COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

2 minutes ago, Painter said:

I dont think that will work.... but I might be wrong....!

If they are clear of the disease when they depart wherever they are departing from, but pick it up on the plane, will a test on arrival show it? Or would it not be shown by a test until 5, 6, 7 whatever days after arrival when its had time to incubate, and is possibly too late as they've already been spreading it? 

Not sure but they seem to be doing something like this in Sport ( golf ) 

7 minutes ago, Painter said:

I dont think that will work.... but I might be wrong....!

If they are clear of the disease when they depart wherever they are departing from, but pick it up on the plane, will a test on arrival show it? Or would it not be shown by a test until 5, 6, 7 whatever days after arrival when its had time to incubate, and is possibly too late as they've already been spreading it? 

Also the current swab test is only effective up to 5 days of you having any symptoms. If you aren't showing symptoms but have it for over 5 days then it won't pick it up anyway.

Edited by boydeste

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

They should test everyone arriving and give the results within 24 hours , then there would be no need for quarantine unless you had a +ve result 

People do not immediately test positive upon infection. Can take several days.

Fashionista as I am, I can't wait to see this famous "new normal" ....

Screenshot_20200630-120042_AliExpress_copy_600x1067.jpg

Screenshot_20200630-120155_AliExpress_copy_600x1067.jpg

Screenshot_20200630-120227_AliExpress_copy_600x1067.jpg

Screenshot_20200630-120251_AliExpress_copy_600x1067.jpg

A birthday party for the kids ? 

Screenshot_20200630-120356_AliExpress_copy_600x1067.jpg

Screenshot_20200630-120424_AliExpress_copy_600x1067.jpg

Woaw, what a beautifull and happy world ..... sing along ....

F.F.S., good our our ancestors who fought for democracy and freedom cant see this......

The world is reaching a summun of madness and stupidity !

Lucky this shit has been seriously filtered down here, and taken in a cool way.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Fashionista as I am, I can't wait to see this famous "new normal" ....

Screenshot_20200630-120042_AliExpress_copy_600x1067.jpg

Screenshot_20200630-120155_AliExpress_copy_600x1067.jpg

Screenshot_20200630-120227_AliExpress_copy_600x1067.jpg

Screenshot_20200630-120251_AliExpress_copy_600x1067.jpg

A birthday party for the kids ? 

Screenshot_20200630-120356_AliExpress_copy_600x1067.jpg

Screenshot_20200630-120424_AliExpress_copy_600x1067.jpg

Woaw, what a beautifull and happy world ..... sing along ....

F.F.S., good our our ancestors who fought for democracy and freedom cant see this......

The world is reaching a summun of madness and stupidity !

Lucky this shit has been seriously filtered down here, and taken in a cool way.

I cant take this any more......Just shoot me......

Edited by fforest

So Leicester in the UK is going back into lockdown tonight as cases have surged.

Now there is meant to be a horse racing meeting tonight in Leicester, but can't believe that's going ahead

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/leicester-await-bha-confirmation-as-tuesday-evening-card-hangs-in-the-balance/440059

But moving more into mainstream sport as Crystal Palace with the oldest manager in the history of top flight soccer at 72 (73 next month) are meant to travel to Leicester on Saturday to play an EPL game- really??

The idea of the lockdown is meant to rule out all, non-essential travel- taking a football team and support crew from London to Leicester- Mmmm. Wonder how the Premier League are going to play this?

What happens to the leagues integrity is several first-team players refuse to play.

I predict certain WHU and Watford fans demanding the league be called off right now😀

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Starshine said:

VapidBountifulLeveret-size_restricted.gif

Run fforest run!

The Prisoner is one of the best shows ever on T.V 

Confess

Confess

I guess now instead of Confess we could say put on your mask....lol.

Edited by fforest
  • Haha 2

I'm beginning to wonder now if I'll ever be able to return to Thailand.  I guess everything hangs on when an effective vaccine is developed.  My bold highlights.

Evil

NPR.jpg

WHO Chief On COVID-19 Pandemic: 'The Worst Is Yet To Come'

The head of the World Health Organization is warning that the COVID-19 pandemic is speeding up, and he criticized governments that have failed to establish reliable contact tracing to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

Speaking at a briefing in Geneva, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said: "We all want this to be over. We all want to get on with our lives. But the hard reality is this is not even close to being over."

"Although many countries have made some progress, globally the pandemic is actually speeding up," he said.

He said the solution is the same as it has been since the early days of the pandemic: "Test, trace, isolate and quarantine."

"If any country is saying contact tracing is difficult, it is a lame excuse," he said.

tweet.JPG

According to the latest tally from Johns Hopkins University, there have been more than 10 million confirmed coronavirus infections worldwide since the virus was first identified in China late last year, with more than a half-million deaths. The United States alone accounts for more than one-quarter of all confirmed cases with nearly 126,000 deaths.

"The lack of national unity and lack of global solidarity and the divided world ... is actually helping the virus to spread," Tedros said. "The worst is yet to come."

"I'm sorry to say that, but with this kind of environment and conditions we fear the worst," he said.

The head of WHO's emergencies program, Mike Ryan, said there had been "tremendous work" toward a coronavirus vaccine but said there's no guarantee of success.

In the U.S., a spike in coronavirus infections has been driven in part by people unwilling to heed public health guidelines to wear masks and continue social distancing.

Currently, the U.S. leads the world in both coronavirus infections and COVID-19 deaths. Brazil ranks second in the number of infections, followed by Russia, India and the United Kingdom.

President Trump has been highly critical of the WHO, accusing it of helping China cover up the extent of the pandemic within its borders. Earlier this month, the president announced that the U.S. was "terminating" its decades-long relationship with the WHO and would withdraw vital U.S. funding.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

Fauci: 'US could easily see 100,000 daily cases'

Dr Anthony Fauci tells the US Senate hearing in Washington that "clearly we are not in total control right now" of the US pandemic.

"We’re going to continue to be in a lot of trouble" if people don't start social distancing and wearing masks, he warns.

Daily cases are currently at around 40,000 per day.

The daily infection rate "could easily go up to 100,000 a day," he continues, saying he "would not be surprised" to see such a high rate of infection.

"It is going to be very disturbing, I will guarantee you that."

Good luck with that Tony, judging by some of the moonbeams on this forum :default_crazy:

• Thanks 1

Over 130,000 dead from COVID-19 in the USA now...

This video looks at palliative care & the tough choices people and families have to make when a loved one is dying:

Edited by lazarus
grim reaper smiling...
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Please tell me, this kind of comment is posted by a bot ? 

If it's a real human being.....OMG....

But than again, Americans......

Screenshot_20200630-190259_Samsung Internet_copy_600x1067.jpg

MAGA takes it's full meaning again ......

Didn't take long to get back to usual.