COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, Ivan the terrible said:

look...dont demonise people...the person most at risk is himself...it would be nice if he adopted the consensus brief  for his own sake and to a much  lesser extent others around him ,

That's not the message we are getting in the UK. We are told to wear face-coverings in confined places so as to protect other people from us, not so as to protect us from other people.

Note "face-coverings", not face masks. They don't want the general population depriving front-line medical staff of face masks.

I see this very much like smoking. People assert their right to smoke which they feel trumps the possible injury (and annoyance) they are doing to other people.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Bazle said:

That's not the message we are getting in the UK. We are told to wear face-coverings in confined places so as to protect other people from us, not so as to protect us from other people.

Note "face-coverings", not face masks. They don't want the general population depriving front-line medical staff of face masks.

I see this very much like smoking. People assert their right to smoke which they feel trumps the possible injury (and annoyance) they are doing to other people.

its a good point,and quite right from the scientific viewpoint, but repetitive viral load exposure surely cannot be good

If he is well it isnt a problem,,,if he is early assmptomatic infectious   or unwell ...its catastrophic...a vector of the disease

Edited by Ivan the terrible

41 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

there is no road map for this...at least question your own preconceptions...I  have had to do likewise

Listen openly not with rancour  because no one really knows what to do...now the overwhelming NHS meme (or whatever health service ..)of absolute catastrophe has gone but there is still real risk...

Do we  have to make value judgements now? or can it wait?? ... and this will be challenging to everyone  Im sure....it is who is in eugenic terms "the most worthy of survival "..its not an inane choice ,there will be mass death in which thousands die either side in a population model ...  either by virus or by  starvation /deprivation particularly in the 3rd world 

Or do we procrastinate  and hope...central banks can only do ,so much 

We are at stage 1 ..without a vaccine stage 2 is coming

My feeling  is give it another 4 months or sooner and review...delay just a little for vaccine nirvana ..can I guess the 3.15 at Kempton...thats what they are doing...seriously...no one knows

Fine, agreed.

Point still stands. If you post in a certain way, you'll  most likely get a response. If you give it, you get it back, them's the rules. 

2 minutes ago, fatbhoytim said:

If they are wearing these most popular type of mask, then yes.

masks.webpUnavailable

That is not what you said initially and what I replied to.

You are now changing your tune.

5 hours ago, fatbhoytim said:

It has been scientifically proven that wearing a mask does NOT protect the wearer from Covid-19.

3 minutes ago, fygjam said:

That is not what you said initially and what I replied to.

You are now changing your tune.

Are you some kind of arse bandit ??? Just about everytime I make a comment on here you are right up my hoop with some contradictory shite. I have already had this conversation with you and refuse to enter into any further discussion with you on this matter. Do yourself a favour and go throw shite somewhere else. Fuckin moron.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, fatbhoytim said:

Are you some kind of arse bandit ??? Just about everytime I make a comment on here you are right up my hoop with some contradictory shite. I have already had this conversation with you and refuse to enter into any further discussion with you on this matter. Do yourself a favour and go throw shite somewhere else. Fuckin moron.

I'm sorry if expecting accuracy, especially when you quote "science", offends you.

48 minutes ago, fygjam said:

I'm sorry if expecting accuracy

Accuracy-- from you ? with your copy and paste shite don't make me laugh. Are you sure you were not known as another persona - perhaps with intials C.F.?

Science is contradictory, which is why reasonable people can debate about it without coming back with know it all comments, or in your case I suspect you are only trolling me.

cocksucker-cock-sucker-muscle-angry-chicken-womens-tri-blend-v-neck-t-shirt.jpg

4 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

look...dont demonise people...the person most at risk is himself...it would be nice if he adopted the consensus brief  for his own sake and to a much  lesser extent others around him ,

I would hope that he is an  honourable person and,should he develop symptoms he would go get tested and then isolate..UNTIL A NEGATIVE TEST RESULT...I would be interested to hear fforest's  comments on this issue...

We do all need to make our own decisions ...unless you want to live in caves..WITH BATS.. we need to get something approximating normal life going on...yes there will be deaths for sure...but in this circumstance who holds the scales of justice as to deaths on either side...a man much braver than I would take up that mantle...its a poisoned sword to boot,...if you excuse  my tiptoing into "critical  limb fluidity theory" ..damn..did it again ..forgot the chalice/ throat

Yes. I agree.
But, not trying to demonize...just playing forum "tennis"... you know that game. 
I wear a mask when I go out now. Not in my car or if I'm far enough away from others. Definitely in shops and pedestrian bottlenecks.
It's easy. Although it fogs my glasses and makes my beard itch.

That is why in my earlier post I added the quote (below) from the article I linked (worth reading btw):

The Dudes Who Won’t Wear Masks
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/dudes-who-wont-wear-masks/613375/?fbclid=IwAR0Tn4cwwmu9BGPKbo07AMb80bPVFXXGUuK-j9hpi1YgFbwvFacyO2Ls73c

"...But trying to shame people into wearing masks will only cement their resistance—and perhaps even drive them to socialize behind closed doors, where being unmasked is higher risk. Public health works best when it recognizes and supports people’s needs and desires without judgment. If Americans do this right, Huff might even find that his wearing a mask is the very thing that makes those checkout ladies smile."

