COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

On 5/25/2020 at 3:49 AM, Thai Spice said:

As mentionned in the article the poll was done by Deltapoll UK.

all info available on their website. I think it's this one

http://www.deltapoll.co.uk/polls/coronavirus

Go back to their main page and you can see other polls they have done.

I'm considering reporting this post as I feel you are purposing spreading lies. 

• Haha 1

It seems to me that Governments the world over are generally trying their best to combat the effects of Covid19.

They find themselves in an unprecidented situation and are making the rules up as they go along and not helped by so called "experts" who unfortunately all too often seem to take the same approach making up the "science" as they go along. Sometimes they get it right and sometimes they do not but they are (mostly) all trying to get it right.

The UK Government is no different and is trying to do what they believe is best for the nation. They quite plainly do not always succeed but they are getting a lot more right than they get wrong.

Would Labour had done any better?

How can we ever know because they rarely if ever offer any real alternatives or praise even when it is due. They just look for any reason to criticise and pick holes and The Guardian Newspaper is carrying out a non-stop campaign of criticising everything and anything the Government does.

Is Cummings a plonker?

Probably, but Johnson obviously considers him an important advisor to the Government otherwise he would and probably should have sacked him.

If I was Johnson I would, to use a fine Scottish expression, tell'm all to "get-ta-f**k". 😀

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jambo said:

It seems to me that Governments the world over are generally trying their best to combat the effects of Covid19.

They find themselves in an unprecidented situation and are making the rules up as they go along and not helped by so called "experts" who unfortunately all too often seem to take the same approach making up the "science" as they go along. Sometimes they get it right and sometimes they do not but they are (mostly) all trying to get it right.

The UK Government is no different and is trying to do what they believe is best for the nation. They quite plainly do not always succeed but they are getting a lot more right than they get wrong.

Would Labour had done any better?

How can we ever know because they rarely if ever offer any real alternatives or praise even when it is due. They just look for any reason to criticise and pick holes and The Guardian Newspaper is carrying out a non-stop campaign of criticising everything and anything the Government does.

Is Cummings a plonker?

Probably, but Johnson obviously considers him an important advisor to the Government otherwise he would and probably should have sacked him.

If I was Johnson I would, to use a fine Scottish expression, tell'm all to "get-ta-f**k". 😀

You have to remember that for Labour to have done any better it would mean that they won the last election and Corbyn & Abbott would've been in charge....

• Thumbs Up 3

56 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

You have to remember that for Labour to have done any better it would mean that they won the last election and Corbyn & Abbott would've been in charge....

Anyone that thinks Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell would have handled this better needs their heads looked at. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Anyone that thinks Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell would have handled this better needs their heads looked at. 

Abbott probably would have said it was created by the white man to control the black population. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Absolutely 😁

But they're not in power so it's pointless.

As is going down the "what aboutary" or leavers v remoaners, right v looney left roads.

We have the governments who we voted for and IMHO we should hold them to account when they f**k up. It's a fundamental right in a free society. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/26/2020 at 7:12 PM, monkeyman said:

Journalists asking Dominic Cummings why he broke the lockdown rules, something they would obviously never do...

5eca72a820302712280475c4.JPG

I hold no love for the arrogant asshole and think he should go, but these “journalists” and “photographers” are an ugly group. 
Iv’e seen packs of feral dogs in Thailand better behaved than that lot. 🤔

• Like 6

1 hour ago, KhunDon said:

I hold no love for the arrogant asshole and think he should go, but these “journalists” and “photographers” are an ugly group. 

They are like a pack of wolves and won't stop until every last drop of blood has been spilt.

Fooking discusting if ya ask me. :default_1087:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunDon said:

Why haven't they all resigned for endangering Dominic Cummings' life  by breaking social distancing rules?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, monkeyman said:

Why haven't they all resigned for endangering Dominic Cummings' life  by breaking social distancing rules?

Hasn't he had COVID already ... thought that was the whole reason behind his trip ?

Edited by Stillearly
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dominic Cummings is not an elected politician

He is a very well paid advisor to Boris Johnson and his Cabinet

It is not just as if the opposition are calling for his resignation but 35 Tory MPs who are not happy that he broke the rules that the general public were told to follow. 

