COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

10 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Hasn't he had COVID already ... thought that was the whole reason behind his trip ?

Well he says he has, so it must be true. :default_angel:

They're still endangering each others lives in the photo so they should all resign. Off you go, boys and girls.

On second thoughts don't bother, because in the real world nobody gives a shit about this story anyway. Party on. :default_fun:

• Thumbs Up 1

The Grim Reaper is just getting started in the USA...

Nearing 100,000 COVID-19 Deaths, U.S. Is Still 'Early In This Outbreak'

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/05/26/862230065/as-the-u-s-heads-toward-100-000-covid-19-deaths-we-re-early-in-this-outbreak?fbclid=IwAR2jSbTa0p_K4uTYuzcCZXbJM4Vy-_DPlNTpsNkR4Kg-qPSlfy0OU72MmwQ

"...— the projections are that we're probably going to see 70,000 to 100,000 deaths between now and the end of the summer.

While the pace will slow down, because we are doing some amount of social distancing and testing is ramping up — we're going to, unfortunately, see a lot more sickness and, unfortunately, a lot more deaths in the upcoming months..."

. . .

How To Make Sense of All The COVID-19 Projections? A New Model Combines Them

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/05/13/855038708/combining-different-models-new-coronavirus-projection-shows-110-000-deaths-by-ju

"...Still, in that first week of June about 7,000 people are projected to die. The clear implication, adds Reich: The cumulative death toll of 110,000 forecast through June 6 will unquestionably rise much higher in the weeks beyond..."

237953.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

Actually the last sentence of the abstract of the paper describing the author's computer simulation says

Overall, the data indicates that SARSCoV2 is uniquely adapted to infect humans, raising questions as to whether it arose in nature by a rare chance event or whether its origins lie elsewhere.

Whereas the last two sentences of the summary of the paper I referenced, based on the study of the genomes of 227 actual bats said

Critically, and in a similar manner to SARS-CoV-2, RmYN02 was characterized by the insertion of multiple amino acids at the junction site of the S1 and S2 subunits of the spike (S) protein. This provides strong evidence that such insertion events can occur naturally in animal betacoronaviruses.

I guess it depends upon your belief in the bats vs the computer.

I have have been in self isolation now for 2 months. I have not been to shops and only gone out for exercise..

It has been really tough but being border line high risk group I chose to do what I consider the safest thing to do. 

I hate being dependent on anyone, yet I have found myself in that position. There are some days when I drive 5 miles to open country and go for a walk when I feel happy and there are others when I am stuck in doors with cabin fever and can't find enough to occupy myself with. So I have been spending loads of time on the phone with family and friends. Last week I ventured out to a park where I met up with my daughter and grandson but we kept a distance. I was lovely to have that contact even though limited

I have noticed this last week even out of my window how many more cars and people are about and it almost appears to be normal

But I am going to stick it out awhile longer as I have this far. Loads of things I want from the shops and maybe my daughter can get them for me when non essential shops reopen in just over a fortnight.

I think the phase.two of  the easing of restrictions will be the most telling yet will not be known until early/mid July or even later, whether new C19  cases rise again and death rates rise accordingly. 

It's great that perhaps with the summer weather now here that people can enjoy more freedoms but I hope that the majority of people are sensible and realise that there is still a way to go yet.

It would appear that the worst is over and largely because of social distancing, self isolation  and recommended safety measures.  I hope that most people will not let their guard down during the next few weeks, as a second wave could set us back weeks and months if we have to go back to phase 1 lockdown.

Stay safe, stay happy, if both are possible.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I have have been in self isolation now for 2 months. I have not been to shops and only gone out for exercise..

It has been really tough but being border line high risk group I chose to do what I consider the safest thing to do. 

