COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

While most of the focus has been on China and the West...other countries are having a difficult time fighting COVID-19

India running out of hospital beds amid record coronavirus cases

As India reports a record number of coronavirus infections in a single day, the country's fragile health infrastructure faces a major crisis: a lack of hospital beds.

Officials in India's two largest cities - the capital New Delhi and financial hub Mumbai - have reported an alarming shortage of space in hospital intensive care units (ICUs) and general wards...

...A report by the Indian Express newspaper on Tuesday cited the BMC data as saying 99 percent of Mumbai's ICU beds and 94 percent of ventilators were already occupied.

The report said Mumbai has 1,094 ICU beds in public and private hospitals, with 1,083 among them occupied. It added that of the 464 ventilators, 437 were already employed for patients...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/india-running-hospital-beds-record-coronavirus-cases-200609111732298.html?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0_kZMYuKHlnlOEvvgyU3O9Zp-JSCL1G7OtSbQWO05paNLDfmqMxXkXDx0

While Europe's getting it under control, overall in the rest of the world, it's currently getting worse not better.

All shops to open on Monday here in Engerland.

Then hopefully restaurants as sit down next, pubs, gyms etc in July. Getting emails from my gym saying how it's going to work. 

The High Streets around here are well busy again, only public transport is still down, massive queues at bike shops.

Even in Northern Ireland i'm seeing posts on  Facebook from people I know moaning about having to go back to work 😆  They should be lucky they have a job to go  back too, there's going to be carnage soon. 

People have had enough as well, especially when they see mass crowds at beaches or protests, outdoor raves or whatever. Thankfully it's pretty much passed in London, as no way would a 2nd lockdown be adhered to. People haven't been able to go to family funerals, missed the birth of their children or whatever, and are quite rightly pissed off with what's going on now. It's the hypocrisy from the leftie media that gets me, 2 weeks ago you were the devil if you went out, now it's laudable apparently!

Boris's limitations are also getting more and more exposed as this goes on. 

Vulnerable and children from a poor background are getting more at risk, with what to me anyway, it's the Unions trying to make the Government look bad re opening schools, children suffering. 

I'm happy it's opening up, but incredibly frustrated and pissed off with what's currently happening in the UK for a few reasons. 

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Krapow said:

Then hopefully restaurants as sit down next, pubs, gyms etc in July. Getting emails from my gym saying how it's going to work. 

The High Streets around here are well busy again, only public transport is still down, massive queues at bike shops.

Even in Northern Ireland i'm seeing posts on  Facebook from people I know moaning about having to go back to work 😆  They should be lucky they have a job to go  back too, there's going to be carnage soon. 

People have had enough as well, especially when they see mass crowds at beaches or protests, outdoor raves or whatever. Thankfully it's pretty much passed in London, as no way would a 2nd lockdown be adhered to. People haven't been able to go to family funerals, missed the birth of their children or whatever, and are quite rightly pissed off with what's going on now. It's the hypocrisy from the leftie media that gets me, 2 weeks ago you were the devil if you went out, now it's laudable apparently!

Vulnerable and children from a poor background are getting more at risk, with what to me anyway, it's the Unions trying to make the Government look bad re opening schools, children suffering. 

I'm happy it's opening up, but incredibly frustrated and pissed off with what's currently happening in the UK for a few reasons. 

no way would a 2nd lockdown be adhered to

Are you Kidding?......If peoples T.V  told them a huge 2nd wave was here they would all be back in lockdown mode with-in days......The T.V is telling people its ok to relax a little....When the T.V says to be afraid again thats exactly what will happen....

People are being given the summer off .....If the 2nd wave happens it will be late next fall and winter...

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, fforest said:

no way would a 2nd lockdown be adhered to

Are you Kidding?......If peoples T.V  told them a huge 2nd wave was here they would all be back in lockdown mode with-in days......The T.V is telling people its ok to relax a little....When the T.V says to be afraid again thats exactly what will happen....

People are being given the summer off .....If the 2nd wave happens it will be late next fall and winter...

Apart from the ones that know it's the TV controling the sheep I suppose.  The ones that know something that everyone else doesn't, the special people, the ones that have the likes of Jake the Asshole to tell them the truth. 

The ones that know it's the NWO or the Illuminati, or giant green lizards, the NWO who control and instigate everything, the all powerful and all seeing, but strangely don't seem to have a utube log in or control to shut down Jake. I think we're just lucky that Jake has them sussed, and has found some way to stay alive and online to tell the enlightened what exactly is going on along with telling us the Earth is flat. 

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Krapow said:

the  hypocritical double standard contrasting the huge crowds which gathered at the weekend  for BLM  and the  ongoing business lockdown has pissed me off big time for sure..its a kick in the bollocks for the law abiding 

The Funerals thing is just sickening 

Edited by Ivan the terrible
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

the  hypocritical double standard contrasting the huge crowds which gathered at the weekend  for BLM  and the  ongoing business lockdown has pissed me off big time for sure..its a kick in the bollocks for the law abiding 

They were all down the beach on the previous weeks ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52754039

13 hours ago, lazarus said:

While most of the focus has been on China and the West...other countries are having a difficult time fighting COVID-19

India running out of hospital beds amid record coronavirus cases

As India reports a record number of coronavirus infections in a single day, the country's fragile health infrastructure faces a major crisis: a lack of hospital beds.

