COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

The only problem with is that in places like London and other capital cities is. That there would not be enough parking spaces and there would be endless traffic jams. But for business and factories outside or on the outskirts of major towns and cities it would be more favourable than using Public transport with people packed into trains and subway etc where no social distance can be applied or is not being applied. 

I won't use public transport at the moment and stick to driving but I am retired now so I don't need to

Some cities need to be completely reconfigured for public transport. Roads need to be widened, bus/terminals, bus lanes etc. Belfast for example is famous for his narrow streets, some of the busiest roads in the cities are only one lane in each direction, it makes a public transport a nightmare to install. 

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Today's UK press conference is actually pretty entertaining 555

Amazing that in the middle of the biggest crisis since WWII & at the start of possibly the worst recession ever the press and the main opposition party are only interested in a road trip undertaken by a single person back in March.

OK he is an advisor to the PM but at least he didn't tell porkies to get us into an illegal war,as a previous PM's advisor did.

I think they're after a bit of revenge for Brexit....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Amazing that in the middle of the biggest crisis since WWII & at the start of possibly the worst recession ever the press and the main opposition party are only interested in a road trip undertaken by a single person back in March.

OK he is an advisor to the PM but at least he didn't tell porkies to get us into an illegal war,as a previous PM's advisor did.

I think it's more about the hypocrisy ... do as I say , not as I do 

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I think it's more about the hypocrisy ... do as I say , not as I do 

True but when you read into it he was trying to ensure the safety of his child.

Anyway the term hypocrisy is lost on politicians,of all parties.

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

There's more faux outrage over Dominic than Prof Ferguson. Speaks volumes really... 

During Covid 19 with the restrictions that are made on the public we expect our politicians and those who advise them to do exactly the same by example.

What sort of message does it send to the public?

Do as I say not do as I do.

He should be sacked IMO. But Boris needs him .

If it was not for the MSN we probably would not have known about it. 

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

There's more faux outrage over Dominic than Prof Ferguson. Speaks volumes really... 

Rightly so when you consider the Prof didn't have Covid 19 when he broke lockdown, unlike the Prime minister's closest advisor when he traveled all the way from London to Durham ffs.

Don't forget the timeline, millions of people managed to make sacrifices and follow the guidelines. 

Might sound contradictory but speaking as a father, if he did what he thought was best for his family then fair fucks to him.

Still think he should do the decent thing and resign. He could be back in favour in 3 months .....

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

During Covid 19 with the restrictions that are made on the public we expect our politicians and those who advise them to do exactly the same by example.

What sort of message does it send to the public?

Do as I say not do as I do.

He should be sacked IMO. But Boris needs him .

The guy a job, like all of us. His job is to sell the governments policy to the people. Wether he believes in it or agrees with it doesn't even matter. Next year he could be selling an complete opposite policy. It's just a job.

Apart from that, he has a private life, like all of us. And that part belongs to him. 

Much ado for nothing.  After all, everybody likes to enjoy the little perks that goes with the job....

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

The guy a job, like all of us. His job is to sell the governments policy to the people. Wether he believes in it or agrees with it doesn't even matter. Next year he could be selling an complete opposite policy. It's just a job.

Apart from that, he has a private life, like all of us. And that part belongs to him. 

Much ado for nothing.  After all, everybody likes to enjoy the little perks that goes with the job....

Not forgetting that he was trying to safeguard his child....who wouldn't do something similar?

• Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

The real irony is that we all have access to the MSN 

However there is a mental process depending on one's belief subset which then decifers which articles they chose to believe and those they don't.  So people can quote either fact or opinion when it suits their argument but often source the MSN in favour of their argument. 

Many people are unable to apply critical thinking. Their argument is usually based on a random headline here or there. Critical Thinking skills are sadly lacking in social media posts. Including this forum in particular.

12 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

.The situation where we e overwhelmthe health sevice has passed

No way buddy. In the USA we already have hot spots cropping up. We are a big country and there are weak borders from state to state, if any at all.

7 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Belfast for example is famous for his narrow streets, some of the busiest roads in the cities are only one lane in each direction...etc.

Have you thought about shedding a few pounds to help out the cause? ☺️

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, fygjam said:

Depends where you are.

At the shopping centres I use they still rely on people doing the right thing. Most do, no need to bribe them but there are still some lazy kunts who can't walk 10 metres.

The other point of view would be that guys have lost their jobs and a service has been removed just so some pompous twats can big themselves up on the internet.

8 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

It's MSM. Mainstream Media.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/acronyms/msm/

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, KWA said:

The other point of view would be that guys have lost their jobs and a service has been removed just so some pompous twats can big themselves up on the internet.

I knew it go over the head of some.

Never mind!

• Sad 1

Wonder how many "bots" are on this forum..?

Roughly half the Twitter accounts pushing to 'reopen America' are bots, researchers found

Carnegie Mellon University researchers analyzed over 200 million tweets discussing COVID-19 and related issues since January and found that roughly half the accounts — including 62% of the 1,000 most influential retweeters — appeared to be bots, they said in a report published this week.

That's a far higher level of bot activity than usual, even when it comes to contentious events — the level of bot involvement in discussions about things like US elections or natural disasters is typically 10% to 20%.

The researchers identified bots using artificial-intelligence systems that analyze accounts' frequency of tweets, number of followers, and apparent location...

https://www.businessinsider.com/nearly-half-of-reopen-america-twitter-accounts-are-bots-report-2020-5?amp&__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR1eDuLXM6zdMymFXq5cpL8CrgSZXbLC2Swji2Zrh5gLlJ6JOveD2KYlv4g

7 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

Qued to get INTO  the hospital

Because it can take up to TEN HOURS for ONE ADMISSION and the Non Corona, the serious admissions get priority in the hospital first.  

Ambulance drivers have to queue (That's how to spell) by the way, have to sit for up to TEN HOURS outside until the Hospital is disinfected each time.

Read the subtitles.

Around 25 ambulances queue at Pokrovskaya hospital in St. Petersburg to bring in COVID-19 patients. A member of the medical staff explains that only one patient can be admitted at a time, slowing down the admission process and leading to long queue where staff can wait for up to 10 hours.