I hate being dependent on anyone, yet I have found myself in that position. There are some days when I drive 5 miles to open country and go for a walk when I feel happy and there are others when I am stuck in doors with cabin fever and can't find enough to occupy myself with. So I have been spending loads of time on the phone with family and friends. Last week I ventured out to a park where I met up with my daughter and grandson but we kept a distance. I was lovely to have that contact even though limited

I have noticed this last week even out of my window how many more cars and people are about and it almost appears to be normal

But I am going to stick it out awhile longer as I have this far. Loads of things I want from the shops and maybe my daughter can get them for me when non essential shops reopen in just over a fortnight.

I think the phase.two of  the easing of restrictions will be the most telling yet will not be known until early/mid July or even later, whether new C19  cases rise again and death rates rise accordingly. 

It's great that perhaps with the summer weather now here that people can enjoy more freedoms but I hope that the majority of people are sensible and realise that there is still a way to go yet.

It would appear that the worst is over and largely because of social distancing, self isolation  and recommended safety measures.  I hope that most people will not let their guard down during the next few weeks, as a second wave could set us back weeks and months if we have to go back to phase 1 lockdown.

Stay safe, stay happy, if both are possible.

You sound like the Prophet of Doom.

Its Ragnarock - Welcome to the Apocalypse.

There were more Thai's killed on one weekend recently on motorbikes than the total number of individuals who have died from Covid19 in Thailand.

If you are not currently in a Care Home and enjoy good health  generally speaking your chance of dropping brown bread from Covid19 is remote whatever your age.

If your in a Care Home ....................... its Hotel California anyway. 😀

Enjoy life whilst you can - live dangerously.

• Like 4

Where I live they are ramping up COVID-19 safety requirements.
We've had it pretty easy thus far (cases & deaths)...seems they want to keep it that way.

> > > May 28, 3:05 p.m. "The City  is now requiring that individuals wear masks whenever they leave their homes and interact with people outside their households.

The city previously only required masks in mostly indoor situations, but it now mandates that individuals wear masks when exercising less than 30 feet from others or when passing people on the sidewalk.

...businesses have the right to turn away any individuals who are not wearing masks, but asked that individuals not confront non-mask-wearers.

"If you are not the police, please don't act like the police," (the mayor) said. "The last thing we want to see are people who are confronting other people and creating what could escalate to a violent situation. Just let us do our job."

Got to have the right mask, too...   

20200522_165511.jpg

I cant wait to have a holiday and have already packed by bucket and spade.

I have been taking the advice given to me by the consultant I am under at At George's hospital. I am not in a care home yet😄it's just my immune system is still low following treatment. So for me, I am a higher risk than a healthy person in their 30 's statistically. 

I am not suggesting that everyone does as I chose but I am hoping,, like everyone else, that the Pandemic is soon over

It's just that some people are acting as if it were all over and of course it is not and in London where I live, there are still lots of cases.

My personal concern, is that we don't open up too quickly and bring on a second wave having got this far.

I have stuck it for two months, I can do it for another two if need be. 

I would say that I was cautiously optimistic

My apologies for my inappropriate misguided ramblings.

You keep safe and I wish you a complete recovery. 😀

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I'm convinced that by winter this will be like a bad dream, and we will have moved on to the next news cycle of imminent destruction and death. 

Or onto the next pandemic🤔

• Like 1

I cant wait to have a holiday and have already packed by bucket and spade.

I have been taking the advice given to me by the consultant I am under at At George's hospital. I am not in a care home yet😄it's just my immune system is still low following treatment. So for me, I am a higher risk than a healthy person in their 30 's statistically. 

I am not suggesting that everyone does as I chose but I am hoping,, like everyone else, that the Pandemic is soon over

It's just that some people are acting as if it were all over and of course it is not and in London where I live, there are still lots of cases.

My personal concern, is that we don't open up too quickly and bring on a second wave having got this far.

I have stuck it for two months, I can do it for another two if need be. 

I would say that I was cautiously optimistic

Im a bit confused ..so your risk is  equivalent to a healthy 40 yr old ...or higher?

I have high BP (treated well on meds),hyperlipidaemia , and smoke too much (Copd doesnt seem to be a risk factor very strangely...just reflects this a blood vessel disease in many cases not lung disease)..am wondering how you guage your personal risk?