COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

It's pointless debating when you are ignorant to facts.

There have been several polls conducted by different polling companies, using a number of different methods, all showing the same thing.

A majority of Brits are happy to sit at home on furlough pay and they are enjoying it, noting ludicrous about that, cold hard facts. 

Screenshot_20200525_101117.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/11586343/majority-brits-support-longer-lockdown/amp/

31 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

AHH,the good old Current Bun, another MSM non histerical tabloid 😄 gone down to 50 percent now lapping it up with nothing to spend our money on  but mortgages, rent, gas, electricity, Council Tax, phone,internet, credit cards and debt repayment, food, and online shopping,

Maybe employee s who have been layed off should get nothing and left to starve and get into debt. That would teach them . And on top of being at risk to virus they can endure more misery?.😄 cold hard facts ay?

So you were saying only a few days ago that the MSM and the government had scared everyone into believing a SCAM yet.at the same time they print FACTS.?

Mmmm. Or is it just selected facts that you agree with??? And financed by Rupert Murdock 😄

Think about it

As mentionned in the article the poll was done by Deltapoll UK.

all info available on their website. I think it's this one

http://www.deltapoll.co.uk/polls/coronavirus

Go back to their main page and you can see other polls they have done.

• Like 1

Meanwhile...back in reality...

..."The reality is that there are too many people who are coming together," Mayor Sylvester Turner said.

"No social distancing, no mask. And then after this Memorial Day weekend is over they're going to be on somebody's job or in close proximity to somebody else."

So far, infections in the country top 1,643,000 and deaths inch closer to top 100,000...

_ _ _

Some Americans take a holiday from social distancing and officials fear future spikes in coronavirus cases

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/25/health/us-coronavirus-memorial-day/index.html

20200524-IMG_3782.jpg

Edited by lazarus
sand in my crack
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Meanwhile...back in reality...

..."The reality is that there are too many people who are coming together," Mayor Sylvester Turner said.

"No social distancing, no mask. And then after this Memorial Day weekend is over they're going to be on somebody's job or in close proximity to somebody else."

So far, infections in the country top 1,643,000 and deaths inch closer to top 100,000...

_ _ _

Some Americans take a holiday from social distancing and officials fear future spikes in coronavirus cases

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/25/health/us-coronavirus-memorial-day/index.html

20200524-IMG_3782.jpg

Absolutely agree

The problem is that many people seem to have just an on/off switch with no sense of graduation and sensibility.

I see things changing here. Whilst I must say that in the main people continue to distance, but since the rules were slightly relaxed recently, some are seeing that as a green light to be less cautious.  If the spread goes upward again on the  'R' factor then that will bring back tighter restrictions for all of us again and a step backwards

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I see things changing here. Whilst I must say that in the main people continue to distance, but since the rules were slightly relaxed recently, some are seeing that as a green light to be less cautious.  If the spread goes upward again on the  'R' factor then that will bring back tighter restrictions for all of us again and a step backwards

Totally agree. I want life to get back to normal, but not at the expense of another hard lock-down.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aqualung said:

Quite frankly I think the media coverage re Cummings over the last 48 hours has been nothing short of a feckin joke. 

OK, we all know he's dropped a massive bollock... Who bloody cares as hundreds of thousands of other brits have done exactly the same. Jesus, Robert Peston, Laura khunsberg et Al are acting like the Gestapo. It's fuckin boring and deflecting from the bigger issue. 

48 hours of Cummings....... I wish 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

It just shows how much of other stuff is of interest right now.

4 minutes ago, boydeste said:

It just shows how much of other stuff is of interest right now.

For millions of ordinary Brits this Cummings shit must have been so mind numbingly boring. Surely the BBC has got to up their game regarding the covid situation. The last 2 days, the BBC should be embarrassed. 

I'm thinking of subscribing to the Beano and Dandy again 🙄

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Aqualung said:

For millions of ordinary Brits this Cummings shit must have been so mind numbingly boring. Surely the BBC has got to up their game regarding the covid situation. The last 2 days, the BBC should be embarrassed. 

They are a joke right now for sure!

6 hours ago, Aqualung said:

What do you meant the last 2 days? Try the past 2 months since this started!!

Laura Kuenssberg has been an absolute fucking joke reporter for the BBC since this started! Why should I have to pay my license fee to hear the utter shite that comes out of her mouth!!

She should do the honourable thing and commit Hari Kari!!

• Thumbs Up 2

A couple of thing accur to me about the Cummings episode.

Firstly, if the media are so concerned that this story will damage the lockdown and cost lives then why did they report it?

