COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

5 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

As I said, my Consultant has said I am fairly high risk. I have recently undergone cancer treatment and I am 68 years old. My risk is not equivalent to a 40 year old.  But at the end of the day we have to judge for ourselves what risks we should take or not take. I won't travel on public transport yet or go shopping in a busy high street when non essential shops open in UK. Hope that answers your question

it does mate...your personal isolation sounds entirely appropriate...hope it lifts soon for you

• Like 2

Glorious day in London. Wee stroll to the market, get some fresh fruit. Loads of people out and about, even seen a few Turkish barbers open, though a bit 'undercover', newspapers on the windows, but you knew they were open. No pics for obvious reasons, smashed phone and kebab skewered!

Widening a lot of the pavements here in London, giving people more space to 'distance'. 

Also, a lot of bars are now open, you just can't go in lol. Pints on the go!!!

Make love, not war, at my favourite place for a Carmel Square, and you'll notice my super colour coordination in the reflection lol. 

IMAG1710.jpg

IMAG1715.jpg

IMAG1716.jpg

IMAG1717.jpg

IMAG1708.jpg

IMAG1707.jpg

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1

Is kind of funny how all of these riots are happening just as the lockdown eases.......A coincidence   I think not...

BREAKING RIOT UPDATES - BLAZE TV   to many riots to list but this guy on twitter keeps up with most of them.....you can search for this name...

Here is just one example...

CHAOS: Police officers dragged through the street in Chicago

This is madness..

Edited by fforest

25 minutes ago, fforest said:

Is kind of funny how all of these riots are happening just as the lockdown eases.......I coincidence   I think not...

BREAKING RIOT UPDATES - BLAZE TV   to many riots to list but this guy on twitter keep up with most of them.....you can search for this name...

Ya got one thing right!

Sit rep: Lockdown easing, no riots!

5 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

@grayray You are a lucky bastard living in NSW.

image.png

will in the local to-morrow 10am.me mate sister passed last Thursday,

so we are having a Bundy Monday, because she wanted a very private send off. so only 5 family members was there on Saturday,when she was cremated.

R.I.P.Barbara

regards

grayray

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

@grayray You are a lucky bastard living in NSW.

image.png

NSW you know to steal some thunder from the land of the CaneToad.

NSW glorious one day and perfect the next :default_bananas:

Question thegrogmonster what is like living in one of the two best states in the world

1,the state of drunkeness

2,the state of Queensland

regards

grayray

2 hours ago, fforest said:

Is kind of funny how all of these riots are happening just as the lockdown eases.......I coincidence   I think not...

BREAKING RIOT UPDATES - BLAZE TV   to many riots to list but this guy on twitter keeps up with most of them.....you can search for this name...

Here is just one example...

CHAOS: Police officers dragged through the street in Chicago

This is madness..

horrendous

4 hours ago, fforest said:

Is kind of funny how all of these riots are happening just as the lockdown eases.......A coincidence   I think not...

Just as "funny" --  how "end the lockdown" advocates were significantly influenced by BOTS...

Report: Tweets About “Reopening America” Largely Coming From Bots

Nearly half of the Twitter accounts that discuss “reopening America” could be bots according to a new study by Carnegie Mellon’s School of Computer Science.

Starting in January, CMU researchers collected more than 200 million tweets discussing coronavirus or COVID-19. Of the top 50 influential retweeters, 82% were bots, as their study found, while of the top 1,000 retweeters, 62% were bots. The study has also started to focus on Facebook, Reddit and YouTube mentions of the pandemic...

_____

Which one are you fforest?

Edited by lazarus
does not compute

49 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Just as "funny" --  how "end the lockdown" advocates were significant influenced by BOTS...

Report: Tweets About “Reopening America” Largely Coming From Bots

Nearly half of the Twitter accounts that discuss “reopening America” could be bots according to a new study by Carnegie Mellon’s School of Computer Science.

Starting in January, CMU researchers collected more than 200 million tweets discussing coronavirus or COVID-19. Of the top 50 influential retweeters, 82% were bots, as their study found, while of the top 1,000 retweeters, 62% were bots. The study has also started to focus on Facebook, Reddit and YouTube mentions of the pandemic...

_____

Good Afternoon Gentlemen my name is fforest I am a Hal 9000 computer....lol

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2020 at 11:10 PM, fforest said:

EZNSe7MU0AAj_SO.jpg

Situation has really gotten worse, protests even in Toronto on Saturday, as well as DC,LA, NYC, etc. Not just a Minnesota thing anymore. I was surprised nobody is really talking about it here. 
Very touchy subject I’m afraid, so I won’t comment, except that no matter what you think, when is it ever considered OK to light fires and loot businesses in your area? Right there the protesters lose my sympathy. 

But what happened......never in a million years should that man be dead. An “alleged” fake $20 bill, looks like he is co-operating with cops, and he’s put on his stomach with a guys knee on his neck for 8 minute? WTF???? And putting a whole CNN crew in handcuffs for doing their job? Again... WTF? 

But I fear things won’t really change.  This cop will do 5-10 years in jail, and Floyd’s family will receive at least $5m, if not $20m, paid for by taxpayers. I’m still very puzzled by the strength of the police unions and the “thin blue line”. What are they afraid of? To take a stand against the very small minority of your co-workers who kill/maim innocents.....is that really a rat, especially when there is 100% video evidence? That mentality, and the governments that support it , must change

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Situation has really gotten worse, protests even in Toronto on Saturday, as well as DC,LA, NYC, etc. Not just a Minnesota thing anymore. I was surprised nobody is really talking about it here. 
Very touchy subject I’m afraid, so I won’t comment, except that no matter what you think, when is it ever considered OK to light fires and loot businesses in your area? Right there the protesters lose my sympathy. 
But what happened......never in a million years should that man be dead. An “alleged” fake $20 bill, looks like he is co-operating with cops, and he’s put on his stomach with a guys knee on his neck for 8 minute? WTF???? And putting a whole CNN crew in handcuffs for doing their job? Again... WTF? 

But I fear things won’t really change.  This cop will do 5-10 years in jail, and Floyd’s family will receive at least $5m, if not $20m, paid for by taxpayers. I’m still very puzzled by the strength of the police unions and the “thin blue line”. What are they afraid of? To take a stand against the very small minority of your co-workers who kill/maim innocents.....is that really a rat, especially when there is 100% video evidence? That mentality, and the governments that support it , must change

Cops 'taking out' black men has been an American law enforcement tradition for hundreds of years...
People like NFL player Colin Kaepernick who tried to bring it to light are shut down and tossed into the trash bin.
Institutionalized racism runs deep in America.

Just look at the COVID-19 death statistics.

"The latest overall COVID-19 mortality rate for Black Americans is 2.4 times as high as the rate for Whites and 2.2 times as high as the rate for Asians and Latinos."

source: https://www.apmresearchlab.org/covid/deaths-by-race

Capturelebron.JPG

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 2