I am not surprised that many people are angry about this especially as Cummings played an architectural role in setting out the rules of Lockdown during the Covid Pandemic. 

Another question is how did he get it? He carried on working when many others are unable to when he still work remotely from his home and remote meetings can also take place with the technology available.

There have been a few high profile advisors who have broken the rules  with the "do as I say, not do as I do"see attitude and behaviour

If he had even apologised it would have been start. But that in itself would have been an admission of guilt

Had he resigned, I doubt whether he would have been hounded by reporters. My opinion is that Boris Johnson was weak and found it difficult to defend him, so therefore a long winded press conference was awarded to Cummings which was totally unnecessary. 

In other words Johnson passed the buck and as his employer he should have sacked him

The real reason that he did not is because he needs Cummings around for the Brexit negotiations.

Whether Conservative, Labour or Lib Dem, it makes no difference.Prime ministers are accountable both to the public and to Parliament

Meanwhile, members of the public who act in the same way as Cummings could be fined  and even turned back from their journey. Is Matt Hancock going to relax the rules for the sake of Cummings of for the safety of the people. I can

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On a brighter note and less political, cases  of C19 are continuing to fall both for death and infections in the UK and other countries in Europe and as from June 15th many non essential shops will be opening their doors but with obvious precautions as seen at supermarkets.

Let's hope that people will be sensible and continue to abide by the regulations in place

The South Americas including Brazil now appear to be enduring the worst of the Pandemic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

On a brighter note and less political, cases  of C19 are continuing to fall both for death and infections in the UK and other countries in Europe and as from June 15th many non essential shops will be opening their doors but with obvious precautions as seen at supermarkets.

Let's hope that people will be sensible and continue to abide by the regulations in place

The South Americas including Brazil now appear to be enduring the worst of the Pandemic

Glad to see we're back on track. Yes, South America is/will be the next hot spot. Predictably, The Trump administration is behind the ball. He allowed the European virus to spread in New York too.  

3 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

Glad to see we're back on track. Yes, South America is/will be the next hot spot. Predictably, The Trump administration is behind the ball. He allowed the European virus to spread in New York too.  

There still remains a large poster outside our local main Tesco Shopping center headed up "The Wuhan virus".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

We havnt had a new case on Vancouver Island for almost a week.

mind you,we aren’t  doing any testing either.🤷‍♂️

Edited by Skalliwag

A close relative of SARS-CoV-2 found in bats offers more evidence it evolved naturally

There is ongoing debate among policymakers and the general public about where
SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, came from. While researchers consider
bats the most likely natural hosts for SARS-CoV-2, the origins of the virus are still
unclear.

On May 10 in the journal Current Biology, researchers describe a recently identified bat coronavirus that is
SARS-CoV-2's closest relative in some regions of the genome and which contains insertions of amino acids at
the junction of the S1 and S2 subunits of the virus's spike protein in a manner similar to SAR-CoV-2. While it's not
a direct evolutionary precursor of SARS-CoV-2, this new virus, RmYN02, suggests that these types of seemingly
unusual insertion events can occur naturally in coronavirus evolution, the researchers say.

"Since the discovery of SARS-CoV-2 there have been a number of unfounded suggestions that the virus has a
laboratory origin,"
says senior author Weifeng Shi, director and professor at the Institute of Pathogen Biology at
Shandong First Medical University in China. "In particular, it has been proposed the S1/S2 insertion is highly
unusual and perhaps indicative of laboratory manipulation. Our paper shows very clearly that these events occur
naturally in wildlife. This provides strong evidence against SARS-CoV-2 being a laboratory escape."

The researchers identified RmYN02 from an analysis of 227 bat samples collected in Yunnan province, China,
between May and October of 2019. "Since the discovery that bats were the reservoir of SARS coronavirus in
2005, there has been great interest in bats as reservoir species for infectious diseases, particularly as they carry
a very high diversity of RNA viruses, including coronaviruses," Shi says. RNA from the samples was sent for
metagenomic next-generation sequencing in early January 2020, soon after the discovery of SARS-CoV-2.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/05/200511142202.htm