Officials in India's two largest cities - the capital New Delhi and financial hub Mumbai - have reported an alarming shortage of space in hospital intensive care units (ICUs) and general wards...

...A report by the Indian Express newspaper on Tuesday cited the BMC data as saying 99 percent of Mumbai's ICU beds and 94 percent of ventilators were already occupied.

The report said Mumbai has 1,094 ICU beds in public and private hospitals, with 1,083 among them occupied. It added that of the 464 ventilators, 437 were already employed for patients...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/india-running-hospital-beds-record-coronavirus-cases-200609111732298.html?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0_kZMYuKHlnlOEvvgyU3O9Zp-JSCL1G7OtSbQWO05paNLDfmqMxXkXDx0

Yes we get headlines that Boris is the least respected premier in dealing with Covid of all the world's nations.

I find it odd then that when things seem to be quietening/flattening now in the UK there are countries facing ever increasing problems such as in South America, India and even Sweden yet their leaders are loved and trusted despite the catastrophes affecting them.

I have almost given up on the media and as for the BBC, well that channel would make my dad turn in his grave.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

Here locally restaurants started re-opening the Ist, with patio seating now beginning. Alot of restaurants have now built concrete foundations outside in this city called "Los Gatos" where they can start to begin serving people. At least it's a start and hopefully in July a Phase 3 will let my gym open again. 

Yesterday we went to "Pedros" Mexican Restaurant, I woofed down my Enchilada in record time.  I could have easily had another LOL! 

That one picture of the 2 story used to be a "mortuary" back in the early 1900's, now a restaurant. 

Calif weather in full swing now....feels good. 

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Here locally restaurants started re-opening the Ist, with patio seating now beginning. Alot of restaurants have now built concrete foundations outside in this city called "Los Gatos" where they can start to begin serving people. At least it's a start and hopefully in July a Phase 3 will let my gym open again. 

Yesterday we went to "Pedros" Mexican Restaurant, I woofed down my Enchilada in record time.  I could have easily had another LOL! 

That one picture of the 2 story used to be a "mortuary" back in the early 1900's, now a restaurant. 

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

Beauty.Looking good.Is there a Pedros in Palm Springs?

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Looks like a nice meal out...
I'm sure a lot of people will be doing this. Tired of eating at home.

I worked in Los Gatos back in the late 1970s at a place called the Courtside Racket Club. Lots of high rollers even back then.
The word was the Los Gatos Ferrari dealer was #1 in the US. Even before it was Silicon Valley.

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1

Irish PM says that he plans to have the country fully reopened by the end of July. They are also looking at reducing the 2m rule to 1m, hopefully the 14 day quarantine period goes and I can finally get a holiday.

• Like 2

"...This is a challenge that is as daunting as any I’ve ever faced in my public health career, including HIV / AIDS or any other condition. How do we try to protect those people who are at the highest risk of having a severe outcome? And right now, if you’re over age 65, you’re male, if you have underlying heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, renal disease, certain lung cancers or blood cancers or if you’re moderately to severely obese, then these are all risk factors for developing the disease. And I might add to the obesity piece, which is something very near to the hearts of your readers here — healthy lifestyles are so important in reducing your risk for severe disease. Right now, among those people who we see having severe disease under age 55, obesity is the number one risk factor for [COVID-19]..."

COVID-19: Straight Answers from Top Epidemiologist Who Predicted the Pandemic

https://www.bluezones.com/2020/06/covid-19-straight-answers-from-top-epidemiologist-who-predicted-the-pandemic/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=covid-19-straight-answers-from-top-epidemiologist-who-predicted-the-pandemic&fbclid=IwAR38UABsg3UERkJI8q6VePfYNCw5J_ta6rCyQnHlLsX5BfCJCXUmeCp7HfE

23 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

and so it proved......,a positive case at the Melbourne rally ,self indulgent leftie fuckwits put Australias health in danger having done magnificently so far.Contrast to the Anzac day commemerations ,dignified and safe in that instance.

I rarely wish people ill ...but...I would wish them worse if it wasnt such a danger to the wider community

15 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Irish PM says that he plans to have the country fully reopened by the end of July. They are also looking at reducing the 2m rule to 1m, hopefully the 14 day quarantine period goes and I can finally get a holiday.

Where to in the South?

48 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Not in the south. I'll be flying from Dublin on an Irish passport, UK passports are going to be treated like lepers for a while. 

Aye, whisper it, but my daughter and myself both have Irish Passports. 

• Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Aye, whisper it, but my daughter and myself both have Irish Passports. 

You would be mad not to, British passport will be about as much use as toilet roll in the next 20 years.

• Haha 1