Secondly, they say he should resign as it should be the same rules for everybody, in which case they'll no doubt be calling on the thousands of people who've been caught breaking lockdown rules to resign from their jobs as well. Perhaps they should start with the crowd of press photographers who swarmed over Cummings' car in flagrant breach of social distancing rules.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh oh...someone is going to have to "toe the line" soon...

'New normal': Indonesian army set to enforce COVID-19 measures

Indonesia has ordered the deployment of hundreds of thousands of troops and police officers to enforce rules on wearing face masks and physical distancing, as the world's fourth-most populous nation prepares to reopen its economy after a coronavirus lockdown...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/05/normal-indonesian-army-set-enforce-covid-19-measures-200526083011926.html?fbclid=IwAR1uKlrqSzmWXs6-OtUf0efbUMCEF4mwhMihwc6OZbLwpbQw_Ah-6krkAJk

11 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Couldn't agree more - and that applies to Sky News too, as I normally watch that.

The press representatives at the daily pressers are crap. They simply don't ask the right questions in the right way and when they have the chance to come back none of them say "you didn't directly answer the question" and ask it again in a way they have to answer it straight.

I get so frustrated. I'd love to have the chance to have 20 minutes asking questions to Boris and Hancock.

Reality check...(not political)...a comparison of two countries and the result of their actions (or lack thereof).

(Update -- United States    99,847 COVID dead as of 26 May)

100481734_10222150399419722_4943136792212668416_n.jpg

Edited by lazarus
grim reaper always gets his man

I think that mistakes have been made by many countries and those that chose to ignore the virus during its early stages are now paying a higher price for it

The main way that this virus spread from county to country was through Air Travel. There can be little doubt over that.

It is of no suprise to me that many countries, especially those on the low end of infections per capita, are concerned about opening their doors to people from counties that still have high infection rates and higher death rates. Not  only that but then there is another risk of people flying in packed. Planes breathing the same air and with inadequate social distancing

My view is that until the infection rates globally reach very low or zero cases, then even with air bubble agreements between certain countries, there is still a chance of there being a second wave which could then spread to and from different countries both through business and domestic air travel and trains and ferries etc to a lesser extent.

I know, it's a gloomy prospect but countries will have the right to do what they see fit whilst also acknowledging the financial impact on their country.

Let's just take away the air travel and immigration for the moment   Some countries have opened up and taken away many of their lockdown conditions  in doing so there is a risk of a second wave Pandemic within those individual countries

It's probably still too early to see whether that is the case or not.  People can guess but it will be a number of weeks to show the reality and the benefits/ deficits or government decisions

On the positive side,if those country's economies start to pick up ,and they wish to maintain that regrowth pattern, then are they still going to risk that by opening their boarders up again. Some will and some may not 

Once this Pandemic dies down, and most believe that it will, then there are all the pieces to pick up again and that could take a number of years to get back to anywhere normal

I think that in Asian countries old people are traditionally held in high esteem and often still live with their families.
Hence, most countries' actions taken to curb COVID-19 reflect a nod toward the fact that the disease mainly kills the elderly.

In western countries, the elderly are often hidden away in care homes and assisted living facilities.
Once "placed" there, older people are often forgotten by their families as too much of a burden even to visit.

I saw this with my own late mother who spent some time in a convalescence home recovering from a fall.
I would visit her daily, often with my daughter, ...
the faces of the people sitting in the common room would light up when they saw my daughter (she was 5 at the time).
I felt sorry for these folks. I could tell immediately what they were thinking.

Now our elders are being sacrificed (in some places)...
It seems that aggressively fighting COVID-19 has taken a backseat to "reopening the economy."

Edited by lazarus
old but not in the way
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, lazarus said:

I think that in Asian countries old people are traditionally held in high esteem and often still live with their families.
Hence, most countries' actions taken to curb COVID-19 reflect a nod toward the fact that the disease mainly kills the elderly.

In western countries, the elderly are often hidden away in care homes and assisted living facilities.
Once "placed" there, older people are often forgotten by their families as too much of a burden even to visit.

I saw this with my own late mother who spent some time in a convalescence home recovering from a fall.
I would visit her daily, often with my daughter, ...
the faces of the people sitting in the common room would light up when they saw my daughter (she was 5 at the time).
I felt sorry for these folks. I could tell immediately what they were thinking.

Now our elders are being sacrificed (in some places)...
It seems that aggressively fighting COVID-19 has taken a backseat to "reopening the economy."

You make a very good point about the elderly which I think is very true.