Note: that last part of the quote ^ was not in my original post, but it fits right in with fforest's gloating post about going into a shop w/o a mask.

96814230_240801210571312_4126810779376680960_n.jpg

Edited by lazarus
hansum man... :-)

11 hours ago, fatbhoytim said:

Accuracy-- from you ? with your copy and paste shite don't make me laugh. Are you sure you were not known as another persona - perhaps with intials C.F.?

Science is contradictory, which is why reasonable people can debate about it without coming back with know it all comments, or in your case I suspect you are only trolling me.

cocksucker-cock-sucker-muscle-angry-chicken-womens-tri-blend-v-neck-t-shirt.jpg

Is that how you see yourself.

Try

image.png

However

You made an unsupported statement claiming that it was scientifically proven that masks did not protect against Covid-19.

I queried your statement. That is how reasonable people debate things.

You then qualified your statement and I pointed out that it therefore negated you original statement.

You then had a hissy fit laced with abuse which is what unreasonable people do when confronted with their errors.

The problem with some people today is they cannot accept responsibility for their own mistakes.

I expect some of those Florida anti-maskers will blame someone else if they contract Covid-19.

According to the WHO (based on a number of scientific studies)

According to current evidence, COVID-19 virus is primarily transmitted between people through respiratory droplets and contact routes.

https://www.who.int/news-room/commentaries/detail/modes-of-transmission-of-virus-causing-covid-19-implications-for-ipc-precaution-recommendations

so it stands to reason that any measure, including masks, to avoid respiratory droplets would  be one way to reduce the spread of Covid-19.

On 6/20/2020 at 11:56 AM, fygjam said:

Well this is interesting, along with the "French patient".

Italy sewage study suggests COVID-19 was there in December 2019

Coronavirus traces have been discovered in wastewater collected from Italy in December 2019, weeks before China reported its first cases.

The Italian National Institute of Health looked at 40 sewage samples collected from wastewater treatment plants in northern Italy between October 2019 and February 2020.

An analysis released on Thursday said samples taken in Milan and Turin on December 18 showed the presence of the SARS-Cov-2 virus.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/global/italy-sewage-study-suggests-covid19-was-there-in-december-2019/news-story/2fd865f7b12a33698f3e9ab2f15a35e3

Coronavirus: Virus ‘found’ in March 2019 Spain sewage

Authorities testing sewer water in Spain discovered traces of COVID-19 dating back well before the pandemic broke out in China.

Spanish virologists have found traces of coronavirus in a sample of Barcelona sewer water
collected in March 2019, nine months before the disease was identified in China.

The University of Barcelona said the discovery of the virus genome so early in Spain, if
confirmed, would imply COVID-19 may have appeared much earlier than thought.

Researchers had been testing waste water since mid-April this year to identify potential new
outbreaks, when they decided to also run tests on older samples.

They first found the virus was present in Barcelona on January 15, 2020, 41 days before the
first case was officially reported there.

Then they ran tests on samples taken between January 2018 and December 2019 and found
the presence of the virus genome in one of them, collected on March 12, 2019.

“The levels of SARS-CoV-2 were low but were positive,” research leader Albert Bosch was
quoted as saying by the university.

The research has been submitted for a peer review.

Dr Joan Ramon Villalbi of the Spanish Society for Public Health and Sanitary
Administration told Reuters it was still early to draw definitive conclusions.

“When it’s just one result, you always want more data, more studies, more samples to
confirm it and rule out a laboratory error or a methodological problem,” he said.

There was the potential for a false positive due to the virus’ similarities with other
respiratory infections.

“But it’s definitely interesting, it’s suggestive,” Villalbi said.

Mr Bosch, who is president of the Spanish Society of Virologists, said that an early
detection even in January could have improved the response to the pandemic.

Instead, patients were probably misdiagnosed with common flu, contributing to community
transmission before measures were taken.

Professor Gertjan Medema of the KWR Water Research Institute in the Netherlands, whose
team began using a coronavirus test on waste water in February, suggested the Barcelona
group needs to repeat the tests to confirm it is really the SARS- CoV-2 virus.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-virus-found-in-march-2019-spain-sewage/news-story/313ed779e76e630aec1626a6c80aa7c4

Edited by fygjam
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

Is that how you see yourself.

Try

image.png

However

You made an unsupported statement claiming that it was scientifically proven that masks did not protect against Covid-19.

I queried your statement. That is how reasonable people debate things.

You then qualified your statement and I pointed out that it therefore negated you original statement.

You then had a hissy fit laced with abuse which is what unreasonable people do when confronted with their errors.

The problem with some people today is they cannot accept responsibility for their own mistakes.

I expect some of those Florida anti-maskers will blame someone else if they contract Covid-19.

According to the WHO (based on a number of scientific studies)

According to current evidence, COVID-19 virus is primarily transmitted between people through respiratory droplets and contact routes.

https://www.who.int/news-room/commentaries/detail/modes-of-transmission-of-virus-causing-covid-19-implications-for-ipc-precaution-recommendations

so it stands to reason that any measure, including masks, to avoid respiratory droplets would  be one way to reduce the spread of Covid-19.

He does have a point though that "your copy and paste shite" is often a lot of crap which doesn't contribute to the discussion, and has much in common with the stirrer of shit who had the initials CF.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1