COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

12 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

You never want to get to their level. You know that.

There isn't a hope in hell that I could come close, that is a mentality that has been born out of a life that I have never been party too and never will, thankfully..

Just noticed today a lot dive shops I've used, from Turkey to Tenerife to Spain, all doing offers. 

I'm sure there's going to be some good offers on most things to try and entice people back, at least at the start, then I think prices will go up. 

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Just noticed today a lot dive shops I've used, from Turkey to Tenerife to Spain, all doing offers. 

I'm sure there's going to be some good offers on most things to try and entice people back, at least at the start, then I think prices will go up. 

Just be careful, some holiday operators are selling packages for countries that still have a ban on international tourism. For example, I have seen packages for Thailand in early July, yet it is highly likely the only foreigners allowed in to Thailand in July will be WP holders. 

Edited by dcfc2007

1 hour ago, fforest said:

This is a in house job....

I thought you were nuts with some of the shite you posted about the virus, but now I think you have gone completely tonto. 

Mods, can we move this political shite to the relevant section as this thread is about Covid-19. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, galenkia said:

I thought you were nuts with some of the shite you posted about the virus, but now I think you have gone completely tonto. 

Mods, can we move this political shite to the relevant section as this thread is about Covid-19. 

Agree,  just have a seperate dumping ground off the main board. 

1 hour ago, john luke said:

Gents - A number of posts moved to the Minneapolis thread in Politics Club (United States Section)

https://thailand-247.com/index.php?/topic/3513-minneapolis-riots-spontanious-or-orchestrated/page/2/&tab=comments#comment-128974

I think what became post #37 in the Minneapolis thread was actually a Covid-19 post.

Deaths are only going up...

>> as of 1 June = United States    106,925 dead

or the police have been very busy.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Just be careful, some holiday operators are selling packages for countries that still have a ban on international tourism. For example, I have seen packages for Thailand in early July, yet it is highly likely the only foreigners allowed in to Thailand in July will be WP holders. 

Aye, it's way to fluid at the moment, never mind safely issues.

Would love to get to Turkey over the summer, and if it was just me, I probably would. 

But think i'll wait until January, or maybe even November, for Thailand with wife and child.

This COVID-19 sh*t is not going away anytime soon...

Just read this story from the US:

30 confirmed or probable cases of COVID-19 after religious revival in Idaho Falls

IDAHO FALLS — At least 30 people who attended a religious revival in Idaho Falls have been diagnosed with or are suspected to have COVID-19.

The Idaho Falls Potter’s House Christian Center on Lomax Street held a multi-day revival near the end of May. In the days following the event, people who attended began showing novel coronavirus symptoms. They were tested, and the positive cases were reported to Eastern Idaho Public Health and the Southeastern Idaho Public Health District.

Eastern Idaho Public Health spokeswoman Mimi Taylor said health officials are speaking with at least 41 people from 12 households who attended the revival...

...Those who got the virus said nobody wore masks, and it remains unclear if any social distancing measures were followed, McCulloch said.

“They (those at the revival) said there was a female there that was coughing a lot,” ...

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/06/30-confirmed-or-probable-cases-of-covid-19-after-religious-revival-in-idaho-falls/

40 minutes ago, lazarus said:

This COVID-19 sh*t is not going away anytime soon...

Just read this story from the US:

30 confirmed or probable cases of COVID-19 after religious revival in Idaho Falls

IDAHO FALLS — At least 30 people who attended a religious revival in Idaho Falls have been diagnosed with or are suspected to have COVID-19.

The Idaho Falls Potter’s House Christian Center on Lomax Street held a multi-day revival near the end of May. In the days following the event, people who attended began showing novel coronavirus symptoms. They were tested, and the positive cases were reported to Eastern Idaho Public Health and the Southeastern Idaho Public Health District.

Eastern Idaho Public Health spokeswoman Mimi Taylor said health officials are speaking with at least 41 people from 12 households who attended the revival...

...Those who got the virus said nobody wore masks, and it remains unclear if any social distancing measures were followed, McCulloch said.

“They (those at the revival) said there was a female there that was coughing a lot,” ...

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/06/30-confirmed-or-probable-cases-of-covid-19-after-religious-revival-in-idaho-falls/

Clusters of Covid-19 have previously been associated with choirs/choir practice.

If there was likely to be singing, hallelujah brothers and amens at the Idaho Falls Potter’s House Christian Center multi-day revival, there's your answer.

https://www.ifpottershouse.com/our-beliefs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

And I hope everyone of these ass-wipes who looted, killed Police Officers and destroyed peoples business, get Covid 19, and die a slow miserable death. 

I am dead serious too.......no sympathy from me at all. 

Probably only thing that will happen to any of them. Get a little sick with COVID and give it to Granny & Mom...who then die.

Even if they know who they are & catch 'em...they won't put them in jail.
Half of 'em were probably just released.

. . .

Apple Warns Looters With Stolen iPhones: You Are Being Tracked

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2020/06/01/apple-warns-looters-with-stolen-iphones-you-are-being-tracked/#19a244e45098

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lazarus said:

Definitely beats haggis... 😝

unless you have some sauce. 😃

mcdonalds-special-sauce.jpg

Battered haggis & chips was a favourite when I was at RAF Lossiemouth,but I was only there for 3 weeks so didn't get the chance to get pissed off with it.

WP1.jpg.a83e241fe99f3385837a3384a07959c2.jpg

Civil unrest causes scores of coronavirus testing 
sites to close, intensifying fears of an outbreak

Vandalism and civil unrest have forced at least 70 coronavirus testing sites across the United States to close, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Most were located in private pharmacies in what are deemed “socially vulnerable” neighborhoods, intensifying health officials’ fears that demonstrations against police violence could become a breeding ground for the coronavirus. The closures may make it harder for authorities to identify outbreaks stemming from the protests, public health experts warn.

“We shouldn’t feel comforted if we don’t see an uptick,” Leana S. Wen, Baltimore’s former health commissioner, told The Washington Post. “There may be a reason why the numbers aren’t being captured.”

Here are some significant developments:

• The first randomized clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine found that the antimalarial drug did not prevent healthy people from getting covid-19, the disease the virus causes, according to findings published Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine.
  • At least 450,000 heath-care workers worldwide have become infected with the coronavirus, and more than 600 nurses have died, according to a report issued Wednesday by the Geneva-based International Council of Nurses.
  • A protester who took to the streets in Columbus, Ohio, last Thursday has tested positive for the coronavirus. Public health officials are now encouraging hundreds of other demonstrators to monitor themselves for symptoms.
  • Movie theater chain AMC expects to lose $2 billion in revenue from the first quarter of the year and says that there is “substantial doubt” that it will remain in business.
  • Florida and Texas are moving ahead with the next phases of reopening, despite a surge of new coronavirus cases in both states.

My daughter is back at school which is great as I am not an educator but now it appears that many of those that didn't want their children to go back last Monday now 'do' want their children back in school and as such I now have been told that my daughter's education will be put on hold every other week. The letter says she will not be at school next week but will be the following week and then every other week till the end of term. 

Kind of pissed off but the only silver lining is that she will be off the week of my birthday so hoping that England will open up a bit more so we can stay over near the coast somewhere.

On 3/17/2020 at 3:42 PM, fygjam said:

One upshot in Australia. It was on the TV news last night so no link.

WA police have suspended routine random breath testing (booze busses).

A sign the lockdowns are lifting.

In WA, booze busses are back on from this weekend.