is down. Everything from here on in is a massive overreaction and doing more harm than good. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, fforest said:

Well a full answer would take pages and pages of writing......So to keep this short......There has always been a battle between positive and negative, freedom and tyranny on earth... 

C19 is just the latest and very successful thing I might add that they are using to take away any and all human rights from every one.....Global warming just was not getting the job done....Funny how I have not heard a word about Global warming for many months now.....

I bet there might be some nasty flu floating around that is killing a few people here and there but this should in no way be shutting down the world.....

Sure it may only be temperature guns and face masks today but they are going to keep asking for more and more and more until every one gets chipped.... How long this takes is hard to say...I use to think it was way in the future but I am not so sure any more.....

But its not all bad news because if negativity is taken to a extreme things will eventually bounce back on the positive side....Hopefully this happens sooner that later......

I honestly do not believe they are using this as a trojan horse ..the clamour for release WHEN THE TIME IS RGHTand the ultimate power of English Common Law will see us ok imo..provided we have British and not European judges as the ultimate arbitars

Hence Brexit...f**k knows what the frogs and their f***d up legal system will decree...we are well out

Edited by Ivan the terrible

44 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

im delighted..as far as it goes....

41 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

we dont know...neither do you ..an assertion with no evidence is not science

The latest rate is the same as the one released last week and remains higher than the previous one, which was between 0.5 and 0.9.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/22/coronavirus-uk-r-value-remains-second-week-row-scientists-say/amp/

The UK passed the coronavirus peak around mid-April. The curve has been flattened. This is what the evidence proves. 

29 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

The latest rate is the same as the one released last week and remains higher than the previous one, which was between 0.5 and 0.9.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/22/coronavirus-uk-r-value-remains-second-week-row-scientists-say/amp/

The UK passed the coronavirus peak around mid-April. The curve has been flattened. This is what the evidence proves. 

err... its not yet autumn..you are speculating..we dont kinow the seasonality of sars cov 2..all will be revealed in 5 months...prepare for the worst

39 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

err... its not yet autumn..you are speculating..we dont kinow the seasonality of sars cov 2..all will be revealed in 5 months...prepare for the worst

So what's this all about then? 

First it was flattening the curve, then it was getting the R number below 1, now we have to 'wait and see' what happens in case it comes back. 

Turkeys voting for Christmas. 

3 hours ago, farangme said:

Agreed. And there's no point debating it with people who are convinced otherwise.

I wasn't looking for debate because there is nothing to debate unless a proposal or theory is brought up. 

My post was actually asking some questions 

What conspiracy theories /hoaxes are there and an explanation of what they may be and why..  

So far I have notice a few members think that C19 is a hoax or scam but have not explained what hoax is, why and how

I am open to ideas but if I don't know what they are then I am left to believe they are generally bogus. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fforest said:

So who are "they" 

I don't understand your theory.  It seems a little Orwelian to me

But short of detail. There are lots of issues that have ended up on the back burner including Brexit, climate change, trade wars, Iran etc etc. I suspect that is because C19 is the most urgent and important on most government agendas at the moment. 

Are you suggesting that C19 doesn't really exist and that the deaths and infections reported from around the globe are a lie and its just to scare us all into submission? 

Just now, roomark said:

This shit has brought out a breed of people I just want to knock the f**k out ..

Sorry about your mate.

Cheers 

Some people here, sad to say, need it to hit them or a family member to realise their ignorance. 

Fucking clueless conspiracy theorists. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Don't understand how someone can have their say , but then the other can't have theirs..

We are all long enough in the tooth on here to govern ourselves and I think that the owners of the forum know that already so mods why delete posts when there is no need?

Yes we have a pandemic..... yes we should have some restrictions..... but no we do not need Govts whose only policy is that one solution will fit all.

This is from Australia... one of the countries that gets repeatedly reported that they have a handle on all things. Well this is a case where one glove does not fit all things... a good example where each case should be judged on its own merit.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/western-australia-perth-father-cancer-treatment-delayed-by-two-weeks-due-to-covid19/b87b7683-6dbe-4a99-a662-c69d76880144

This fellow is being denied treatment for 2 weeks because he has to isolate when he returns from NSW to WA.... even though he has been tested for Covid by some of the best medical experts in the country.

We have now have politicians making and over ruling medical decisions made by respected medical personal so they can hold onto their power that they have attained from this.... only one word for it...… disgraceful.

cheers

4 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Exactly.... but I must laugh every now again when the authorities trot all these experts out about Covid 19 when we have never experienced Covid 19 before....555 ….how can they be experts in a field that we have not experienced before???

cheers

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, roobob said:

Yes we have a pandemic..... yes we should have some restrictions..... but no we do not need Govts whose only policy is that one solution will fit all.

This is from Australia... one of the countries that gets repeatedly reported that they have a handle on all things. Well this is a case where one glove does not fit all things... a good example where each case should be judged on its own merit.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/western-australia-perth-father-cancer-treatment-delayed-by-two-weeks-due-to-covid19/b87b7683-6dbe-4a99-a662-c69d76880144

This fellow is being denied treatment for 2 weeks because he has to isolate when he returns from NSW to WA.... even though he has been tested for Covid by some of the best medical experts in the country.

We have now have politicians making and over ruling medical decisions made by respected medical personal so they can hold onto their power that they have attained from this.... only one word for it...… disgraceful.

cheers

Yes. If we look around at the way various countries have handled the C19 pandemic there are indeed variances and different responses. In many cases there is a lack of detail and broad brush responses. I think people should be concerned but also this is a new virus, the likes which has not been before of such a large scale since 1917. Scientists are still learning about how it works. It is frustrating when hospitals are not seeing all patients and it seems to be everywhere. My last 2 cancer followup appointments have been carried out by telephone 

I think that. Once the health services get on top of this outbreak then treatments will resume. Hospitals are concerned about the amount of traffic they have and the implications of spreading the virus in those hospitals. 

Nothing is perfect and mistakes are and probably will continue. That said the government's should be held to account. Not for C19 but the manner in which it is being handled