COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

6 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

Cummings did the right thing by his family...there are approved exemptions for this ...he is in the clear...as he should be

The Minister for Health in Scotland got caught visiting her holiday home twice, but she went on the telly and apologised profusely and is still in place. 
Cummings didn’t, he had to be dragged in front of the cameras and didn’t even apologise!
And what’s with driving 60miles “to test my eyesight”?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

The Minister for Health in Scotland got caught visiting her holiday home twice, but she went on the telly and apologised profusely and is still in place. 

Naw mate, she had her arse booted out the same day.

• Thumbs Up 1

If only there were more MPs who believed in honour and integrity.

Quote from BBC

Mr Ross, who remains Conservative MP for Moray, said: "While the intentions may have been well meaning, the reaction to this news shows that Mr Cummings' interpretation of the government advice was not shared by the vast majority of people who have done as the government asked.

"I have constituents who didn't get to say goodbye to loved ones; families who could not mourn together; people who didn't visit sick relatives because they followed the guidance of the government.

"I cannot in good faith tell them they were all wrong and one senior adviser to the government was right."

If DC would of held up his hands and said I f***d up to protect my family, I am sorry, here is my resignation. He just might of earned a bit of respect and would more than likely be back playing Rod Hull to bojo's emu within a couple of months. Instead of that we have had 4 days of bollocks when there really are way more important things to focus on.

Edited by Smiler
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

For those who thought that the Swedish model was the correct model should maybe think again as Sweden becomes the country with the highest Corona virus death rate per capita over the past 7 days.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/20/sweden-becomes-country-highest-coronavirus-death-rate-per-capita/

That's two Swedish models that have proved to be a crock of shit then. :default_clapping:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Boris is under Cummings spell same as Blair was with Campbell. 

Boris hasn't got a clue , he just wanted to be PM ..... Cummings is the power behind the a throne and deals with all the detail BoJo can't be arsed with plus pushes his own agenda  .... he's one of the unelected officials making decisions that I thought we would loose once leaving the EU ... 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 9:38 PM, Thai Spice said:

Well, no updated data for the weekly “corona in France” numbers..

Reason ? Thu 21/5 was Ascension Day, a public holiday in France. And as it fell on a Thursday they made the “bridge” with the WE……  And INSEE (equivalent UK’s ONS) was on leave !

But The Economist has a very good article on the subject, covering most Europe and working with the approach I defend since the beginning “excess deaths”

"A better way to measure the damage caused by such a medical crisis is to look at “excess mortality”: the gap between the total number of people who died from any cause, and the historical average for the same place and time of year. The charts below use data from EuroMOMO, a network of epidemiologists who collect weekly reports on deaths from all causes in 24 European countries, covering 350m people."

Article is pretty well explained and even for those not familiar with charts and numbers, the presentation is very visual and easy to grasp.

I am not going to past the whole article (I consider it a waste of space to copy / paste lengthy articles) but here are the links

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/04/16/tracking-covid-19-excess-deaths-across-countries?utm_campaign=coronavirus-special-edition&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_source=salesforce-marketing-cloud&utm_term=2020-05-02&utm_content=cover_text_url_2

Data comes from EuroMOMO (origanisation I discovered with this article) 

https://www.euromomo.eu/

And the charts are clear

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps

Euro MOMO 1.jpg

Tough chart to read. But it looks like pooled deaths, whatever that means spiked up to a third higher than a year ago. The dotted line appears to be BS. Gotta believe this source is dubious.

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2020 at 3:49 AM, Thai Spice said:

As mentionned in the article the poll was done by Deltapoll UK.

all info available on their website. I think it's this one

http://www.deltapoll.co.uk/polls/coronavirus

Go back to their main page and you can see other polls they have done.

🤣🤣🤣 Delta Poll is regularly wrong. But, please carry on. In these challenging times, we all need a good laugh.

Edited by Kathmandu